Sabres Discussing Bringing More Amerks Games to Buffalo

Brawndo

Sounds like it's a threat to get renovations done to Blue Cross Arena. The Sabres have a large following in Rochester and a majority of Amerks have remained true to the team, even when they were not affiliated with the Sabres. This would be a huge slap in the face to them

I wouldn't renew my season seats. Why pay more for less? IMO the city can't manage this venue. The building could use some work and the city can't provide for that. Maybe TP is in the market for a gently used AHL arena in the Rochester area. This one looks available.

With the rich Calder history here, could there ever be a Buffalo Americans?

Would be great if the city sold to Pegula. Let them try to run it for profit, if not, TP just shrugs it off, what's a $5 million dollar annual subsidy (or whatever the # is) for the wife's home town. Worth it.

How would the war memorial be handled in a sale? Does that make the city(Lovely) look like an ass if they can't maintain a memorial?! FWIW I'd love for the Pegulas to own the space.

@RSandersonWHTK: @DaveInRoch @wolfeshc @CriminallyVu1ga @2ITB_Buffalo @Mechaphil city owns, SMG operates. BUF apparently wants to O&O, but no deal yet

This tidbit from Rob Sanderson, the Pegulas may want to purchase and operate BCA. Interesting.

Late to the party. This is horrible. I get it when it's some sort of labor trouble year. But the Amerks belong with their fans in Roch.

It's been a rough couple of decades. We thought there was light the end of the tunnel but now it may just be an amtrak barreling toward us.

I don't really get this. It seems to be a slight at Blue Cross Blue Shield. I'm not too familiar with the arena, but I can't imagine it's bad enough to risk pissing off the Rochester fan base.

IMO, it's a negotiation ploy.  Don't give us what we want and we will move games.  Worse case for the Amerks is that BLFO moves the team to the HarborCenter and we get the Bisons back.

It's all negotiations. 

IMO, it's a negotiation ploy.  Don't give us what we want and we will move games.  Worse case for the Amerks is that BLFO moves the team to the HarborCenter and we get the Bisons back.

It's all negotiations. 

I don't think there is any way that an AHL franchise can be viable in an 1800 seat rink.

How would the war memorial be handled in a sale? Does that make the city(Lovely) look like an ass if they can't maintain a memorial?! FWIW I'd love for the Pegulas to own the space.

Makes her look smart to me since currently taxpayers are subsidizing it (like most pro sports venues I suppose).   City/govt should not be in the entertainment business, dumb for them to own in the first place. 

Makes her look smart to me since currently taxpayers are subsidizing it (like most pro sports venues I suppose). City/govt should not be in the entertainment business, dumb for them to own in the first place.

I've never liked the city owning the arena itself. It would seem odd for the actual memorial being privately owned though. Rebuild the memorial part somewhere else? It should really be in open space where any one can visit at any time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.