When will DD realize Kane&Eichel == 0

WildCard

Would you mind pointing out who is who so I don't feel like such a dirtball?

3 and 90

Second from left and far right.

The Girlfriend and Mrs. ROR respectively.

The one with the C on the sweater is the only one a person your age should be looking at chest level to determine sweater numbers. Being the gentlemen you are, you where polite enough to ask. Very good of you sir.

You want a shutdown line, an offensive line you can trust in your own zone and another offensive line with shielded minutes?

girgensons, Larsson, Gionta

ROR, Reinhart, Kane

Eichel Moulson Ennis

And some of them are surely older than my teenage girls but I'm not sure I can see the difference.

Foligno for scoring? You know we have Marcus, not Nick, right? :p

There was a brief moment a few years ago when Marcus broke in and Nick was like 4th line in Ottawa... But yeah I was thinking he's just support, maintain possession down low and feed eichel for snipe /drive to net. Also big body to protect /address scuffles as needed.

You don't see her much then :P

I don't :( .  She's a good Buffalo girl and Sabres/Bills fan.  Skype and Texting help a lot though.

You want a shutdown line, an offensive line you can trust in your own zone and another offensive line with shielded minutes?

girgensons, Larsson, Gionta

ROR, Reinhart, Kane

Eichel Moulson Ennis

And some of them are surely older than my teenage girls but I'm not sure I can see the difference.

Kane - ROR - Reinhart needs to happen... that's a lot of puck retrieval and mad passing skillz.

As for Eichel, I wouldn't mind seeing something like Foligno/Deslauriers - Eichel - Moulson/Ennis.  I want Eich to be the main driver of the line with some physical support as needed.

Speaking of physical support and sorry about stuffing this here, Rasmus Ristolainen has been a man on a mission the last month.  He is mean in his own end.  Every time someone bumps Ullmark he gets this 'hulk smash' look.

Edited by LGR4GM

Moving Zemgus to a line with Eichel defeats the purpose of using Zemgus to spell ROR of defensive responsibilities.  Z and Gionta on the 3rd line.  Kane with ROR.  Eichel with Moulson.  Move the rest of the parts wherever you see fit.

And move McGinn up even to the 1st line with ROR and kane!

Wasn't McGinn ROR's linemate in Col.?

In my opinion, Kaner should be played with the best passing center on the team.

Agreed in theory. With our team though, that is (or at least is going to be) Jack. So while he will be our most talented passer of the puck, he also prefers to carry the puck, much like Evander. So they may not be the best fit. I'm not ruling the pairing out entirely, but...

Sam Reinhart is also a great passer and has amazing vision. And he's not a guy that always wants to be carrying the puck, like Eichel. So, I happen to think Reinhart and Kane will be a very, very well suited match at some point in the near future.

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.