College Football

Guest Sloth

Isn't the idea to make sure that number 1 is number 1. I think a four team playoff does that. Who gives a f if we are sure that number 5 is number 5.

I think it changes things a ton when 3/4 teams could vie for that 4th spot..... Match up differences and etc, just like the NFL, an underdog could play above their level and take home the bacon, I appreciate that they have a playoff, but I believe it should be at least 6 if not 8

and the SEC holds some cred in the FBS, so while it wouldn't be totally fair, I could see the commitee keeping Bama in the top 4

It wouldn't be totally fair to the keep the champion of the best and toughest conference in College Football in the top 4? You must have the good weed wherever you be cuz you be trippin as the kids say.

Edited by LGR4GM

It wouldn't be totally fair to the keep the champion of the best and toughest conference in College Football in the top 4? You must have the good weed wherever you be cuz you be trippin as the kids say.

He was saying if they lost... But you can have your fun.

He was saying if they lost... But you can have your fun.

All I know is Bama won and you can't keep a 1 loss SEC champion out. No other team in College football could play that schedule and come out 12-1. BTW Ohio State's win was impressive but do you kick out a tcu team with a loss to Baylor? That said Ohio did just beat a ranked opponent like it was their job.

All I know is Bama won and you can't keep a 1 loss SEC champion out. No other team in College football could play that schedule and come out 12-1. BTW Ohio State's win was impressive but do you kick out a tcu team with a loss to Baylor? That said Ohio did just beat a ranked opponent like it was their job.

Yes, you kick TCU out regardless of OSU. Baylor should've been ahead of TCU the entire time. If you have the same record in the same conference and win the head to head then you're the better team.

these committes never fail to surprise with their decisions..... I'm a big Bama fan. ..... Ohio state is far from a favorite of mine, however they just rocked Wisconsin with a 3rd string QB..... Baylor and tcu won as well, I also feel FSU isn't as good as their record, however they are undefeated so it's hard to keep them out. As I see it, Bama, Oregon and FSU are locks..... Then you have tcu , Baylor and Ohio state that all qualify.... It'll be interesting to see how tomorrow unfolds

Bama vs. Ohio State

Oregon vs. FSU

I'm glad, maybe it will push the Big 12 to have a conference championship, Bayloy is five and TCU six

How does TCU drop from three to six? Crazy!

I agree with the rankings 1-6 personally, but I don't see how the committee has such a drastic change after five days with no upsets.

Bama vs. Ohio State

Oregon vs. FSU

I'm glad, maybe it will push the Big 12 to have a conference championship, Bayloy is five and TCU six

I agree with the rankings 1-6 personally, but I don't see how the committee has such a drastic change after five days with no upsets.

Because the committee realized TCU shouldn't have been ahead of Baylor in the first place.

Because the committee realized TCU shouldn't have been ahead of Baylor in the first place.

I agree with that, I'm not a TCU advocate, the never should have been ranked third. The difference over five days is odd though.

They just covered all grounds with today's rankings.

-Baylor beat TCU and the ranking reflects that.

-The Big 12 has no championship game and they frown upon that -- their two best teams are out.

-Ohio State is the big name who just had a blowout in their conference championship.

-Florida State is undefeated. In a major conference that will and always should be rewarded.

I hate Ohio State almost as much as I hate Alabama--looks like I only have one game to watch.

While I a big Bama fan, I despise Ohio state and am looking forward to an early exit for the buckeyes, I hope Oregon wrecks FSU.

As for the choices in general, I'm just questioning how a team ranked #3 can win by 50 and drop 3 spots, the mistake was made 1-2 weeks ago not this week

While I a big Bama fan, I despise Ohio state and am looking forward to an early exit for the buckeyes, I hope Oregon wrecks FSU.

As for the choices in general, I'm just questioning how a team ranked #3 can win by 50 and drop 3 spots, the mistake was made 1-2 weeks ago not this week

My crappy team (Virginia Tech) beat Ohio State at the horseshoe this year. I feel confident that the weakness of the Big-10 (Big-14?) will shine through again should OSU be pitted against one of Oregon, Florida State, or Alabama.

I'm glad, maybe it will push the Big 12 to have a conference championship, Baylor is five and TCU six

They aren't allowed to have a championship game until they get back to at least 12 teams.

Since Baylor and TCU are the best remaining teams left, why not match them up together in a bowl game? I would love to see that game, and I wouldn't be surprised if it were a better game than the first 2 playoff games.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.