2015 IIHF Championship Prague May 1-17

Brawndo

The first shift I see when I turn it on and Eichel is flying.!: flew through the defense and then showed patience to wait out sliding defenseman to get himself a good shot... Then he flew up the ice and fired a nice shot that popped out a juicy rebound that should've been put in for an assist.

looks like Jack is playing some RW

he's floating a little out on the right side, needs to be more engaged. 

Agreed. He looks very good when he has the puck, I've seen some creative passes under pressure, great shots and shot selections, but when he doesn't have the puck he floats and doesn't seem to either know where to go or has to get there faster

The first shift I see when I turn it on and Eichel is flying.!: flew through the defense and then showed patience to wait out sliding defenseman to get himself a good shot... Then he flew up the ice and fired a nice shot that popped out a juicy rebound that should've been put in for an assist.

Definitely an impressive sequence by him

looks like Jack is playing some RW

he's floating a little out on the right side, needs to be more engaged. 

I think that is to be expected of a natural center, unfamiliar/rusty with the position and new players' tendencies. I cant watch but would be looking for his ability to hold the puck against faster, stronger competition.  

I think that is to be expected of a natural center, unfamiliar/rusty with the position and new players' tendencies. I cant watch but would be looking for his ability to hold the puck against faster, stronger competition.  

It's not an easy transition to wing, especially with only four games of practice, and especially when you've been playing center your whole life.

I play defense on one ice hockey team and I used to on my upper-level team but they added all these guys who play D and I'm a taller guy and good along the boards so I have been playing wing for a while. It's a transisition. I actually am not a huge fan - it's boring to just cover the D in the defensive zone - and it's definitely not the same as playing center.

I think he looked great, especially for his first game playing with and against mostly professionals. 

I wonder who is going to be the first person to call him a bust when he's not popping in a goal a game in his first 20 next year.

I think he looked great, especially for his first game playing with and against mostly professionals. 

I wonder who is going to be the first person to call him a bust when he's not popping in a goal a game in his first 20 next year.

After what I've seen this year and today, I would be very surprised if it took more than 3games to get his first goal.

The good news is I didn't notice Eichel getting out muscled by defenders in the corner and I didn't notice him panic. When he wants to get moving, he goes from 0 to Roadrunner in about a second.  Very powerful and not afraid of contact. 

I wish they would figure out a way to air the Prospects Tournament. I'm not saying it will be on national TV, but if there was a reliable stream from the Red Wings or the league or whatever. I'd love to watch it but I'm not sure I can get to Michigan.

I did enjoy attending the three-on-three Sabres prospects tournament in the Arena. It's definitely worth going to if you're in the area and can get out of work - or work anywhere there is internet like me. I'd love to see Eichel and Reinhart and the rest and see if they start developing chemistry with other future players.

I wish they would figure out a way to air the Prospects Tournament. I'm not saying it will be on national TV, but if there was a reliable stream from the Red Wings or the league or whatever. I'd love to watch it but I'm not sure I can get to Michigan.

I did enjoy attending the three-on-three Sabres prospects tournament in the Arena. It's definitely worth going to if you're in the area and can get out of work - or work anywhere there is internet like me. I'd love to see Eichel and Reinhart and the rest and see if they start developing chemistry with other future players.

We won't be there this year so it wouldn't give us any insight into our guys.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.