Windows 10

JJFIVEOH

Poo -- got my notification today that my upgrade was ready and that after a quick check I could schedule the install for later.  After the check, my only install options are today, tomorrow, or the day after (D'OH).  Anyone know if there's a way to put that off further?  Was planning on waiting until the next version / release in October.

Poo -- got my notification today that my upgrade was ready and that after a quick check I could schedule the install for later.  After the check, my only install options are today, tomorrow, or the day after (D'OH).  Anyone know if there's a way to put that off further?  Was planning on waiting until the next version / release in October.

You can update to Windows 10 anytime that you want. Just download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install Download the tool and run it. It will give you to option to upgrade now or create a usb key or dvd to update later. Just select upgrade now and let it do it's thing. This also works on computers that haven't gotten the Windows 10 notification yet. Have upgraded to Windows 10 on several computers so far. 

This is a good solution for those with installations stuck too.

Edited by Fuzzy Dunlop

You can update to Windows 10 anytime that you want. Just download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install Download the tool and run it. It will give you to option to upgrade now or create a usb key or dvd to update later. Just select upgrade now and let it do it's thing. This also works on computers that haven't gotten the Windows 10 notification yet. Have upgraded to Windows 10 on several computers so far. 

This is a good solution for those with installations stuck too.

I should have been a little clearer; I know I have up to a year to claim my free upgrade and there are other ways to do it, but I'm trying to figure out how to delay the one I unintentionally set in motion since there is no "cancel" option from the screen pictured.  I wouldn't have clicked through to start this if I'd realized the options for scheduling at a later date only meant the next 2 days (d'oh) and don't want to do it until Oct/Nov.

post-1683-0-03549300-1440348985_thumb.jpg

I should have been a little clearer; I know I have up to a year to claim my free upgrade and there are other ways to do it, but I'm trying to figure out how to delay the one I unintentionally set in motion since there is no "cancel" option from the screen pictured.  I wouldn't have clicked through to start this if I'd realized the options for scheduling at a later date only meant the next 2 days (d'oh) and don't want to do it until Oct/Nov.

It doesn't look like it's started anything. Just reboot and it should go away for now.

Skipped signing into a MS account initial setup. Win! :)

Yeah, still check your privacy settings though, plan on looking mine up tomorrow, have to say that the download went pretty smooth.

Took about an hour or so.  Only issue was that it deleted some of my other programs like speccy :p

It doesn't look like it's started anything. Just reboot and it should go away for now.

Yeah, that's all I found online, either.  I'm just hoping it's not like other Windows Update notifications where you can delay by 10 min. a few times before they force the update, like it or not.

Go to control panel and uninstall programs. From there click on 'view installed updates' and look for KB3035583. Uninstall that, it's the notification for Windows 10. You won't get bothered any more, if you want to install Windows 10 later on, just go back and reinstall KB3035583.

Yeah, that's all I found online, either.  I'm just hoping it's not like other Windows Update notifications where you can delay by 10 min. a few times before they force the update, like it or not.

I pushed mine back a few extra days. Once it is an hour before the scheduled install time a notification will pop up which will let you delay it by another 2 days. I did this twice before I decided to install and update. 

I installed it and had initial issues but had an update and thought everything was cool. I like it much better than 8 and the edge browser seems pretty slick actually. Until now. It wont remember user name and passwords and wont let me log in. If I enter my log in info it doesn't advance to the next screen. It just stays on the log in screen as if I never hit enter.

Frustrating but I like 10 so I hope this October update I've read about fixes any issues.

I installed it and had initial issues but had an update and thought everything was cool. I like it much better than 8 and the edge browser seems pretty slick actually. Until now. It wont remember user name and passwords and wont let me log in. If I enter my log in info it doesn't advance to the next screen. It just stays on the log in screen as if I never hit enter.

Frustrating but I like 10 so I hope this October update I've read about fixes any issues.

Yeah pretty much same for me, looked good at start, but now im getting these system errors that make my computer restart while they collect error data :P

Well only one time a day I can live with i guess.

Edited by Huckleberry

Yeah pretty much same for me, looked good at start, but now im getting these system errors that make my computer restart while they collect error data :P

Well only one time a day I can live with i guess.

Got mine squared away. I had cookies blocked on everything instead of just third party. Fixed my issue. I think Win 10 holds great promise after having lived with 8, 8.1 I think 10 is going to be the best they have done. I hope. :-)

Got mine squared away. I had cookies blocked on everything instead of just third party. Fixed my issue. I think Win 10 holds great promise after having lived with 8, 8.1 I think 10 is going to be the best they have done. I hope. :-)

I was happy with windows 7, but 10 seems an improvement on alot of things.  Certainly sound and gameplay :D

I took the plunge. I'm underwhelmed.... it's not really that different, just some of the graphics are a little tabletty. This is a desktop without touch sensing, so I think it just goes with the older Windows theme.

It's been a helluva month though.... my work computer got Office2013, I switched from a WinPhone to an Android phone, and my home computer upgraded from Win7 to Win10. My whole world's been updated. I know the first day or two are the worst, then I'll kind of forget there was even a change and move on.

I've never been a fan of doing OS upgrades. I prefer a clean install. 

Same here.  But whether I want to or not, I think Win10 is coming.  I figured it'd be best to get it while it's free (I think I read MS will start charging for the upgrade at some point).  Also, I've noticed that some things on my Win7 computer weren't quite right anymore (for instance, Internet Explorer stopped working).

Same here.  But whether I want to or not, I think Win10 is coming.  I figured it'd be best to get it while it's free (I think I read MS will start charging for the upgrade at some point).  Also, I've noticed that some things on my Win7 computer weren't quite right anymore (for instance, Internet Explorer stopped working).

Internet explorer stopped working, but i mostly use chrome or opera anyways.   Firefox is more of  a problem with windows 10 upgrade though.

Microsoft already stated they want to stop support internet explorer.

The bolded part is what made me upgrade it now as well.  This free upgrade is a trial and error thing.  Basically you are clearing out all the bugs and once that is done come november the latest,

The 50% of the people who haven't done it will have to pay for it.

There's a way to do a clean install if you're ever up for it. One of these days I'll do it again and stick with it this time.

I'm just trying to figure out when Internet Explorer started working. :lol:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.