The Bogo Bunker

WildCard

40 members have voted

1. 1. Bunker Status:

• In
    • Out
    • Perusing

I cringed when he tried to lay down to stop the cross pass on a 2-on-1 and was too slow.

Bogo is too expensive to be our #4. He's not terrible, but his contract makes him bad value.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people view him as a #3. Take that as you will.

Also, your sig makes me sad :cry:

I'd prefer a Moulson bunker, but that would have to be the size of buffalo, sans jack eichel and family.

I'm not in the bogo bunker, I'm on the nude beach outside, scaring away most women.

And the ones you don't, you're scared of.

:P

Edited by Woods-Racer

I think we could use a Duncan Keith or a Brent Seabrook type D-man versus a solidly career negative plus minus guy like Bogosian. I didn't see anything about Bogosian last night that particularly impressed me;  one glaringly bad turnover took place right in front of us - I was like WTF!!!???

I think we could use a Duncan Keith or a Brent Seabrook type D-man versus a solidly career negative plus minus guy like Bogosian. I didn't see anything about Bogosian last night that particularly impressed me;  one glaringly bad turnover took place right in front of us - I was like WTF!!!???

You can't compare two of the top 10 d-men in the league to Bogo. Of course we could use Seabrook or Keith  :lol:

You should go back to questioning Matthews' competitiveness without anything to base it on ;)

Oh I think Matthews has got good compete, I just think Sam and Jack have more lead dog in them.

Sammy may seem like a quiet type but he grew up the youngest of three brothers in an athletic family.

Beat both of his brothers to the show and has never stopped improving since he got here.

That boy has been competing since he was in diapers.

You can't compare two of the top 10 d-men in the league to Bogo. Of course we could use Seabrook or Keith  :lol:

Good point -  I guess the sad takeaway (and it's not Bogo's fault) is that he IS by default one of our top d-men.  

One thing that doesn't really reflect in the stats - he's taken a few dumb penalties this year that have resulted in game changing goals by the opponent.   

We need a logbook on these guys - one column for every good thing they do, and one column for every bad/dumb/stupid thing they do.

Then at the end of the evaluation period if the player is on the positive side of the ledger,   we keep 'em.  If not, we ditch 'em.  

Maybe that's a "plus minus" that would be useful?  

If Sabres get to point of the luxury of ditching Bogo... they are ready for cup.... Gorges first and then McCabe or Psyk if they dont grow some nasty... Leaning towards McCabe lately. Still young though. Sabres still need 2 Forwards and at least 1 D next year then another the following year.

I don't get the anti-Bogosian sentiment. His, size, age, fixed cost and experience make Bogosian a great fit for this franchise. Is he a Norris Trophy Candidate? No. If he were he wouldn't be a Sabres and would cost a lot more per season. Will he be a fit two or three years down the road. We have no idea. Luckily the Sabres don't have to make that decision now. They can make it two - three years from now.    

I wish Bogosian was good enough to be our Hjalmarsson so we only had 1 high end defenseman position to fill. It's nice that he's been scoring a lot lately, I hope he keeps it up.

I just don't think Bogosian has the decision making/hockey IQ to be anything more than a shotgun rider on the second pairing. He's expensive, but it's not the worst contract. Matt Moulson taking up 5 mil makes the space that much more valuable.

I wouldn't really mind keeping him around for the rest of his deal because he's the only D-man in our corps that's an intimidating, mean bastard. I'd prefer that he be traded for a more cost-effective player, but that's a perfect world kind of wish.

The bunker probably is a bit of an overreaction, but I think my opinion on his play aligns pretty closely with the underground mole people.

Edited by qwksndmonster

I don't get the anti-Bogosian sentiment. His, size, age, fixed cost and experience make Bogosian a great fit for this franchise. Is he a Norris Trophy Candidate? No. If he were he wouldn't be a Sabres and would cost a lot more per season. Will he be a fit two or three years down the road. We have no idea. Luckily the Sabres don't have to make that decision now. They can make it two - three years from now.

Agreed. The ~$5.1MM cap hit isn't really an issue IMHO as they don't need the space now & that will likely be less than 1/16th of the cap by the time they do.

And w/ Risto starting to show some 'mean' in his game, the Sabres finally have grit on both their top 2 pairings. 1st time since they had Zhitnik & McKee at least & these 2 seem to do it better. Really don't see a reason to hate on him at present.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.