College Football

Guest Sloth

Not sure how many of you follow college football, but if Bama' were to lose to Mizzou today, odds of that are very slim, it'd most likely be the first time since the 05' season an SEC school did not make the national championship game. Granted, Bama' would still need to win a playoff game to get in to continue the streak. Its's just amazing how dominant the SEC has been.

GT's kicker drilled a beyond long field goal in the final seconds. Wasn't it 53 yards? Cleared the cross bar by what looked like 2 to 4 feet. A field goal that long is insane in college football. FSU has a tough game tonight against GT. If they lose they won't be in the playoff.

Not sure how many of you follow college football, but if Bama' were to lose to Mizzou today, odds of that are very slim, it'd most likely be the first time since the 05' season an SEC school did not make the national championship game. Granted, Bama' would still need to win a playoff game to get in to continue the streak. Its's just amazing how dominant the SEC has been.

You think Bama could lose to Missouri.... :w00t:

Here is how this will play out today. Bama will destroy Missouri.

Edited by LGR4GM

ROLL TIDE!!!!

AND F*UCK WINSTON, and FSU..... They have lucked into victories against crappy opponents, I hope they lose big today

No no, let them win today. Then let them play Bama in round 1 of the playoffs... and get destroyed on a level of epicness that makes Winston wish he had never set foot on college campus.

GT's kicker drilled a beyond long field goal in the final seconds. Wasn't it 53 yards? Cleared the cross bar by what looked like 2 to 4 feet. A field goal that long is insane in college football. FSU has a tough game tonight against GT. If they lose they won't be in the playoff.

Meh. When my kids were in HS, we had a kicker that could put it through the uprights from a kickoff. That's 70 yards when kicking off from the 40. I think he ended up going to Kansas or K-State and partied too much so we never heard from him again.

Meh. When my kids were in HS, we had a kicker that could put it through the uprights from a kickoff. That's 70 yards when kicking off from the 40. I think he ended up going to Kansas or K-State and partied too much so we never heard from him again.

If you haven't noticed -- kick offs and field goals are completely different.

I live about 6 miles from TCU, so kinda pulling for the Horned Frogs. They'd probably be #1 or #2 right now if they'd held the lead against Baylor.

When they won the Rose Bowl in 2011 they had an undefeated season but then they were in the Mountain West conference and didn't get any serious consideration for the championship game. They were one of the teams that wanted to see a playoff. Now they're in the Big 12 so they have the conference cred, and it looks good for them to get into the playoff.

One thing to remember is unlike some of these other powerhouses, TCU has a student body of under 10,000 students. So if you're not aligned with a college team, root for them; it's kinda like rooting for the small market Bills/Sabres ;)

If you haven't noticed -- kick offs and field goals are completely different.

I looked him up; he went to Nebraska, not Kansas. Anyway, he had two 50+ field goals as a HS senior. He went to the Carolina Panthers after college but never played at the NFL level.

You think Bama could lose to Missouri.... :w00t:

Here is how this will play out today. Bama will destroy Missouri.

I mentioned odds were very slim for a reason. Yes, Bama will probably crush Mizzou today. Any person w/ common sense would think that. I'm not a Bama fan, but I do want the SEC to continue its run. So go Bama! And Hail State!!

In high school kickers don't kick a field goal on the grass. There's a big difference. Not saying the kid didn't have a very strong leg. Just much more difficult to get great distance/accuracy when kicking a field goal on the grass.

I mentioned odds were very slim for a reason. Yes, Bama will probably crush Mizzou today. Any person w/ common sense would think that. I'm not a Bama fan, but I do want the SEC to continue its run. So go Bama! And Hail State!!

In high school kickers don't kick a field goal on the grass. There's a big difference. Not saying the kid didn't have a very strong leg. Just much more difficult to get great distance/accuracy when kicking a field goal on the grass.

our kicker in high school kicked on grass, idk what ya mean by not kicking on grass. Although he sucked and we inevitably went for 2 most of the time because he was that bad

our kicker in high school kicked on grass, idk what ya mean by not kicking on grass. Although he sucked and we inevitably went for 2 most of the time because he was that bad

Most states allow high school kickers to use a 1' inch kicking block on field goals and extra points. It is optional. Not a standard tee.

Edited by thanes16

I've never heard of that before, maybe it was just our area.... Doesn't seem fair.... Its like letting golfers use a tee on the fairway

High school/college baseball players don't use wooden bats. Things vary from league to league.

Not sure why they decided to go with only 4 teams. If they included 8 or 16 the teams not worthy of being included would just get knocked off.

I agree, I thought it was dumb to start with 4,everyone knew the playoff would be a success overall, now they forced themselves into a crappy situation again having to pick favorites and screw over deserving teams

Not sure why they decided to go with only 4 teams. If they included 8 or 16 the teams not worthy of being included would just get knocked off.

16 is far too many, I think. 8 is the magic number, but there will always be a few teams of debate at the botom. Won't eliminate anything when they expand.

I agree, I thought it was dumb to start with 4,everyone knew the playoff would be a success overall, now they forced themselves into a crappy situation again having to pick favorites and screw over deserving teams

Isn't the idea to make sure that number 1 is number 1. I think a four team playoff does that. Who gives a f if we are sure that number 5 is number 5.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.