Frivoulous lawsuit (Sabres related)

\GoBillsInDallas/

The title should be "spoiled sorority girl concocts frivolous money grab attempt"

She had 53 appointments in ten years relating to the injury. The reason it went 10 years is because her parents didn't want to pursue the lawsuit. Personally, if I had to have countless surgeries for something that I deemed irresponsibility by the kid (she tried to sue his family) and lack of oversight by the adults in charge, I would sure as hell sue. You're underselling the amount that plays a role in that person's life and how it has shaped their life. I'm against frivolous lawsuits as much as the next person, but she views it differently and it's clear that the incident has negatively affected her. 

I'm pretty sure just about every state in the union has good Samaritan laws protecting those who help in emergency situations.

Take it for what it's worth, but every time I have sat in on medical training or given it myself while in the army, we were always told to never attempt to perform any of our training on a civilian out of fear for being sued. 

Edited by IrwinNelson

She had 53 appointments in ten years relating to the injury. The reason it went 10 years is because her parents didn't want to pursue the lawsuit. Personally, if I had to have countless surgeries for something that I deemed irresponsibility by the kid (she tried to sue his family) and lack of oversight by the adults in charge, I would sure as hell sue. You're underselling the amount that plays a role in that person's life and how it has shaped their life. I'm against frivolous lawsuits as much as the next person, but she views it differently and it's clear that the incident has negatively affected her. 

Re-read.

Re-read.

Just did and see my error. 

For the clarification of others/those who didn't read the article, she didn't want to sue while attending the same school out of fear of embarrassment/uncomfortable feelings around the Ledyard's friends, and also that her parents were not encouraging her to sue. Her parents didn't play a role in the delay. 

Just did and see my error. 

For the clarification of others/those who didn't read the article, she didn't want to sue while attending the same school out of fear of embarrassment/uncomfortable feelings around the Ledyard's friends, and also that her parents were not encouraging her to sue. Her parents didn't play a role in the delay. 

That is precisely why we have the statute of limitation situation that we do.  Good catch.

53 appointments is a lot, guess its a bit more understandable.   Still don't think she could get much more then medical expenses paid over here.

And only by the family of the kid who knocked her tooth out, usually the insurance company would just pay for that over here.

We're a little y over here though.  Everyone can sue everyone for the smallest slight.

(No, this doesn't help me.  It's not what I do.)

Go Samaritan laws protect you... that being said I witnessed one but guy was already dead of a heart attack, no blood, which caused accident, helped wife and kid who he pulled out in front of when foot accidently step on the gas during heart attack..

Yes to a degree, it's not absolute immunity though. 

I agree with your second paragraph. There is no way J. Drury could have or should have dismissed the case.

I just don't think it is newsworthy.

True, and even if it was close, Drury wouldn't dismiss a P's PI case. Need to have a real slam dunk for Def to win on SJ in his room.  

So now you want to blame David Legwand for all of this?  The limits of your witch hunt truly show no bounds.

If Ledyard would have kept his leg long wand where it belongs, non of this would have happened.  

Get the pitch forks and the torches!

We get  a two for one deal!

Time to burn the Ledyards and Legwands! :devil:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.