World Cup 2014

Sabres Fan in NS

wonder what the % is on PK conversions. just seems grossly slanted to scoring. hard for me to take a sport seriously when they tell a player ok your going to be 12 yards away and the goalie has to cover the broad side of the barn

It makes the PK shootouts fun when the players are so nervous the % drops from ~90 to ~50. But I agree with you. I'd move the PK spot to 15 or 16 yards away.

Guest Sloth

Missed today's World Cup action. Wish I saw the penalty called against Mexico. A match that late in the game should not be decided by a "well......" type of call. Again, I haven't seen it yet. If a debatable call happens late in the game, simply don't call it. Far less problems.

Missed today's World Cup action. Wish I saw the penalty called against Mexico. A match that late in the game should not be decided by a "well......" type of call. Again, I haven't seen it yet. If a debatable call happens late in the game, simply don't call it. Far less problems.

It really was a shame. I think most fans would have liked to have seen another 30 minutes of game action rather than the ref essentially deciding the winner on a questionable call. Marquez got a little bit of his foot, but Robben is a notorious diver and clearly threw himself up in the air in the hope of getting a call. Shame.

Guest Sloth

Hey, CONCACAF was 1/2 today, almost 2/2 except someone decided not to play the last 20, and hopefully 2/3 by Tuesday night.

There will be a lot of excitement if the CONCACAF goes 2/3. Klinssman would probably become the most recognizable U.S. coach ever. Many felt a foreign influence was needed to get the U.S. to a higher level. He's slowly pulling it off. Will things finish w/ a World Cup title during his tenure, signed through 2018, as U.S. coach? Reality says no. But the impact he is having on the future of U.S. soccer is incredible. Klinssman is helping the U.S. skip x amount of years of development. He is leading the way. Very happy Klinssman is the guy in charge of U.S. soccer.

Edited by thanes16

And did any of you here what Keith Olberman had to say about soccer? What an extreme liberal prick.

Was it as Trolltastic has Coulter?

Poor Mexico.

...pass the tequila.

I was at a Mexican restaurant during the game, lots of fun. Until the end.

Yeah lots of overtime drama :D

From an ESPN article:

Found that rather funny

Let's Go USA!

Mannequine pis lol actually that is a really bad translation

"Manneken" pis , is some flemish dialict with just means little kid.

http://upload.wikime...Pis_cropped.jpg

Edited by Heimdall