What happens when Robin Lehner comes back?

PromoTheRobot

His control and reflexes seem to be improving. He isn't on the ice sprawling as much anymore.

Lehner should get a fair shake when he returns.  Whichever GT is the best plays.

I agree we let Lehner get a fair shake, but Linus looks like he's our franchise goalie barring some insane circumstance going forward

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/insider-trading-johansen-on-the-move~756907

Robin Lehner suffered a setback and will be out closer to the 10 week mark than 6. He'll be back in mid-to-late December.

We can blame Tim Murray for this mess.   He scouts all these guys.    The fact that he felt the need to trade a 1st rnd pick for Lehner while Ullmark is waiting in the wings, tells me he has no eye for goaltenders.     How he could he not see the potential in Ullmark?    Sure he's coming off an injury and has never played an NHL game, but it would've been nice to still have the 1st round pick to fill another spot and go out and get a cheaper veteran guy to play net for a season or two at worst.

Ullmark is playing well, but he's too scrambly and floppy.    That's just part of being a young goaltender, he needs to be playing a ton and he can do that in Roch while he fine tunes his game.    It's just a matter of time before he lays an egg at the NHL level and you don't need to crush his confidence while he's young.    

Duh, sounds like Hasek.

We can blame Tim Murray for this mess.   He scouts all these guys.    The fact that he felt the need to trade a 1st rnd pick for Lehner while Ullmark is waiting in the wings, tells me he has no eye for goaltenders.     How he could he not see the potential in Ullmark?    Sure he's coming off an injury and has never played an NHL game, but it would've been nice to still have the 1st round pick to fill another spot and go out and get a cheaper veteran guy to play net for a season or two at worst.

He has admitted as much, saying that he has the most trouble projecting GTs.  

Still feelin that bro? Lehner is my choice just so there's no confusion. I'm all in for Ullmark making it also though and if he manages to surpass Lehner so be it. In fact I have spouted that Ullmark should start every two games to Johnsons one in the interim while Lehner is gone. I'm a little queasy on that after realizing what happened again tonight. Cant have that kind of stat line for the second time in five or six games? And be thought of as the answer. Time to pour some cold water on all that and there's nothing wrong with that given he's way ahead of schedule. Wrong thread but when Lehner gets back the best thing for him may very well be Roch. There's nothing wrong with that.

Still feelin that bro? Lehner is my choice just so there's no confusion. I'm all in for Ullmark making it also though and if he manages to surpass Lehner so be it. In fact I have spouted that Ullmark should start every two games to Johnsons one in the interim while Lehner is gone. I'm a little queasy on that after realizing what happened again tonight. Cant have that kind of stat line for the second time in five or six games? And be thought of as the answer. Time to pour some cold water on all that and there's nothing wrong with that given he's way ahead of schedule. Wrong thread but when Lehner gets back the best thing for him may very well be Roch. There's nothing wrong with that.

It won't be an equal test.

When Lehner comes back we will have played the longest hardest stretch of games of the season, and be in the midst of an *easy stretch* (I say this mockingly as we are basement dwellers). If Lehner comes in and looks good, mey. He wasn't there when we needed him against top tier teams for an extended period of time, and that's the reason you trade a 21st overall for a goalie.

I would trade Johnson + to Toronto to try and get Bernier from them. Reimer looks like he will be their guy and Vernier is out. They want picks/prospects so give them Johnson to back up Reimer now and let Bernier and Lehner battle for the top spot letting Ullmark play in Rochester. You can never have too many good goaltenders in the system

I would have said trade Lehner or Johnson but you know TM won't trade away his boy so quickly....

Edited by apuszczalowski

I'd like Lehner to come back and become the main 'starter'.  If he lasts through the end of the year without injuries, I think he'll get batter as the season goes on.

I'd also like to see Ullmark go back to Rochester and see 50-60% of the starts there.

Next year, Chad Johnson will likely move on, and then you make a decision of which of the 'younger' guys from Rochester you want as your primary backup to Lehner for the next 1-2 seasons....WITH that backup getting a legit 30 starts, and Lehner getting 50 or so...unless Lehner turns into a star.

I'd like Lehner to come back and become the main 'starter'.  If he lasts through the end of the year without injuries, I think he'll get batter as the season goes on.

I'd also like to see Ullmark go back to Rochester and see 50-60% of the starts there.

Next year, Chad Johnson will likely move on, and then you make a decision of which of the 'younger' guys from Rochester you want as your primary backup to Lehner for the next 1-2 seasons....WITH that backup getting a legit 30 starts, and Lehner getting 50 or so...unless Lehner turns into a star.

That sounds like that was going to be this years plan. Then Lehner got hurt and Johnson can't hack full time duty.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.