Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Rough night for the CHL elite. EDM, BUF, CAR all lose. ARI gains some ground with a win on the Island.

Trade deadline looming, ice cold netminders, injuries, outrageous saves from 8th string tendys.... These are certainly interesting times in the CHL.

Edmonton loses!  :worthy:

I don't have the feed so I just watch the clock wind down on nhl.com, a stressful endeavor if there ever was one

It is not very important, but in Soviet Russia, you would be lost in гипермаркет (gipermarket).  Soviet Russian гипермаркет, translated "hypermarket" is our version of supermarket.

Also, I am being very picky, because I know your meaning - to be a good Soviet, but we say is comrade, is товарищ in our Motherland.  It is most common in Western Bourgeoisie to refer to one's "tovarish," as "comrade," but it that is a degenerate capitalist mindset, according to latest edition of Pravda.  I will say that you are a wild and crazy tovarish.  Some Russian women might find that attractive,   :wub: .

Some super-tankers always are way hard sons of a sukas.  That "transcends" mutual benefit.   ;)

Edited by Anna Akhmatova

It is not very important, but in Soviet Russia, you would be lost in гипермаркет (gipermarket).  Soviet Russian гипермаркет, translated "hypermarket" is our version of supermarket.

Also, I am being very picky, because I know your meaning - to be a good Soviet, but we say is comrade, is товарищ in our Motherland.  It is most common in Western Bourgeoisie to refer to one's "tovarish," as "comrade," but it that is a degenerate capitalist mindset, according to latest edition of Pravda.  I will say that you are a wild and crazy tovarish.  Some Russian women might find that attractive,   :wub: .

I switched the cynemapket to гипермаркет, but I can't change the name (only allowed two name changes in 90 days, I sadly plan on going back to being the capitalist pig known as WildCard. Might keep the bear though, he's cool) Besides, maybe the Russian Queen wants a little west in her east  :flirt:

Thanks for the heads-up Anna, and don't ever stop posting  :thumbsup:

If the Sabres go .500 the rest of the way the Yotes would have to go 14-7 to win the Shart.

If the Sabres stick to their current pace, the Yotes would have to go 17-3-1.

And what are you saying the Sabres current pace is. And you do know that Darcy had the GM put the word out about some rough patches coming up right? Hey Shane Doan, Kiss my ass.

Magic Numbers for games played through 2/24

Nashville, Montreal - Clinched

Anaheim, NY Islanders - 1

Tampa Bay, NY Rangers - 3

St. Louis - 4

Pittsburgh, Detroit, Chicago - 7

Washington - 8

Winnipeg, Vancouver - 11

Los Angeles - 14

Minnesota - 15

Calgary, San Jose - 16

Boston - 17

Florida - 19

Dallas, Philly, Colorado - 21

New Jersey - 25

Ottawa - 26

Columbus - 28

Toronto - 31

Carolina - 33

Arizona - 37

Edmonton - 38

Anaheim is the only team in position to clinch tomorrow. Anything but a regulation loss does it for them.

Edited by Tank

Is this a change of heart now that we're getting closer to the end? Not being a douche, I just remember that a lot of pro-tankers said it didn't matter if we got McEichel, that it was more about getting a lot of high draft picks. Seems like their resolve is wavering.

I still think we have this thing locked up. This team is really bad, especially with these late injuries. We're just seeing what we have in Neuvirth and then we'll start to sit him (unless TN knows he's gone after this year and is purposely fooking us by starting him,… oof, I hate my conspiracy theory brain).

Maybe the tank was always about top-2 for Tank, but that's not what it's actually about. Top of the draft gives your best chance for elite players, so get a high pick. The high pick doesn't have to be a generational pick. I'll say it again: if the tank nets us Risto, Reinhart and Strome, then it was successful. Ideal? No. But successful.

so can everyone just step back from the edge now?

We all know some people are going to freak out over every single moment until the end of the season. I almost wanted Edmonton to fail tonight just to hear Jeremy White's head actually explode on air.

Current standings through games played 2/24.

Team         GP  L  W OT PT MPP PR RPTC CPM

Buffalo      61 38 18  5 81 123 42 38   19.2

Edmonton     62 34 18 10 78 118 40 41   13.9

Arizona      61 34 20  7 75 117 42 44   11.8

Toronto      60 31 24  5 67 111 44 52    8.1

Carolina     59 30 22  7 67 113 46 52    9.1

Columbus     59 29 26  4 62 108 46 57    6.3

New Jersey   60 26 25  9 61 107 44 58    6.7

Philadelphia 60 24 26 11 59 101 44 60    4.4

CPM = Current probability of landing McDavid based off probabilities of finishing in a particular slot per sportsclubstats.com and lottery weighting - last updated 2/22 in PM

Good night for the Yotes as they gained 2 on both squads ahead of them.

Quiet night tonight in the CHL. Only Joisey in action hosting Calgary.

If the Sabres go .500 the rest of the way the Yotes would have to go 14-7 to win the Shart.

If the Sabres stick to their current pace, the Yotes would have to go 17-3-1.

At game 55 we had a 12 pt lead on Arizona. After game 61 we have a 6 pt lead. So in my book at the current pace they will be tied by game 67. What happened the first 50+ games is irrelevant. Right now Arizona is playing the worst hockey in the league.

DR is not finished leaving his mark on this franchise.

At game 55 we had a 12 pt lead on Arizona. After game 61 we have a 6 pt lead. So in my book at the current pace they will be tied by game 67. What happened the first 50+ games is irrelevant. Right now Arizona is playing the worst hockey in the league.

DR is not finished leaving his mark on this franchise.

Care to make it interesting? With this winter I'm sure there's some charities which would welcome your donation ;)

Care to make it interesting? With this winter I'm sure there's some charities which would welcome your donation ;)

I have LOST way more money picking Buffalo teams to win than I have picking them to lose. So based on that theory and my desire for them to lose I need to take Arizona and hope I lose. I will donate $50 to the Buffalo charity of your choice if Buffalo wins the CHL. If me betting against them helps the cause I am all in.

CHL betting and reverse psychology is very difficult at the same time.

Edited by sicknfla

I have LOST way more money picking Buffalo teams to win than I have picking them to lose. So based on that theory and my desire for them to lose I need to take Arizona and hope I lose. I will donate $50 to the Buffalo charity of your choice if Buffalo wins the CHL. If me betting against them helps the cause I am all in.

Well, that was unexpected. Crap! :lol:

We have a deal. Sabres finish 30th, you give $50 to the charity of my choice. They finish anywhere else, I give $50 to a charity of your choice.

I have lost way more money picking Buffalo teams to win than going against them. So based on that theory and my desire for them to lose I need to take Arizona and hope I lose. I will donate $50 to the Buffalo charity of your choice if Buffalo wins the CHL. If me betting against them helps the cause I am all in.

So to summarize, it could be:

the worst $50.00 you could ever win because we don't finish DFL

and the best $50.00 you could ever loose because we finished DFL

about right?

Only to Buffalo sports fans is that totally logical... we b crazy :thumbsup:

Edited by Woods-Racer

So to summarize, it could be:

the worst $50.00 you could ever win because we don't finish DFL

and the best $50.00 you could ever loose because we finished DFL

about right?

Only to Buffalo sports fans is that totally logical... we b crazy :thumbsup:

Exactly... Lol.

Well, that was unexpected. Crap! :lol:

We have a deal. Sabres finish 30th, you give $50 to the charity of my choice. They finish anywhere else, I give $50 to a charity of your choice.

Deal!! Never wanted to lose so bad in my life.