GDT Sabres at Kings 2/27/16 11:00 pm EST!?! MSG WGR

Brawndo

I really don't think we're Edmonton. We're fresh out of the tank, with less talent, and we're already better than them. They consistently failed to bring veterans in to guide the young guys, any defense whatsoever, or ever find a goalie. We have 2/3 of those locked down, with the defense 1-2 players away from being set. Edmonton's problem isn't that they tanked/went through a rebuild, plenty of teams do that. They just did it in the most moronic way imaginable, by completely ignoring glaring faults and adding the same type of young, not ready players again and again. Edmonton is a truly unique case

Edited by WildCard

I think carrying Gorges on top-pair minutes has finally caught up to him. He's struggling mightily right now.

Ya looks like it. I very much hope that's all it is. He had such a stellar start to the season, it's tough to watch right now. Unfortunately some players have curves this year inverse to what I was hoping for. Not all, but some.

Also, we really, really miss ROR. I don't think that can be overstated. To the point where I think he is one of the leagues true MVPs. In the most valuable to his team sense.

Larsson truly is the most improved player on this team.

I certainly would've liked to see Girgs in that same category; however, I get the feeling he is playing with an injury.

I would like to see this team at least work their way into a wild card spot next year.

I'm just not seeing it yet.

Edited by hockeyhound

I think Zemgus is making Zemgus expendable, lately.

Mind boggling was has happened to him this year.

I really don't think we're Edmonton. We're fresh out if the tank, with less talent, and we're already better than them. They consistently failed to Ning veterans in to guide the young guys, any defense whatsoever, or ever find a goalie. We have 2/3 of those locked down, with the defense 1-2 players away from being set. Edmonton's problem isn't that they tanked/went through a rebuild, plenty of teams do that. They just did it in the most moronic way imaginable, by completely ignoring glaring faults and adding tr same type of young, not ready players again and again. Edmonton is a truly unique case

Good stuff, this gives credence to the hope that we are not them.

I really don't think we're Edmonton. We're fresh out if the tank, with less talent, and we're already better than them. They consistently failed to Ning veterans in to guide the young guys, any defense whatsoever, or ever find a goalie. We have 2/3 of those locked down, with the defense 1-2 players away from being set. Edmonton's problem isn't that they tanked/went through a rebuild, plenty of teams do that. They just did it in the most moronic way imaginable, by completely ignoring glaring faults and adding tr same type of young, not ready players again and again. Edmonton is a truly unique case

Agreed. And we have a GM who is doing more than sitting back and letting the prospects develop. I honestly think we could have morphed into Edmonton with Darcy still at the helm. But Murray? Well we might still go down, but we're going down swingin' :lol:

Outmatched tonight.  Got to try to see the long term goal.

This really is the take away message from tonight's game. We played a cup team and lost and at this point of our building it is gonna happen. We had energy when we shouldn't have considering the roadie and the flights etc.

I'm surprised this didn't get more play. That was an embarrassing effort from Risto on that goal.

The silver lining is maybe that'll lower the AAV of his new contract. :blink:

To be fair to him he was still shaking off yet another crushing hit. But if they're talking contract tonight, I definitely showcase that to him and his agent lol.

I always agree in the draft to go BPA.  I think Edmonton did, but it didnt work out.  I agree, Edmonton is a unique case.

I always agree in the draft to go BPA. I think Edmonton did, but it didnt work out. I agree, Edmonton is a unique case.

It's hard to fault them in their high draft choices, but paradoxically they shouldn't have ever been drafting those players if they were good at drafting to begin with. It's almost comical how much McDavid is like Crosby, both in talent and their organizations' inept drafting and inability to correct seemingly simple problems. Getting elite talent is the hard part, filling out the rest of your roster shouldn't be. Edited by WildCard

References to Edmonton make me shudder.  It's a good point regarding their identity.  Having seen McGinn this year, I thought he played into the identity (albeit not on the 1-2 line).  But I thought that was the identity.  Now he will leave to get picks that wont be in the lineup for 4 years.  Are we in lather, rinse, repeat mode like the other Buffalo franchise?

We are not Edmonton, now will be. We're solid in goal years before they are.

Yes it was.  And now I'm awake.

Welcome!

To be fair Foligno is invisible every game. Is it that McGinn isn't as good defensively as Gionta/Foligno, or that Foligno is that good defensively?

That is rich my man!

I was going to post here during the game, but I ended up talking to the old man during the first period and first half of the second, we don't get to do that much because of school, it was nice. Dads and their life lessons.

The Kings are good. I expected to be run out of the building. But the boys showed up. I expect to win this game next year. I'm proud of the way they played. Jack looked great, the line of Kane-Jack-Samson fought through the team that is tough enough to cycle and board-play their way to a cup. Eichel v Kopitar. Invaluable learning was done tonight. Sam's stick lift that one play was gold. I like Marcus a lot recently. Lehner is the man.

I love this team and this sport

I'm not even sure I want Foligno around long term, but I'm positive McGinn can't do what he does on that 3rd line so long as Bylsma is the coach.

This is such an unfortunate caveat that is starting to permeate way too many segments of our team's current make-up.

I really don't think we're Edmonton. We're fresh out of the tank, with less talent, and we're already better than them. They consistently failed to bring veterans in to guide the young guys, any defense whatsoever, or ever find a goalie. We have 2/3 of those locked down, with the defense 1-2 players away from being set. Edmonton's problem isn't that they tanked/went through a rebuild, plenty of teams do that. They just did it in the most moronic way imaginable, by completely ignoring glaring faults and adding the same type of young, not ready players again and again. Edmonton is a truly unique case

Work's for me; let's just see some improvement soon please before any of us have to leave the planet.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.