NHL Gamecenter live

NNYSABRESMAN

A subscriber posted this on the support forum regarding Roku devices. If true, there are going to be some pissed off people, including me because this worked in pre-season and it was also functional the last several years prior. This is a real issue for those who can't get home in time, or simply want to rewind the game back a minute to see a play over again. 

Per the issue of not being able to start a game in progress from the beginning, I just received this message from NHL.tv email support: [/size]"Unfortunately there is not the option to "start from beginning" on a ROKU device. There is the option of watching the game after 24 hours if you missed the game or 48 hours if the game was blacked out."[/size]

There was last year. That is disturbing because when I get home later I like to watch from the start. This sux actually.

A subscriber posted this on the support forum regarding Roku devices. If true, there are going to be some pissed off people, including me because this worked in pre-season and it was also functional the last several years prior. This is a real issue for those who can't get home in time, or simply want to rewind the game back a minute to see a play over again. 

Per the issue of not being able to start a game in progress from the beginning, I just received this message from NHL.tv email support: 

"Unfortunately there is not the option to "start from beginning" on a ROKU device. There is the option of watching the game after 24 hours if you missed the game or 48 hours if the game was blacked out."

Geez, how stupid... I know you could do this last year. If this is how it's going to be for them going forward, it only re-affirms my decision to cancel the service. I would totally come home from work and start watching the game from the beginning about two hours in, but to wait until the next night? The urgency is gone, and the outcome is already known. Total crap move.

I have talked on twitter to the NHL.tv support for 2 nights now as the google chromecast stream doesnt work anymore. It did work on day one of the season but doesn't anymore... They said they are working on an update but dunno when the problem will be fixed? anyone else stream from the smartphone via google chromecast to the TV?

Geez, how stupid... I know you could do this last year. If this is how it's going to be for them going forward, it only re-affirms my decision to cancel the service. I would totally come home from work and start watching the game from the beginning about two hours in, but to wait until the next night? The urgency is gone, and the outcome is already known. Total crap move.

I'm going to keep pressing for an answer on that thread I linked. Support has been pretty decent responding to threads (albeit skirting the actual issue) but for some reason they're avoiding that thread.

I'm happy with the picture quality compared to the old GameCenter, it's almost comparable to regular TV. But if we're going to lose all the functionality of the old GameCenter.........

I'm going to keep pressing for an answer on that thread I linked. Support has been pretty decent responding to threads (albeit skirting the actual issue) but for some reason they're avoiding that thread.

I'm happy with the picture quality compared to the old GameCenter, it's almost comparable to regular TV. But if we're going to lose all the functionality of the old GameCenter.........

That link doesn't work for me for some reason (blank page that never loads)... maybe you have to be logged in to use the forums?  Either way, keep us posted if you hear anything!

That link doesn't work for me for some reason (blank page that never loads)... maybe you have to be logged in to use the forums?  Either way, keep us posted if you hear anything!

Try this and go to support forum. It's the thread labeled "Just told by NHL.........................." It looks like they might be looking into it. 

https://www.nhl.com/info/nhltv-support

Mac tower to TV via HDMI.

Also Mac laptop.

Ah OK. It works fine on my PC, I can rewind and start from the beginning. Just not the Roku. 

Try this and go to support forum. It's the thread labeled "Just told by NHL.........................." It looks like they might be looking into it. 

https://www.nhl.com/info/nhltv-support

Looks like subscribers only -- got this message:

To access the support page, you must have an active NHL.TV subscription. Please verify your login information and try again. To purchase, click here

Looks like subscribers only -- got this message:

To access the support page, you must have an active NHL.TV subscription. Please verify your login information and try again. To purchase, click here

Are you phishing for one of us to give you our log in to see the thread.

Pretty sneaky, sis.

Are you phishing for one of us to give you our log in to see the thread.

Pretty sneaky, sis.

lol not at all; I have a login since I was a subscriber last year. Just figured I'd point out that the support forum is not open-access, which is unfortunate.

Oh, thought you were a subscriber. 

I was last season, but I cancelled before the renewal this year because I didn't watch it enough to justify the expense.  Too hard to keep up with the time difference, especially if we can't start from the beginning while the game is in progress.  I may re-subscribe late in the season if the Sabres make a playoff push, though.

If they say anything meaningful, I'll post it. 

Thanks!

I've had no issues or loss of functionality, although, I haven't yet watched it on AppleTV yet. I'll give that a shot tonight.

Apple TV still working fine. Still lets you start from beginning, everything looks alright.

the NHL iOS app is also same as it ever was, though it has never had an option to watch anything other than live or archived.

I have a Roku3 and I haven't had an issue with it. Picture is better than ever and I did start a game late and was able to start from the beginning but it was one of the preseason games. So far no waiting to load issues either. Watched some of the Islander-Ducks game before the Sabre game started, no issues there either.

In fact I was surprised NHLTV had the game at all because it was also on NHL Network which usually then kills the live version. I could only take so much of Michael Jackson (the look-alike) before I switched over to the MSG game.

I have talked on twitter to the NHL.tv support for 2 nights now as the google chromecast stream doesnt work anymore. It did work on day one of the season but doesn't anymore... They said they are working on an update but dunno when the problem will be fixed? anyone else stream from the smartphone via google chromecast to the TV?

It worked for me last night, NHL.tv app on my Android phone to my Chromecast enabled TV.

I have to play more with it, but I noticed that even playing an archive game via phone to Chromecast, I couldn't fast forward or rewind, just pause. That's stupid given they no longer remove pre-game, intermission, or commercials from the videos. I hope some day they'll get back to the level of functionality before MLBAM.

Note: last I checked, PS3 can start live games from the beginning. I'll try tonight if I get a chance and report if that's broken now too.

My PS4 and computer both allow me to start games from the beginning 

We might need to put together a chart with all the combos. PS3 can start games from the beginning, and rewind,  but (last I checked) it took hours for the replay archive to be available so the second the game was over starting wasn't possible until the next day. Android can only do live, but the replay is available shortly after the game ends. Crazy.

It worked for me last night, NHL.tv app on my Android phone to my Chromecast enabled TV.

I have to play more with it, but I noticed that even playing an archive game via phone to Chromecast, I couldn't fast forward or rewind, just pause. That's stupid given they no longer remove pre-game, intermission, or commercials from the videos. I hope some day they'll get back to the level of functionality before MLBAM.

Note: last I checked, PS3 can start live games from the beginning. I'll try tonight if I get a chance and report if that's broken now too.

You are living in the US?

Currently I am afraid that they messed up black out restrictions and blacked out Europe :-D

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.