Predict the Biggest Trade Deadline Move

WildCard

Pretty simple here guys. All you have to do is predict:

a) The biggest move the Sabres make at the deadline

b) The biggest move across the league

Go ahead and get creative with it. Throw Stamkos around, trade P.K. if you want. Let's see what you've got.

For me, I'll go with:

a) Zach Bogosian, a 2nd, and Zemgus Girgensons to the Oilers for Taylor Hall

b) The Habs trade away Max Pacioretty to the Ducks for picks/prospects and Cam Fowler

That first trade would have to swap Risto with Bogo for Edmonton to think about that.

Sabres: McGinn for a 2nd. I don't think we make a big splash.

Rest of league: Ladd to the Panthers.

You think so? I think we could get them to bite with a combination of other things besides Risto. They'll foam at the mouth for Zemgus, and Bogo immediately slots into their top pair I believe

Hall is top ten in league scoring, isn't he? I totally believe it'd be Risto+ and no exceptions from them.

20-32-52 so far. He seems to have a bit of a injury plague though. Even omitting the lockout year, he's missed 20+ every year besides one (75 gp). Well and the 65 gp he got one year too. Still, if the Oilers don't find a trade for RNH/Yak that nets back something better, they'll do the above IMO. They aren't about to sit around and waste McDavid and Drasaitl. My trade above is more for fun, as I think the Oilers make their splash at the draft, when their pick, RNH, and Yak can all be moved to completely overhaul that roster in just unfair ways

Pretty simple here guys. All you have to do is predict:

a) The biggest move the Sabres make at the deadline

b) The biggest move across the league

Go ahead and get creative with it. Throw Stamkos around, trade P.K. if you want. Let's see what you've got.

For me, I'll go with:

a) Zach Bogosian, a 2nd, and Zemgus Girgensons to the Oilers for Taylor Hall

b) The Habs trade away Max Pacioretty to the Ducks for picks/prospects and Cam Fowler

Would do that in a heartbeat. That being said I think Chiarelli, doesn't make a move like that until the offseason when all 29 other teams can place their bids as well.

McGinn, Pysyk, Foligno and a high pick to Anaheim for Fowler

Drouin to Montreal for Max Pacciorety and 2017 2nd.

Legal disclosure. None of this would happen in the real world.

Edited by beerme1

20-32-52 so far. He seems to have a bit of a injury plague though. Even omitting the lockout year, he's missed 20+ every year besides one (75 gp). Well and the 65 gp he got one year too. Still, if the Oilers don't find a trade for RNH/Yak that nets back something better, they'll do the above IMO. They aren't about to sit around and waste McDavid and Drasaitl. My trade above is more for fun, as I think the Oilers make their splash at the draft, when their pick, RNH, and Yak can all be moved to completely overhaul that roster in just unfair ways

Hall, aside from his injury issues, has talent that justifies his draft spot. Even with the injuries, I have to think that the Oilers believe that they could get more than the defenseman with the most on-ice-goals-against per 60 minutes of all defensemen who have played over 500 minutes this season. I think he holds comparable value to many teams' best defenseman. I think that package has zero chance of getting Hall in any situation.

McGinn, Pysyk, Foligno and a high pick to Anaheim for Fowler

Drouin to Montreal for Max Pacciorety and 2017 1st.

Legal disclosure. None of this would happen in the real world.

The top might, not sure about that bottom part though  :lol:

Hall, aside from his injury issues, has talent that justifies his draft spot. Even with the injuries, I have to think that the Oilers believe that they could get more than the defenseman with the most on-ice-goals-against per 60 minutes of all defensemen who have played over 500 minutes this season. I think he holds comparable value to many teams' best defenseman. I think that package has zero chance of getting Hall in any situation.

Crushing Hufflepuff dreams, ya damned Slytherine

Edited by WildCard

Too bad Ennis is still broken; expect he could've been the centerpiece of a big deal.

Am hoping TM does another of his quantity for quality trades: McGinn, Johnson, Ruhwedal, & a 2nd for a D prospect ready to step in next year. Am expecting a series of 1 off trades.

Expect the biggest trades to be Moe-ray-all selling at least 2 big names - Pacioretti & Markov. Could they go bull goose loony & move PK? Wouldn't put it past them. If they did, hope the Sabres are bidding. Ennis, McCabe, & Buffalo's next 2 1sts - Moe-ray-all loves them some small fast forwards. :lol: ;)

Too bad Ennis is still broken; expect he could've been the centerpiece of a big deal.

Am hoping TM does another of his quantity for quality trades: McGinn, Johnson, Ruhwedal, & a 2nd for a D prospect ready to step in next year. Am expecting a series of 1 off trades.

