The politics of terrorism

Hoss

Your insistance of treating generations of different people as one entity is annoying. Treating the region better and helping them develop and educate the next generation if their own people is not he same as giving ISIS free rides to Harvard.

I'm sorry I'm annoying to you. It's annoying to me that some people just can't get the hint. How am I treating generations of different people as one entity?

We've been the "strong horse" for quite awhile now.  It's not working.  We need a different approach.

We haven't been jack sh!t. The people of this country have been Rick-Rolled since Vietnam, with the exception of the first Iraq war where we ended it almost perfectly. If it weren't for the media making a sob story out of the "Highway of Death" we could have completely beat down Saddam Hussein and changed history. As it was, even over a decade later they were in no condition to wage any war when we rolled back in.

When the military has a rules-of-engagement manual as thick as a telephone book, you're not the "strong horse", you're the fool.

Edited by SiZzlEmeIsTEr

You have in America! Have you visited Washington, DC, lately? Do you have a cell phone? Have you tried to bring a purse into a hockey game?

I know, and I'm very angry about it. The extensions of the NSA, the continued criminalization of whistleblowers are what makes me hate the Obama administration. The Patriot Act and Bush in general makes me hate Bush, and Glass Stegall makeshift hate Clinton.

Sorry, side rant. I think we're on the same page?

I don't think this is what Neo was asking.  He was asking -- I think -- whether you'd prefer to swallow regular terrorist atrocities, both here and in Europe, as the price for not deploying, say, 75,000 US troops in the ME.

Bingo ....

I know, and I'm very angry about it. The extensions of the NSA, the continued criminalization of whistleblowers are what makes me hate the Obama administration. The Patriot Act and Bush in general makes me hate Bush, and Glass Stegall makeshift hate Clinton.

Double bingo

I'm sorry I'm annoying to you. It's annoying to me that some people just can't get the hint. How am I treating generations of different people as one entity?

Hahah JJ come on. Some people can't get a hint? East spelled it out that we should treat the people, not the terrorists, better, and your response was "why should we help people that kill us"

This isn't what d4rk was saying. The idealogical constructs from slavery have persisted, and still exist in this country today. We're not close to slavery, but we're not very close to equality either.

You have been conned if you believe that. How much more can a race represent than as a resident of the White House...for two terms? And one of the popular potential replacements is a black dude. WTF. No one is holding back black people in this country except for black people and those they chose to lead them.

Hahah JJ come on. Some people can't get a hint? East spelled it out that we should treat the people, not the terrorists, better, and your response was "why should we help people that kill us"

And who kill us? The people or the terrorists? You're both putting words in my mouth..................

Edited by JJFIVEOH

You have been conned if you believe that. How much more can a race represent than as a resident of the White House...for two terms? And one of the popular potential replacements is a black dude. WTF. No one is holding back black people in this country except for black people and those they chose to lead them.

I don't think you and I could possibly be further apart. This is a discussion for another day in the politics thread.

Eh. I don't think racism is nearly as prevelant as some are suggesting, at least whites racist to blacks, but blacks are disadvantaged off the bat given years of continually poor socioeconomic beginnings directly attributed to slavery. Can you break out if that cycle? Of course. But the odds of me goin to college and a black 22 year old from New Orleans are drastically different. The odds of a black 22 year old goin to college that I grew up with? Very high. Then again, there are a few of them, and millions stuck in perpetual poverty.

I don't think you and I could possibly be further apart. This is a discussion for another day in the politics thread.

I don't go in that time-sink very much at all. Our discussion will end here on the matter. If what I said doesn't appeal to you, then we are among the schism'd and are contributing to the downfall of our country.

Edited by SiZzlEmeIsTEr

Eh. I don't think racism is nearly as prevelant as some are suggesting, at least whites racist to blacks, but blacks are disadvantaged off the bat given years of continually poor socioeconomic beginnings directly attributed to slavery. Can you break out if that cycle? Of course. But the odds of me goin to college and a black 22 year old from New Orleans are drastically different. The odds of a black 22 year old goin to college that I grew up with? Very high. Then again, there are a few of them, and millions stuck in perpetual poverty.

There is nothing more stopping a black family from getting out of the ghetto than what is stopping a white family from getting out of the ghetto. The only difference is the race-hustlers playing the black folk, and all the black folk have to do is ignore the race-husters. In fact, a black family has access to more tools to elevate their situation than does a white family. And God bless 'em, we owe that to 'em.

And who kill us? The people or the terrorists? You're both putting words in my mouth..................

You don't want to develop better relations and a better foundation in the middle east for people who aren't terrorists, which is how you ensure they don't become terrorists, yet you don't want to do that because you believe they will one day become terrorists?

There is nothing more stopping a black family from getting out of the ghetto than what is stopping a white family from getting out of the ghetto. The only difference is the race-hustlers playing the black folk, and all the black folk have to do is ignore the race-husters. In fact, a black family has access to more tools to elevate their situation than does a white family. And God bless 'em, we owe that to 'em.

I don't disagree with you at all honestly. The point is, there are just tons of more black families in poorer communities and situations, and that isn't some coincidence. Wealth perpetuates wealth

Cheers to that

You don't want to develop better relations and a better foundation in the middle east for people who aren't terrorists, which is how you ensure they don't become terrorists, yet you don't want to do that because you believe they will one day become terrorists?

How you would characterize our relationship with the Japanese and Germans today?

What is it you want me to say? I'm not playing this game of semantics...........

I posted it above. You called out East, and he provided an explanation, you then, IMO, said everyone over there is/will become a terrorist, so we should not help them for a long term solution 

I never said that, I specifically differentiated between terrorists and non-terrorists, two or three times............. it's right there in the quote you posted.

How you would characterize our relationship with the Japanese and Germans today?

Very good. I'm in favor of going over there, doing it once, and doing it right. What I don't want, is us to be the only country over there, and I want to believe that the motivations for military action are justified and not just utilized ulterior motives

I posted it above. You called out East, and he provided an explanation, you then, IMO, said everyone over there is/will become a terrorist, so we should not help them for a long term solution 

Well, if you're going to continue to tell me what I'm thinking, it doesn't make much sense for me to continue.

Did we really need to bring racism against blacks into this?

It's an important tangent, not so much for the content, but as an illustration of how we will tear ourselves apart. All any opposing force has to do is keep the argument going. It's like a Polish family on Thanksgiving day.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.