Jake McCabe signs three-year extension

Hoss

If I had to wager, I'd say he gets there. But he'd be the lesser player of a second pairing on a contending team, IMO.

There's a real chance that he more straddles that 4/5 tweener spot (again, on a contending team).

Where have you been all season to support me while the rest of Sabrespace was slobbering over this guy? I needed you, AND YOU WEREN'T THERE!

Where have you been all season to support me while the rest of Sabrespace was slobbering over this guy? I needed you, AND YOU WEREN'T THERE!

Hahaha. 

Slobbering.

Sorry, bruv. I think he's a nice player. A legit NHLer. I'm just not sure how much of a difference-maker he can be.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't understand why a 22 Yr old 1st year player is getting slammed.he has done more in 1 year than pysyk in 5. McCabe will be a 2/3 d man in near future.

Good riddance pysyk. Soft and overrated

I dont think the overwhelming majority of posters are down on McCabe. Some higher than others. If Jake turns into a #2 dman, the Sabres will be a playoff team.

Don't understand why a 22 Yr old 1st year player is getting slammed.he has done more in 1 year than pysyk in 5. McCabe will be a 2/3 d man in near future.

Good riddance pysyk. Soft and overrated

I like McCabe a lot as well. But i was also a fan of Pysyk, although his lack of physicality always bothered me. But, i don't how credible this guys WAR metric chart is, but according to his calculations Pysyk was our best d-men last season; Bogosian worst.

https://twitter.com/DTMAboutHeart/status/751895017942384644

Edited by Briere48

I like McCabe a lot as well. But i was also a fan of Pysyk, although his lack of physicality always bothered me. But, i don't how credible this guys WAR metric chart is, but according to his calculations Pysyk was our best d-men last season; Bogosian worst.

https://twitter.com/DTMAboutHeart/status/751895017942384644

The analytics aren't wrong. Bogo looks bad and Pysyk looks great. Pysyk is also 1000 times easier to play against with no threat of craziness which Bogo has in spades. Pysyk, in GMTM's words, is an analytic darling. I'm just not sure how that translates from a third pairing dman getting all the easy minutes.

The analytics aren't wrong. Bogo looks bad and Pysyk looks great. Pysyk is also 1000 times easier to play against with no threat of craziness which Bogo has in spades. Pysyk, in GMTM's words, is an analytic darling. I'm just not sure how that translates from a third pairing dman getting all the easy minutes.

A blend is ok.  I want a couple of guys like Bogo and Mike Weber on my team.  I don't want them running the D (Bogo on a second pair is perfect, and Weber on a third pair was fine), but a team needs guys like them.

A blend is ok. I want a couple of guys like Bogo and Mike Weber on my team. I don't want them running the D (Bogo on a second pair is perfect, and Weber on a third pair was fine), but a team needs guys like them.

Who was like that on Pittsburgh or San Jose? Physicality and "crazy" is a stylistic preference, not a necessity. Don't get me wrong, you can't have guys afraid of physicality like Gragnani, but that's about it IMO.

Who was like that on Pittsburgh or San Jose? Physicality and "crazy" is a stylistic preference, not a necessity. Don't get me wrong, you can't have guys afraid of physicality like Gragnani, but that's about it IMO.

Daley.

Burns.

Tell me that they're perfect passers.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.