SabreSpace Fantasy Football League

Derrico

I need some advice from you seasoned FF veterans.  I have a choice between Derek Carr and Cam Newton tomorrow.

Normally, this is a no-brainer, right?

But Newton is hosting the Vikings tomorrow, and the Vikings have made the last two QBs they played look like fools.  Plus Charlotte is a hot mess right now.

Carr is at Tennessee.

What should I do?

I need some advice from you seasoned FF veterans.  I have a choice between Derek Carr and Cam Newton tomorrow.

But Newton is hosting the Vikings tomorrow, and the Vikings have made the last two QBs they played look like fools.  Plus Charlotte is a hot mess right now.

Carr is at Tennessee.

What should I do?

Imo you ride and die with your big guns. Guys like cam are weekly starters. If you start cam and Carr has a big game you will think damn it should have went with the matchup and not listened to Derrico. However, if you make the switch and cam does his thing I would be more disappointed if I made that move....just my thoughts....

Imo you ride and die with your big guns. Guys like cam are weekly starters. If you start cam and Carr has a big game you will think damn it should have went with the matchup and not listened to Derrico. However, if you make the switch and cam does his thing I would be more disappointed if I made that move....just my thoughts....

I second this. Play your studs. Unless you're Hank, then you trade your studs.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Carr is at Tennessee.

What should I do?

Tennessee also has a good D. Plus you have the travel/time zone change factor working against Carr and for Cam. Benjamin and Olsen are elite and will make plays and if they get inside the five cam will take it in himself. It's a no-brainer. Cam.

I second this. Play your studs. Unless you're Hank, then you trade your studs.

Tried to trade. No one would take them. No wonder I'm in first place, the rest of you aren't smart enough to take advantage of me.

Tennessee also has a good D. Plus you have the travel/time zone change factor working against Carr and for Cam. Benjamin and Olsen are elite and will make plays and if they get inside the five cam will take it in himself. It's a no-brainer. Cam.

Tried to trade. No one would take them. No wonder I'm in first place, the rest of you aren't smart enough to take advantage of me.

Hank, I wanted to take advantage of you, I was just emotionally scarred after you took me out back last week! Really though, I'm happy with my starters at those positions.

The one guy I know who does this for a living (he quit the rat race long ago)--who even has been interviewed by NPR for a piece about daily fantasy--he says Carr. So now I'm still torn. Dammit. The time zone issue is a good point. But I think it's only a two hour difference.

The one guy I know who does this for a living (he quit the rat race long ago)--who even has been interviewed by NPR for a piece about daily fantasy--he says Carr. So now I'm still torn. Dammit. The time zone issue is a good point. But I think it's only a two hour difference.

That's good he's out of the rat race and I'm not going to assume I know more about fantasy football but I'm not going to assume he knows more either. Don't underestimate people who work a desk job and have some downtime on said job. It leads to an unhealthy amount of fantasy research haha. Also did he tell you this advise personally or did he write an article? Somebody writes start cam newton or Antonio brown or whoever each week won't get too many readers but I've read some out there 'start em' 'sit em' columns who looked like they were trolling for Internet hits.

Most fantasy football lineup mistakes happen from over thinking it. Cam is better than Carr in real and fantasy football. Start Cam. Other thing with Carr is, he had a hot ~6 weeks last year, but has been mostly average outside of that.

Hey, Murray, don't be a dick and let the offer sit there for three days. If you don't want it hit decline so I can offer those players to someone else.

Most fantasy football lineup mistakes happen from over thinking it. Cam is better than Carr in real and fantasy football. Start Cam. Other thing with Carr is, he had a hot ~6 weeks last year, but has been mostly average outside of that.

Blues right, don't overthink it, Cams the smart play. You're not in our league, we have no motive to deceive you.

That's good he's out of the rat race and I'm not going to assume I know more about fantasy football but I'm not going to assume he knows more either. Don't underestimate people who work a desk job and have some downtime on said job. It leads to an unhealthy amount of fantasy research haha. Also did he tell you this advise personally or did he write an article? Somebody writes start cam newton or Antonio brown or whoever each week won't get too many readers but I've read some out there 'start em' 'sit em' columns who looked like they were trolling for Internet hits.

He told me personally--I texted him at about the same time I posted here yesterday.

He is a professional gambler and he has forgotten more about sports than you and I will ever know.  If you remember the ESPN show "Stump the Schwab," well, he's basically Schwab.  

Anyway.  I'm going with the home field / Charlotte needs to feel good approach and starting Cam.

One change I propose for next year is the option of having spots for IR. It doesn't seem fair to have to dump your star draft picks to make spots for guys you need to pick up to fill the holes. After all, teams in real life have IR spots, so does fantasy hockey. 

Just a thought. It might not even be an available option. 

You said you regretted not making the trade after Gronk got you zero points. I thought you wanted a do over.

I might. Just not that combo

Does it really matter? The winners usually just end up being whoever makes it through the season healthy. There is little strategy any more as long as you draft with common sense.

Injuries suck

My TE is out today and my backup clay is far from healthy and if he even was, he's under-untilized. Woodhead is done for the year, and the 3 Texans I started did me no favors by getting curb stomped by the oh so annoying pats.

Not a good week for fantasy football, or bills football. At least I smell hockey :)

Hank, you will win by 30+ points easily today

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.