Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Don't make me out to be some kind of xenophobe. These are middling celebrities. He takes pictures of the lake and stares at the ice before games in a moment of Zen. She's a so-so actress. If anyone in our respective families would have pulled this name out, for this reason, we'd all be rolling our eyes. They didn't produce some genetic gift to the world, she plopped out a crotch turd, another future terrible human like the rest of us.

This quote has me thinking you aren't a very good person. Plus, you sound incredibly unhappy. I almost feel sorry for you.

Don't make me out to be some kind of xenophobe. These are middling celebrities. He takes pictures of the lake and stares at the ice before games in a moment of Zen. She's a so-so actress. If anyone in our respective families would have pulled this name out, for this reason, we'd all be rolling our eyes. They didn't produce some genetic gift to the world, she plopped out a crotch turd, another future terrible human like the rest of us.

Let me help you out...

That took a harsher turn than I expected. I always forget that there are a list of 20 extremely white-sounding names that all couples must choose from.

As somebody in an interracial relationship I find your complaints to be childish with a dash of intolerance.

why are you being an a##hole?

Parts of Pennsylvania ain't exactly a melting pot. But for what it's worth, I believe him, interracial marriage and the subcontinent have never been his pet hatreds. My only issue with Bodhi is that it is a common Indian girls name.....but it should work here, sounds like the skier, right?

That took a harsher turn than I expected. I always forget that there are a list of 20 extremely white-sounding names that all couples must choose from.

As somebody in an interracial relationship I find your complaints to be childish with a dash of intolerance.

No intolerance. Well, some, but not the kind you're thinking of. The fact her 'rents came from India never entered my mind. I actually had to look that up.

What I'm intolerant of is the idea that, of course Miller's kid's name would have to translate to enlightenment, because dad's such a ray of light. Or maybe it's novelty names, instead of the good, old fashioned, solid names we used to have. Too many kids act like they're a source of enlightenment as it is. We need modest Henrys and Charleses too. Or maybe it's what Greg suggested. Megan Fox just named her kid Bohdi. Or maybe I'm an idiot. What did you really expect?

why are you being an a##hole?

d4rk wants me to die in a plane crash, and I'm the ?

Edited by @fakegorbyportwinestain

No intolerance. Well, some, but not the kind you're thinking of. The fact her 'rents came from India never entered my mind. I actually had to look that up.

What I'm intolerant of is the idea that, of course Miller's kid's name would have to translate to enlightenment, because dad's such a ray of light. Or maybe it's novelty names, instead of the good, old fashioned, solid names we used to have. Too many kids act like they're a source of enlightenment as it is. We need modest Henrys and Charleses too. Or maybe it's what Greg suggested. Megan Fox just named her kid Bohdi. Or maybe I'm an idiot. What did you really expect?

d4rk wants me to die in a plane crash, and I'm the ######?

hmmm, guess I missed that part.  I meant about the Miller's baby name.  They had a kid, named it, good for them.

GrassValleyGreg? The poster I was referring to?

OK, this is actually pretty funny. Jesus, this season is making us all nuts!

Oh ######!  I think Drane's post from months ago has my radar up.

Shall we sequentially delete? (I have deleted--your name is no longer there except for in your quote of my post.)

Edited by Eleven

Or maybe it's novelty names, instead of the good, old fashioned, solid names we used to have.

You're painting yourself more and more into a racist/intolerant type. This is the nuts. Sorry people don't make the same choices that all your clean white friends do.

You're painting yourself more and more into a racist/intolerant type. This is the nuts. Sorry people don't make the same choices that all your clean white friends do.

I think he just doesn't like what he perceives as "attention-getting" names.  

Love the devolution of this season. 

I'm gonna take Igor's side here. I'm sure there's a correlation between celebs and awful, embarrassing names. I'm no pop culture guy, but Blanket, North, Suri... All pretty obnoxious and a manifestation of a celeb's desire for attention. The unfortunate thing is they are pushing this narcissism on to their offspring, whether they want it or not. 

I don't care what people name their kids because their kids are not my f*cking problem. 

until you go out to fine dining restaurant and their little shits are kicking the back of your both and screeching because mom and dad can't be bothered to smack the little brats upside the head because that isn't pc so RUN WILD KIDS!!!!  :censored:

I need a beer.

until you go out to fine dining restaurant and their little shits are kicking the back of your both and screeching because mom and dad can't be bothered to smack the little brats upside the head because that isn't pc so RUN WILD KIDS!!!! :censored:

I need a beer.

Hahaha, yes you do need a beer.

Kids are awesome when they are yours. And when they aren't.... Welllll that's a different story. All other kids suck, and their parents suck too. Bunch of dirty, sweaty, sticky, slimy, disease factories! They are horrible little monsters and damn their parents for making them.

until you go out to fine dining restaurant and their little shits are kicking the back of your both and screeching because mom and dad can't be bothered to smack the little brats upside the head because that isn't pc so RUN WILD KIDS!!!!  :censored:

I need a beer.

Why does anybody feel the need to have an opinion on somebody else's kids' names? It's their business. It comes from her culture, not their desire to get attention. It is, whether you like it or not, subtly racist to dislike the name purely because it's different from the typical white American names...

Why does anybody feel the need to have an opinion on somebody else's kids' names? It's their business. It comes from her culture, not their desire to get attention. It is, whether you like it or not, subtly racist to dislike the name purely because it's different from the typical white American names...

Why do you feel the need to label everyone a racist? 

People always roll their eyes at celebrity baby names. Granted, Bodhi isn't in the same league as Audio Science, or Moxie Crimefighter, or even North West, but it is kinda different. (I don't really think so, I said earlier I'm a big Swayze fan and I have a dog named Bodhi). I don't think it's the race issue that you're making it out to be.

What if you hate these new white American names too? Kyle, Dylan, Cody, etc. In the immortal words of George Carlin "soft names make for soft people". Along with " Tucker. Tucker sucks".

Edited by Drunkard

People always roll their eyes at celebrity baby names. Granted, Bodhi isn't in the same league as Audio Science, or Moxie Crimefighter, or even North West, but it is kinda different. (I don't really think so, I said earlier I'm a big Swayze fan and I have a dog named Bodhi). I don't think it's the race issue that you're making it out to be.

It's not a celebrity name, though. This isn't them trying to get clever for attention... It's a name based on the child's mother's heritage. Everybody that comes to this country should make sure they white-wash themselves and choose the whitest names possible? Yes, that is racist.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.