Grigorenko update

\GoBillsInDallas/

I expect he'll come out playing with his hair on fire to show Buffalo what they gave up.

Grigo playing that hard is about normal so i'm not too worried.  He's also playing matt ellis level mins.  But i imagine they're gonna give him lots more tonight. 

As will 90 and 88. 

Grigo as a shutdown guy? Yeesh.

And that is really damning with faint praise.

his defense has always been solid, and any goals against he rarely is on the ice for colorado.   He once got moved into Tanguay's spot with Mackinon and duchen for half a game.

Had a goal and 2 assists.    The guys he is playing with on the 3rd and 4th line in colorado have the same talent level as john scott tbfh.

his defense has always been solid, and any goals against he rarely is on the ice for colorado.   He once got moved into Tanguay's spot with Mackinon and duchen for half a game.

Had a goal and 2 assists.    The guys he is playing with on the 3rd and 4th line in colorado have the same talent level as john scott tbfh.

Yes he also hasnt been on the ice against scoring lines so you wouldnt expert that either. 

Besides you can't hide behind linemates talent level when it's near universal opinion that he just hasn't been good enough to earn more minutes. You can show that even playing with John Scott. 

Yes he also hasnt been on the ice against scoring lines so you wouldnt expert that either. 

Besides you can't hide behind linemates talent level when it's near universal opinion that he just hasn't been good enough to earn more minutes. You can show that even playing with John Scott. 

Colorado fans who view him each game seem to think otherwise, and how do you know he hasn't been on the ice against scoring lines ? doubt you have seen every colorade game this year.  

Easy to make such statements, but I'll take the opinion of Colorado fans who view him each game.

Colorado fans who view him each game seem to think otherwise, and how do you know he hasn't been on the ice against scoring lines ? doubt you have seen every colorade game this year.  

Easy to make such statements, but I'll take the opinion of Colorado fans who view him each game.

FWIW, if you listen to the fans there, Robin Lenart is the worst Swedish goaltender since Gustav Turdisson (Turdsie to his teammates). The Avs fans are going to have expectations for Grigorenko as part of the package coming back for O'Reilly; expectations he may never be able to live up to.

I have centre ice and have seen many games. And no i don't take the opinions of Avs fans or any team's fans..... and you are showing why. You cannot honestly suggest that a player is playing well when he's been in street clothes for 3 straight games and was barely playing before that. He may turn out just fine down the road, but he's still struggling right now as many young players do. 

Grigo has been avg 7-9 mins a game for a while, and he isnt regularly playing against top lines.  If he was, and he was shutting them down as you suggest, he wouldn't be a healthy scratch and would most certainly be getting more mins. 

FWIW, if you listen to the fans there, Robin Lenart is the worst Swedish goaltender since Gustav Turdisson (Turdsie to his teammates). The Avs fans are going to have expectations for Grigorenko as part of the package coming back for O'Reilly; expectations he may never be able to live up to.

:huh:

Are you referring to Lehner? And if so, why would Cowawado fans have a valid opinion on him? He spent his entire pro career (until this summer) in the Otters organization.

:unsure:

:huh:

Are you referring to Lehner? And if so, why would Cowawado fans have a valid opinion on him? He spent his entire pro career (until this summer) in the Otters organization.

:unsure:

I was (hopefully) pointing out that fans often bring their own baggage to player evaluation so saying something like, "the Avs fans aren't happy with Grigorenko" may not hold as much weight as people think. If you asked around here last year, Weber was terrible (and some still hold to that now), but realistically he's probably average for a 5-6 defender in the NHL and his play shows it this year.

(and yeah, I typo'd Lehner; I'm usually pretty good with getting names right but I haven't had to type his name much :))

The urge to defend Grigo's game, progress, future on this board seems sorta weird.

My feeling is that he was screwed over a bit when he was rushed into the NHL because Hodgson was the only other center on the roster, so I'd like to see him do well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.