What is a Monday without a conspiracy theory?

Swedesessed

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/11869462/edmonton-oilers-sue-erie-otters-owner-45m

Sorry if this was posted already but...

Was Connor McDavid an out of court settlement???

:o  :o

Playing devil's advocate, why would the NHL listen to an OHL team for a court settlement? I'm pretty sure that if the owner of the Otters walked up to Bettman or whomever they would have to talk to and asked them to give Edm McDavid, they would be laughed out of the building.

My understanding is that the Otters pay for the Erie Insurance Arena, everything else (the basket ball and arena football team) are gravy. No future owner will pay that lease, bankruptcy is the only way to renegotiate the lease, all rumor, all from local gin mills. You want to buy me a drink I will listen ...... it's a win, win!

Man - that vague Ghost of Dwight Drane thread just got erased, huh?

I have no idea what people are questioning in that lottery. The draw was fine. The only way to rig it is to make the balls you don't want drawn, slightly bigger because the force of the air underneath is so strong that the suction won't plug the tube with the big ball because it will get smacked out of the way and the smaller ones get to go. They should let the teams inspect the balls if people are really scared of a rig.

All post positions and claims in horseracing are decided by a lottery style draw with Dungens and Dragons type dice thrown in a yahtzee flask with a neck. It would probably save the NHL 10K a year.

I have no idea what people are questioning in that lottery. The draw was fine. The only way to rig it is to make the balls you don't want drawn, slightly bigger because the force of the air underneath is so strong that the suction won't plug the tube with the big ball because it will get smacked out of the way and the smaller ones get to go. They should let the teams inspect the balls if people are really scared of a rig.

All post positions and claims in horseracing are decided by a lottery style draw with Dungens and Dragons type dice thrown in a yahtzee flask with a neck. It would probably save the NHL 10K a year.

My personal favorite was the whole thing about two balls coming up at one point and they both should have counted.  They then assume that the rest of the draw would have happened the same exact way they did, resulting in a Buffalo win.  You don't think that maybe, just maybe, one less ball in the hopper would have had some sort effect on the rest of the draw?

My personal favorite was the whole thing about two balls coming up at one point and they both should have counted.  They then assume that the rest of the draw would have happened the same exact way they did, resulting in a Buffalo win.  You don't think that maybe, just maybe, one less ball in the hopper would have had some sort effect on the rest of the draw?

I was looking for shady activity. The worst thing I saw was the overuse of hairspray on a 50's part that the guy drawing the numbers had. At least Ted Black uses gel.....

I loved that when I saw it.  I was disappointed that more people here didn't bite.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.