(OT) Confirmed: Bowe Bergdahl for five Taliban leaders at Gitmo

PASabreFan

Because it's not accurate.

I disagree. Example, One of them (name escapes me) leveled an entire village in 1999 and destroyed all their crops, and in the process killed thousands (village population at the time less than 30,000. It has never recovered.). If I remember the news report correctly, the "crime" was they were not sharia compliant and not paying the Taliban "dues" from their crop yields and profits. .. Sounds pretty reasonable right?

I disagree. Example, One of them (name escapes me) leveled an entire village in 1999 and destroyed all their crops, and in the process killed thousands (village population at the time less than 30,000. It has never recovered.). If I remember the news report correctly, the "crime" was they were not sharia compliant and not paying the Taliban "dues" from their crop yields and profits. .. Sounds pretty reasonable right?

I'm not saying they're saints, I'm saying not one of them has been charged with a crime in the Hague.

I'm pretty confident most people reading the conversation will accept the bold for the complete BS that it is.

Of course we'd have a great time getting a beer. and we should! I don't think you're an evil guardian of the underworld at all. I think you are subconsciously (as I initially noted) affect by racial biases, as almost all American's are. I feel it is constructive to point out those instances.

Seriously, if I'm ever in ATL or you make it to the Finger Lakes, we should do beers.

And Good Luck Tomorrow!

thank you, the interview went great - and I'm glad you're receptive to meeting up for beers. I would like to circle back on your earlier comments upthread when I have a few more minutes.

Oh the irony if a black guy gets hired.

that is uncalled for - is there any need to continue with the race baiting ?

Come on, no one else thought this was funny?

Besides PA, we already know that you know what the M stands for.

I have a friend who was an Army Ranger and he ended up with back problems that was to require surgery. He has an overzealous father in law who would always claim to know the top doctors in any field. The FIL kept hounding my friend about the name of the doctor who would be performing his surgery so that he could "ask around" about his reputation. So my friend gets fed up with his FIL and finally tells him that a Dr. Mengele will be his back surgeon....and the FIL believes him and goes around to a few of his doc friends asking their opinion on this spine surgeon Dr. Mengele..

:lol:

Edited by Claude_Verret

I have a friend who was an Army Ranger and he ended up with back problems that was to require surgery. He has an overzealous father in law who would always claim to know the top doctors in any field. The FIL kept hounding my friend about the name of the doctor who would be performing his surgery so that he could "ask around" about his reputation. So my friend gets fed up with his FIL and finally tells him that a Dr. Mengele will be his back surgeon....and the FIL believes him and goes around to a few of his doc friends asking their opinion on this spine surgeon Dr. Mengele..

Now that's just funny. :worthy:

Wow. That's fantastic. Should've mentioned that you would have to go to Argentina to get it done....

Wow. That's fantastic. Should've mentioned that you would have to go to Argentina to get it done....

I just got an awful idea for a kid's cartoon. Hitler and Friends. They're all hiding in Argentina after the war. Wacky adventures ensue! The art style could be Happy Tree Friends-esque...

Oh the irony if a black guy gets hired.

That is just wrong dude...

I just got an awful idea for a kid's cartoon. Hitler and Friends. They're all hiding in Argentina after the war. Wacky adventures ensue! The art style could be Happy Tree Friends-esque...

Hahaha!!!

Now that's just funny. :worthy:

I was sitting right next to him watching a Sabres game when his very livid FIL called him after he finally realized the joke. After he hung up he was in tears from laughing so hard as he told me the whole story.

Good read, except this sentence, which is very easy to misinterpret:

"That soldier proved to be the only one of more than 20,000 convicted deserters during that war to suffer the death penalty."

I thought 20,000 deserters had been executed, and that stunned me.

Does anyone else find it ironic that these Taliban terrorists are the offspring of the Mujahideen that the United States openly supported in their war against the Soviets.

The United States helped put the Taliban in power and supported them, until their usefulness expired.

To be clear, I am not trolling to get this topic back off / on the rails. Just stating the simple truth.

Oh, believe me these 5 Taliban leaders are not the big shots they are reported to be.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.