Johan Larsson

bob_sauve28

I asked this in another thread but I wanted to bring it up here. Ted Nolan said this the other day: "“Just watching him in practice, you have a sense of what he can do, what he’s capable of doing,” Nolan said. “When he’s moving his feet and he’s engaged, he’s pretty effective. Just like a big guy, when you don’t move your feet you look slow. When you’re a small guy, you don’t move your feet, you look slow, too.http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/03/10/larsson-playing-a-larger-role-in-third-stint-with-sabres/ 

To me that indicates that Ted Nolan views Johan Larsson as a small player and I am wondering how other people around here view the matter.  I ask because to me he seems to be about average for an NHL guy. 

I asked this in another thread but I wanted to bring it up here. Ted Nolan said this the other day: "“Just watching him in practice, you have a sense of what he can do, what he’s capable of doing,” Nolan said. “When he’s moving his feet and he’s engaged, he’s pretty effective. Just like a big guy, when you don’t move your feet you look slow. When you’re a small guy, you don’t move your feet, you look slow, too.http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/03/10/larsson-playing-a-larger-role-in-third-stint-with-sabres/ 

To me that indicates that Ted Nolan views Johan Larsson as a small player and I am wondering how other people around here view the matter.  I ask because to me he seems to be about average for an NHL guy. 

Was it just me, or did it seem like he went down a lot? Maybe he was just getting a lot of ice time and was tired. And yes, he is average, 200 pounds? Maybe a little small, but he's fast and pretty good in the corners and along the wall--when he isn't knocked down. 

I've been a Larsson skeptic to this point but he seems to be improving and I'd be happy to see him earn a spot on the roster next season. I know he's a left handed shot but does anyone know if he's capable of playing right wing instead of left wing if he is not playing center? We are definitely weak when it comes to right wing and there seems to be two schools of thought where some people think switching sides is no big deal where others are somewhat skeptical of that. I've always seen him listed as either C or LW.

Isn't it nice to see one of the kids with a breakout game? To get excited about moving forward again?

Who was the last Sabre rookie to have a three-point night?

Thanks for that cool drink of water after this endless season on the hot desert sand and nothing to eat but dry, salty crackers. 

GO SABRES!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.