GDT: 10/22/14 Sabres at Ducks 10:30 MSG, WGR

Brawndo

Game notes-

- the game has passed Gionta by.

- its not so much a lack of systems as its a complete lack of talent, thats not on TN

- the Sabres can't win in the faceoff circle to save their lives

- Myers eats minutes and is one of our best players but thats not saying much

- Stewart has so far shown me nothing that says he should be part of the future of this team. ( I called for him to have a breakout season ).

- Staffs well...Staff. He is what he is.

The rest of the time I must have been snoozin. Thats all I got.

-

Game notes-

- the game has passed Gionta by.

- its not so much a lack of systems as its a complete lack of talent, thats not on TN

- the Sabres can't win in the faceoff circle to save their lives

- Myers eats minutes and is one of our best players but thats not saying much

- Stewart has so far shown me nothing that says he should be part of the future of this team. ( I called for him to have a breakout season ).

- Staffs well...Staff. He is what he is.

The rest of the time I must have been snoozin. Thats all I got.

-

Stewart is one player I thought had a decent night. He gets the puck to net. Didn't score though, but who does.

This team won 5 face offs in the offensive zone tonight. That's 1.6 a period. So even if Stewart gets the puck to net.......oh what's the point. :) bedtime.

Edited by X. Benedict

Just came back from the Ducks game.

My takes on the game

Hodgson works hard but doesn't have good players to play with.

Myers needs to get a mean streak is actually really sad to watch because opposing players know he ain't gonna do ######.

Stewart- doesn't do much for me and I can see why he was moved twice.

Gionta- like someone else said the game has passed him by. Now I see why Montreal let him go.

Gorges and Girgs- best two players on the ice I thought. Both block shots and they looked good.

Risto- I like where is game is developing into.

I really think they need to give Zadorov a game or two.

I thought:

Neuvirth played well

Ristolainen is getting better

I liked the Sabres team that played the first 10 minutes of this game

Reinhart is starting to catch on

Gorges is a honey badger, he don't give a f#&$

I watched Reinhart every shift and he played okay. He just needs to get stronger. One to two seasons and he's going to be a really good player.

I really think Girgs is really good. He works hard, knows where to be, blocks shots. He is captain material no doubt about it.

My guess is Connor McDavid is contemplating quitting hockey right now.

I would be terrified at the thought of the Sabres drafting me.

I wouldn't be terrified at that thought. No matter what team he gets draft by he probably be looked at as it's savior. I would rather get drafted by a city that knows and loves hockey. Not like Carolina or Arizona. The Sabres have players coming it's just going to take sometime.

I like Myers but what he is missing that would put him at a different level is he needs to get nasty. I watched him close in his own end tonight and it's sad to watch because if he would just lay the lumber on opposing players or clear out the crease I think he would be feared. Too me it's like their toying with him because they know he won't do $hit. Sad very sad. He has the tools on offense but in the defensive zone is where he will never be Chara.

Probably 3000 Sabres fans at the game in Anaheim. Off to Los Angeles tomorrow night for another loss. Yes this team is worse than lasts year squad. They can't score and don't shoot enough.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.