Dream Draft Scenario - What Are The Chances?

jwhit34

Let's say the Sabres finish last in 2014-15 and the Islanders finish somewhere between 23rd and 27th. If that happened, the Islanders' pick would have between a 6% and 9.5% chance of winning the draft lottery.

Can you imagine if the Islanders won the draft lottery? Then the Sabres would pick 1st and 2nd, and could pick BOTH McDavid and Eichel, would still have St. Louis #1 (probably pick somewhere in the 20s), their 2nd round pick (#31 overall) and the Isles' #2, which would be between 34-38...in a loaded draft.

It may be the ultimate pipe dream but it could happen.

Welcome. While I admire the enthusiasm of your first post, that idea was discussed and hypothesized shortly after we knew for certain the Islanders would not be giving us the 5th overall pick. It isn't really new thread worthy.

And the Islanders will not be 23rd-27th.

Welcome. While I admire the enthusiasm of your first post, that idea was discussed and hypothesized shortly after we knew for certain the Islanders would not be giving us the 5th overall pick. It isn't really new thread worthy.

And the Islanders will not be 23rd-27th.

The islanders are anything but predictable. I wouldn't try it lol. If I was a gambling man, I would rather bet against them though

Edited by Numark

If we are talking dream scenarios, St Louis revolts against Hitchcock as Dallas and Philly did before and just misses playoffs while Buffalo and Islanders finish 29th and 30th. St. Louis wins lottery and Buffalo picks 1,2 and 3.

It's not going to happen, but if you are going to dre, dream big.

I like your thinking!

If we are talking dream scenarios, St Louis revolts against Hitchcock as Dallas and Philly did before and just misses playoffs while Buffalo and Islanders finish 29th and 30th. St. Louis wins lottery and Buffalo picks 1,2 and 3.

It's not going to happen, but if you are going to dre, dream big.

And then we dump a few more guys for 1st round picks and wind up with every pick 1 to 10.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.