GDT Sabres at Kings 2/27/16 11:00 pm EST!?! MSG WGR

Brawndo

I really hope TM has something big in the works that will improve this team because this is getting old.

If you're hoping for him to make a significant improvement by Monday 3pm, you're setting yourself up for huge disappointment. Teams in our position don't go out and get help at the deadline. Also, i don't think Murray will want to risk losing lottery ball percentage odds.

I don't know how anyone watching the Anaheim game or this one could be too upset about McGinn leaving. If he's not collecting some garbage goals he doesn't bring much.

If we agree that 2 tanks were the correct way to proceed, no.  If you think otherwise.....

He had no other choice at the point he took over. That bridge was already built.

I don't know how anyone watching the Anaheim game or this one could be too upset about McGinn leaving. If he's not collecting some garbage goals he doesn't bring much.

He had no other choice at the point he took over. That bridge was already built.

But is he worth leaving for a 3rd? Or worse?

What we get for him is totally irrelevant to me. What matters is what it would cost to keep him here. I'm assuming he wants a raise, and if I'm paying a player over $3 million I want him to bring something other than intermittent goals.

Fair enough. If we can get him cheaper, I'd rather just keep him though. You're probably right in that he does want to be paid like that though

But is he worth leaving for a 3rd? Or worse?

It all depends how much he thinks he's worth compared to what Murray thinks he's worth. If McGinn sees himself at a certain level, theres no point of keeping him for the sake of keeping him. Might as well get something for him instead of getting nothing. If the Sabres and McGinn are not seeing eye-to-eye on dollars and term in February, it won't get better by July, barring an injury or something. July is crazy money season and guys like McGinn usually get over paid.

It all depends how much he thinks he's worth compared to what Murray thinks he's worth. If McGinn sees himself at a certain level, theres no point of keeping him for the sake of keeping him. Might as well get something for him instead of getting nothing. If the Sabres and McGinn are not seeing eye-to-eye on dollars and term in February, it won't get better by July, barring an injury or something. July is crazy money season and guys like McGinn usually get over paid.

Very well put. And I don't think Murray goes crazy in FA. IIRC he doesn't like to add players through FA frenzy

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.