Pre Season GDT - Buffalo @ Carolina 7pm

LGR4GM

I was only able to listen to the first period. Did Nuevirth really suck or was he given no help? I know the first goal was a two on none Gerbe goal.

The first goal was a two on one and it was a perfect saucer pass to Gerbe with the open net. I think it was the third goal where all the Sabres were standing still while Lindholm buried it. I missed the second goal, and the 4th goal was on him.

Zadorov didn't do himself any favors, but was likely heading back to junior regardless. Grigs > Reinhart tonight IMO.

The flying elbow that drove Gorges' head to the glass by LaRose was brutal and should result in a suspension.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vk2DXPGazc

As soon as I heard it on the audio broadcast I knew it was supposed payback. That's garbage. It's situations like this where the NHLPA needs to be involved and shut that crap down. LaRose is a crap player, out of the NHL for a year and he thinks that is going to help his case to make a team. Go home, stop playing, you suck.

As for the rest... I stopped listening because the audio feed kept dropping from my phone. They lost.. go figure. Get me to next Thursday.

Reinhart will still get at least 1 full NHL game I think, just so they know how he is against a full time NHL line up.

We all know the league is a joke so I'm guessing 1 game at most for LaRose. If they want to get hits like that out of the game, give em 50.

Now let's talk about the Sabres reponse. That was Lucic / Miller esqe. Nobody even thought about doing anything. Hey Mitchell, want to make this team, look like it mattered to ya. Girgs, Mr fan favorite, WTF were you doing on that play. Risto, like Amerks gear? Cuz that play should have got you sent down.

A little spine anyone?

We all know the league is a joke so I'm guessing 1 game at most for LaRose. If they want to get hits like that out of the game, give em 50.

Now let's talk about the Sabres reponse. That was Lucic / Miller esqe. Nobody even thought about doing anything. Hey Mitchell, want to make this team, look like it mattered to ya. Girgs, Mr fan favorite, WTF were you doing on that play. Risto, like Amerks gear? Cuz that play should have got you sent down.

A little spine anyone?

I was thinking the same. Would have liked to see some emotion from Girgensens there. Same with Risto.

Now let's talk about the Sabres response. That was Lucic / Miller esqe. Nobody even thought about doing anything. Hey Mitchell, want to make this team, look like it mattered to ya. Girgs, Mr fan favorite, WTF were you doing on that play. Risto, like Amerks gear? Cuz that play should have got you sent down.

A little spine anyone?

I couldn't agree more.

Maybe I’m a little too old school for my own good. I know that popular wisdom says to let the league take care of the LaRose suspension, and then that should be the end of it. But for me that LaRose hit needs to be addressed by the Sabres the next time we play them (11 days from now) “with extreme prejudice”.

I’m not talking about trying to hurt LaRose. I’m just talking about a very physical, very intentional penalty against him on his first shift, with our guy barking at him afterwards for his BS hit on Gorges.

LaRose WAS actually trying to hurt Gorges, unlike the situation with Gorges and Jordan Staal, where Gorges simply took out his man. The fact that Staal’s leg got mangled afterwards was strictly Staal’s own fault, because he tackled Gorges on the way down and was 100% responsible for his own injury.

Hey Claude, do you work for Lenovo? I read that u were in the corporate box there tonight

No, my neighbor got the tickets, and as of Thursday we thought we might actually have to scalp tickets until these ones came through. It wasn't in the Lenovo box, the Champions club is just sponsored by Lenovo. My wife loved me for letting my kids get all jacked up on junk food in there. They gorged themselves on pizza, popcorn, cookies, brownies, cupcakes and bottomless sodas for free and still they were begging us to go buy them some cotton candy.

Oh and when I got home from work my son was ready to go in his Sabres jersey, he chose not to wear Canes colors tonight. :thumbsup:

Edited by Claude_Verret

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.