GMTM signs Contract Extension

Brawndo

I don't have a good answer for why there'd be a disconnect, but I am quite confident the roster assembled is not a good fit for what Bylsma wants to do. Could also be poor personnel choices, or lack of available "right" personnel. But I don't like the fit. Hell, we were apparently prepared to pay Stamkos over $10 million per, and he clearly doesn't fit the way Bylsma wants to play.

Do you believe we have a roster capable of winning in the current NHL? Meaning the answer is just for Bylsma to adjust his system (unlikely), or he needs to be fired? Or do you believe there is a fatal flaw in the actual roster assembled, regardless of the system they are being asked to play?

Saw your post in the other thread referencing Detroit, pretty much answered my question :lol:

Do you believe we have a roster capable of winning in the current NHL? Meaning the answer is just for Bylsma to adjust his system (unlikely), or he needs to be fired? Or do you believe there is a fatal flaw in the actual roster assembled, regardless of the system they are being asked to play?

Saw your post in the other thread referencing Detroit, pretty much answered my question :lol:

Yea, I mean, I'm obviously still very concerned with the defense corps as constructed, but I think the forward group (when healthy) is definitely good enough to get to the playoffs and maybe even pull off an upset...if it were being utilized differently. 

I do think Bylsma needs to be fired before this team has any real playoff success. For all of the talk about how he did a scout of all teams during his year off, he's doing the exact same things wrong he did in Pittsburgh. Nothing was fixed. I just don't have any confidence he's going to change.

Agreed on the defence, fully. Undecided on Bylsma but leaning your way. I do however think that the forwards we've assembled would be capable, in a couple years, of hopefully more than just an upset. But maybe you were just referring to this season.

Edited by Thorny

Agreed on the defence, fully. Undecided on Bylsma but leaning your way. I do however think that the forwards we've assembled would be capable, in a couple years, of hopefully more than just an upset. But maybe you were just referring to this season.

Yea I was just referring to this season on the upset front :)

Yea I was just referring to this season on the upset front :)

The reason we may not be able to test that upset theory this season may fall to your viewpoint on GMTM failing to improve the forward depth in the offseason, especially now that we (again) have the injury bug.

There are too many weak links in the current roster for this lineup to have a chance of competing for a WC berth.  The only good players are Eichel,  Okposo (and of course he's a great unknown on this team at this point), Reinhart, and potentially Girgensons.  Just about everyone else is hot garbage.  A lot of teams have D's that make a real offensive contribution - but based on past results within Bylsma's system, I doubt we'll ever see that from Gorges(2 goals last year) or Bogo(7 goals last year).    

There are too many weak links in the current roster for this lineup to have a chance of competing for a WC berth.  The only good players are Eichel,  Okposo (and of course he's a great unknown on this team at this point), Reinhart, and potentially Girgensons.  Just about everyone else is hot garbage.  A lot of teams have D's that make a real offensive contribution - but based on past results within Bylsma's system, I doubt we'll ever see that from Gorges(2 goals last year) or Bogo(7 goals last year).

I'd add ROR, Larsson, Ristolainen, Kulikov, McCabe, and perhaps Ennis to this list.

And Fasching is an up and comer.

Hrm not sure how I feel about this.

He has yet to make this team actually better

This team is light years ahead of where it was when he took over IMO.. Personally I am very excited Tim is resigned...  I have great faith in Tim to get us to the promise land...  In fact I can safely say I haven't been this excited for Hockey in well over a decade, and it has a lot to do with Mr.Tim

This statement is ludicrous

Edited by ddaryl

Did... did you forget ROR? What about Johan Larsson who is better than Zemgus. Jake McCabe has been fantastic this season thus far. This team is a long shot to be a WC team. They have a lot to make up for but, they do have talent. 

As others have pointed there are a few others you are missing... but I will say this.. this team is close to, or at the point where the "hot garbage" is holding the team back rather than lack of top end talent.     Any team is going to struggle when they have to trot out guys like Franson, Gorges, Girgensons, and Deslaurier for a regular shift.     I'd say were maybe 2 more offseasons away from having the team GMTM envisions in his head.     

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.