Sabres season ticket prices going up again

matter2003

You are very generous with other people's tickets.

Kind of like you telling me how to spend my money.

You're the one who bought them. Would you buy a car you never plan to drive just for the hope you can sell it for more to someone else? That's basically what you are doing on a smaller scale but up to 41 times a season.

I hope you and everyone like you loses money until you stop doing it and until the people who buy the tickets from the team do so with the intention of going to the game.

In reality, you'll all probably just lose money until the team makes the playoffs again. Then you can celebrate price gouging your fellow fans because that's what the secondary market will bear. Congrats.

Kind of like you telling me how to spend my money.

You're the one who bought them. Would you buy a car you never plan to drive just for the hope you can sell it for more to someone else? That's basically what you are doing on a smaller scale but up to 41 times a season.

I hope you and everyone like you loses money until you stop doing it and until the people who buy the tickets from the team do so with the intention of going to the game.

In reality, you'll all probably just lose money until the team makes the playoffs again. Then you can celebrate price gouging your fellow fans because that's what the secondary market will bear. Congrats.

Get over yourself.

Whatever, man. You're the one who threw yourself a pity party in the other thread because you aren't making the killing you bragged about making pre-tank. Enjoy your price increase. I hope you lose your shirt.

It will be worth it when they start making the playoffs. And I'll be there thinking of you.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Ok, so let me get this straight. Sabres fans who aren't STH should buy tickets from you to games against Canadian teams so Sabres fans who are STH can sell them at a profit and attend the less popular games for free. Were you born with this sense of entitlement or did it get bred into you by yuppy parents?

I thought you were an older poster, Promo, but you come off as a younger guy who thinks somebody owes you something.

You really should try reading his posts. Your lack of comprehension is rather astounding.

You really should try reading his posts. Your lack of comprehension is rather astounding.

No I understood him just fine, I just disagree with him and have no sympathy for his sob story. He buys season tickets to make money and attend some games for free and that keeps another potential season ticket holder on the waiting list that might actually buy season tickets to cheer for the team.

It seems the NHL only cares about money so I guess it shouldn't surprise me that a portion of the fanbase does too. Doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

No I understood him just fine, I just disagree with him and have no sympathy for his sob story. He buys season tickets to make money and attend some games for free and that keeps another potential season ticket holder on the waiting list that might actually buy season tickets to cheer for the team.

It seems the NHL only cares about money so I guess it shouldn't surprise me that a portion of the fanbase does too. Doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

That's the fairy tale, ain't it?

Ironically those same poor potential season ticket owners on the wait list can't manage to buy game tickets on StubHub going for half what a per game season ticket would cost!

Edited by PromoTheRobot

That's the fairy tale, ain't it?

Ironically those same poor potential season ticket owners on the wait list can't manage to buy game tickets on StubHub going for half what a per game season ticket would cost!

It's a fairy tale to think people might actually buy tickets with the intention of attending the game rather than re-sell them with the hopes of making a profit? Ok, but that leaves one question.

If those people don't exist, then who do you think you're going to re-sell your tickets to?

Edited by Drunkard

It's a fairy tale to think people might actually buy tickets with the intention of attending the game rather than re-sell them with the hopes of making a profit? Ok, but that leaves one question.

If those people don't exist, then who do you think you're going to re-sell your tickets to?

People who only want to see games once in a while?

People who only want to see games once in a while?

Ok. So these people who want to see games once in a while are definitely real, there just aren't enough of them around to drive the price up for you to make money or even break even. I can see that, but you claim it's a fairy tale that people might actually want to attend all or at least most of the games? I don't see that at all because if I'm not mistaken the Sabres have an actual list of people waiting for season tickets, so I'm not sure how these people are the fairy tale that you claim. Maybe they are just waiting to become the next amateur scalpers or maybe they'd rather just rather not buy your tickets. If I was on that waiting list, I wouldn't buy tickets on the secondary market either and I'd hope as few people as possible did. That way maybe the speculators would eventually get tired of the financial losses, drop their season tickets, and I could move up the list.

I can see why you want that but it's really not in the interest of anyone on the waiting list at all. You want them to buy them from you to subsidize the games you want to attend and give you preference for playoff tickets but if all the scalpers succeed in that the retention rate stays high and the chances for them getting a chance at season tickets is even lower. I don't see the upside for them. The rest of the people you are banking on either can't afford season tickets or their schedule is too busy to allow them to attend enough games to make season tickets a worthwhile investment. All while the team has been a dumpster fire. Like I said earlier you'll probably be on the losing end until the team starts making the playoffs and enough people jump on the band wagon to spike demand. I just don't see why any of us should feel sorry for you losing money now or why we should cheer on your victory lap when you go back to making money eventually.

Way to jump to conclusions. I know the risk involved. As they say in stock market ads "past performance doesn't guarantee future outcomes." But even losing $1600 is still way less than paying full boat.

But don't hate the player, hate the game. This is the system. Teams benefit from resellers. We guarantee a full house while absorbing the fluctuations of a fickle fanbase.

We all pat ourselves on the back for maintaining a mostly full FNC during the tank, but why do you think that happened? It was resellers dumping seats at a quarter to the dollar. Do you honestly think fans would have paid full price for the garbage we were inflicted with?

If anything, resellers are the reason why parents can take their kids to see Jack Eichel for $20. Yet somehow all those Toronto and Montreal fans fill the FNC? Why is that? Are they somehow preventing Buffalo fans from buying up all those $20 tickets?

Trust me. Take reseller tickets out of the FNC and you have 6K in the house.

I got a mat for that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.