Sabres sign Tyler Ennis to 5 year / $23 M deal

Swedesessed

Works for me. Ennis might not be a cornerstone player, but he's a nice piece, especially for when he's surrounded by better players. No complaints.

Agreed. Well, maybe slightly rich for my tastes, but the market is what it is.

Mmmmmm.....Apple pie using McIntosh apples from Niagara County.....Kim did well! How will she submit their bid for the Bills to Mrs. Wilson?

She'll threaten to leak vital information using her daughter's tookus.

Edited by Tankalicious

As much as I'm enjoying that Tyler Ennis has been signed to a good contract, I'm also enjoying that, in this thread so far, everyone is in agreement that he is and/or is capable of being a good player.

Reasonable deal for a guy on the upswing of his career. He should be a 20 goal, 50 point guy if he stays healthy. Maybe a little better than that if we surround him with some talent.

Agreed. I believe he's capable of 60-65 point seasons with talent. The fit's also good. He's a high-skill player capable of playing wing on a team that has very few high-skill wingers.

As much as I'm enjoying that Tyler Ennis has been signed to a good contract, I'm also enjoying that, in this thread so far, everyone is in agreement that he is and/or is capable of being a good player.

The thread is young; give it time.

$4.6 average is too much for Ennis. If everything works out as planned, meaning Sabres hit on majority of these top picks, you end up paying a lot of money for a smallish third line winger. It shouldn't be a problem cap wise considering most of the top young talent the Sabres hope to have over the next few years will be on entry level contracts or bridge contracts.

$4.6 average is too much for Ennis. If everything works out as planned, meaning Sabres hit on majority of these top picks, you end up paying a lot of money for a smallish third line winger. It shouldn't be a problem cap wise considering most of the top young talent the Sabres hope to have over the next few years will be on entry level contracts or bridge contracts.

What do you project Ennis's point totals to be on average over the next 5 years. Best/worst/likely?

What do you project Ennis's point totals to be on average over the next 5 years. Best/worst/likely?

Depending on the talent that Ennis will possibly be playing with? I think you can count on 15-20 goals about 40 points low end. High end? 20-25 goals 50-60 points in a single season. IMO, if Ennis is in the Sabres top 6 than the Sabres aren't were we all want to see them at as a franchise in the coming years. Ennis is a decent talented player, I'm not trying to drill on the guy. My end high end hopes and expectations for all these young kids the Sabres are accumulating will hopefully slot Ennis where I mentioned, a third line winger.

Ennis can be a second line winger on a very good team, in my opinion. He's best fit in the middle here, but when the team really starts performing I think he could be a very good second line winger. I do believe he has 30-goal potential, but the playoffs would likely be rough on him when the team gets deep.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.