Expect the biggest trades to be Moe-ray-all selling at least 2 big names - Pacioretti & Markov. Could they go bull goose loony & move PK? Wouldn't put it past them. If they did, hope the Sabres are bidding. Ennis, McCabe, & Buffalo's next 2 1sts - Moe-ray-all loves them some small fast forwards. :lol: ;)

If the Habs move Pacioretty, I'll give them anything short of our 2016 1st, Eich, Sam, Risto, or ROR. 

:P I'm right with you in dreaming about having Hall, though.

I'd love to snag RNH too, but with our center situation we unfortunately don't have room for him. Some team is gonna love having that kid

I don't follow the league as closely as some of you whack-a-doos, so I will keep mine general:

A) GMTM clears out the cupboard, which leads to the media and certain GMs in the league accusing the Sabres of Tank 2.0 (although, we know it's already at 3.0).

B) P.K. Subban is part of a package where Montreal attempts to upgrade their forward ranks.

Edited by SiZzlEmeIsTEr

a) I think the biggest Sabres move is Gorges goes. While I personally think he's more of a #5 type, I think a lot of GMs will look at him as an ideal "playoff style player" to solidify their 2nd pair for a reasonable price. I'd imagine we retain some salary, but I think we get a nice return--either a 1st or a 2nd and second tier prospect.

b) I was going to be boring and go with a Ladd deal, but I'll go up a tier and say Eric Staal (50% retained) ends up in Chicago for Bickell's albatross, a 1st, and Mark McNeill.

And WC, while I appreciate your quest to add Taylor Hall...Wookie wants his trade idea back :nana:

(That said, I wonder if Bogosian could be used as a key part of an Eberle deal this offseason).

A) Buffalo 2nd  to Carolina for Jeff Skinner and a D prospect: Carolina wants him off their books, he's got a concussion history, and isn't scoring like he usually does. But if I'm the Sabres GM, I feel like I can take a risk on the contract (which runs out right about when I've gotta pay Eichel and Reinhardt) in the hopes of finding a scoring winger to sit on Eichel's wing. I might be over reaching, but I don't think by much, maybe a flop of prospects instead.

B) Drouin to WPG for Ladd - IDK if the prices are right, so toss some picks or prospects on there to even it out, but TBL are going to want to make a run for the cup this year with The Stamkos Decision looming, and Ladd can help.

a) I think the biggest Sabres move is Gorges goes. While I personally think he's more of a #5 type, I think a lot of GMs will look at him as an ideal "playoff style player" to solidify their 2nd pair for a reasonable price. I'd imagine we retain some salary, but I think we get a nice return--either a 1st or a 2nd and second tier prospect.

b) I was going to be boring and go with a Ladd deal, but I'll go up a tier and say Eric Staal (50% retained) ends up in Chicago for Bickell's albatross, a 1st, and Mark McNeill.

And WC, while I appreciate your quest to add Taylor Hall...Wookie wants his trade idea back :nana:

(That said, I wonder if Bogosian could be used as a key part of an Eberle deal this offseason).

I like the Staal idea, but I hate it because I want to trade Gorges and McGinn to Chicago

Last I heard Eberle isn't going anywhere because of his chemistry with McDavid. But, let's say we throw in, I don't know, Ullmark in place of that 2nd for Hall. Eh?

And Wookie, how the hell are you not in this thread???

A) Buffalo 2nd  to Carolina for Jeff Skinner and a D prospect: Carolina wants him off their books, he's got a concussion history, and isn't scoring like he usually does. But if I'm the Sabres GM, I feel like I can take a risk on the contract (which runs out right about when I've gotta pay Eichel and Reinhardt) in the hopes of finding a scoring winger to sit on Eichel's wing. I might be over reaching, but I don't think by much, maybe a flop of prospects instead.

B) Drouin to WPG for Ladd - IDK if the prices are right, so toss some picks or prospects on there to even it out, but TBL are going to want to make a run for the cup this year with The Stamkos Decision looming, and Ladd can help.

If we can get Skinner for a 2nd I'd ###### my pants

Awesome reaction gif btw  :lol:  :worthy:

Edited by WildCard

I wouldn't mind Skinner if we can get him for cheap. 

a) McGinn, Franson(50%), and our 3rd to Boston for their lower 1st and EDM's 2nd

b) Ladd to Chicago for a 1st + a mid to high prospect

E.Stall to NYR for a 2nd and a 2017 1st

Drouin to StL for Rattie, a 2016 2nd & a 2017 2nd

Did not see that one coming. I think Staal and the NYR are a great fit, no clue what his actual value is

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.