Running our goalies

Marvelo

This is outrageous! Three Sabres goalies down with long term injuries in the last few weeks. Never saw anything like it. We're 30th out of 30...are teams taking intentional runs at our goalies "because they can?" Are our d-men so bad that they let them run the goalies? Why can't the Sabres protect their goalies better? Is our team so without heart that we don't stand up for the goalies after they get run?

Seems the Lucic incident has really defined our team and there was no transformation after that, just decomposing.

I don't think Enroth and Hackett are out because of being run? I think it is just bad luck

Hacketts not out, isn't Lieuwen the guy thats out?

Also, I don't know how many can really be called long term injuries this late in a garbage season, If they were in the hunt or earlier in the year, these guys would be back much sooner

Right now a hang nail could keep you out for the rest of the season.

I don't think Enroth and Hackett are out because of being run? I think it is just bad luck

Maybe the intent wasn't there to injure, but both Enroth and Lieuwen got hurt because the opposing players had no fear of crashing the net without any concerns of taking out the Sabres goalie. Also in both cases the player that 'caused the injury' did not even receive a dirty look from the Sabres players. I just can't see either of those incidents going unnoticed on any other team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crwpkGBVwLo

Helm had no problem taking down Hackett tonight.

The Sabres and their coach also had no problem looking the other way. "Hey look up there, it's Sabretooth".

I'n betting Ryan's pretty happy not having to worry about that anymore.

I think you're right: Lucic Pt. 2 might have been even uglier with no resistance at all. However the lack of shots with the Blues may have given Miller a false sense of security; even with 15-25 shots a game, he still has the low save percentage over there and he's on a losing streak when a President's Trophy is on the line. Let's hope it's just a bump in the road on the way to at least the Conference Finals for him anyway.

Further I say get Ekblad if possible. The defense needs all the help it can get.

Edited by 716

Maybe the intent wasn't there to injure, but both Enroth and Lieuwen got hurt because the opposing players had no fear of crashing the net without any concerns of taking out the Sabres goalie. Also in both cases the player that 'caused the injury' did not even receive a dirty look from the Sabres players. I just can't see either of those incidents going unnoticed on any other team.

https://www.youtube....h?v=crwpkGBVwLo

The Sabres and their coach also had no problem looking the other way. "Hey look up there, it's Sabretooth".

In their defence, Sabretooths antics can be entertaining............

Helm had no problem taking down Hackett tonight.

And where was the response from the Sabres? That could have injured Hackett. Why does nothing provoke a fight from this team? Why is Nolan so complacent?

If I were in that locker room between periods after that shot on Hackett, I'd be like.... "Hey, guys - Helm yanked the feet right out from under our goalie, when the puck was already down ice!!! It was a dirty, cheap shot and Helm was trying to hurt Hackett and disrespect him!!! How much more of this are we gonna take sitting down? We need to be stomping some ass!!!! Get out there and make Helm pay a price this period, and make sure he understands WHY!"

I'm sorry - but seeing more and more of this, game after game, I'm starting to wonder about Ted Nolan's leadership in that locker room. Some will be leaving, but they're still competitive alpha males or they wouldn't be professional athletes in one of the physically toughest sports there is! Why is there no retaliation? No fighting? They have nothing to play for at this point except respect - and they're getting DIS-respected by the other teams on the ice - blatantly so!

And last night - you have both Stewart and Foligno back in the roster - who are big, tough guys! Hackett gets cheap shotted, they need to crack some heads! And you can't say it's because they're not staying, because I'm thinking there's a good chance they'll be back.

Some have speculated that Nolan himself is ordering them not to retaliate - that's seeming more likely to me.

And where was the response from the Sabres? That could have injured Hackett. Why does nothing provoke a fight from this team? Why is Nolan so complacent?

If I were in that locker room between periods after that shot on Hackett, I'd be like.... "Hey, guys - Helm yanked the feet right out from under our goalie, when the puck was already down ice!!! It was a dirty, cheap shot and Helm was trying to hurt Hackett and disrespect him!!! How much more of this are we gonna take sitting down? We need to be stomping some ass!!!! Get out there and make Helm pay a price this period, and make sure he understands WHY!"

I'm sorry - but seeing more and more of this, game after game, I'm starting to wonder about Ted Nolan's leadership in that locker room. Some will be leaving, but they're still competitive alpha males or they wouldn't be professional athletes in one of the physically toughest sports there is! Why is there no retaliation? No fighting? They have nothing to play for at this point except respect - and they're getting DIS-respected by the other teams on the ice - blatantly so!

And last night - you have both Stewart and Foligno back in the roster - who are big, tough guys! Hackett gets cheap shotted, they need to crack some heads! And you can't say it's because they're not staying, because I'm thinking there's a good chance they'll be back.

Some have speculated that Nolan himself is ordering them not to retaliate - that's seeming more likely to me.

True, but they are also coming off of injuries and are probably not 100%

I have a feeling they are under strict orders from management, probably coming from the NHL, not to "goon things up" against teams in the playoffs/playoff hunt

We have seen how the NHL treats Sabres players (Kaleta, Scott, etc.) that try and stick up for teammates and fight back

True, but they are also coming off of injuries and are probably not 100%

I have a feeling they are under strict orders from management, probably coming from the NHL, not to "goon things up" against teams in the playoffs/playoff hunt

We have seen how the NHL treats Sabres players (Kaleta, Scott, etc.) that try and stick up for teammates and fight back

Even so, how much can they take ? Along with the Hackett trip, Foligno got big time 'slew footed' and the ref wasn't the only one that did nothing about it.

I agree - go crack some heads, you bunch of morons!

Rather than targeting Helm specifically, I would ordered someone, anyone, to do THE SAME EXACT THING to Jimmy Howard.

Then, see how a team about to enter the playoffs feels about potentially losing their starter, just because one of their players wanted to be an idiot.

And as I mentioned in the GDT, Matt Hackett played his ass off last night, and got speared with a stick by a Rangers player - no on-ice response from the Sabres. The whole team is a bunch of wimpy cream-puffs, from the coaches on down. Even if the coaches are 'instructing' the players not to retaliate, if I were a player I wouldn't give a hoot in hell myself. The hell with orders. Coach or no coach, I'd go right out and put a hit on Lundqvist, see how much they like it.

Are the Sabres the "Low-T" team or what?

Edited by Jsixspd

This is outrageous! Three Sabres goalies down with long term injuries in the last few weeks. Never saw anything like it. We're 30th out of 30...are teams taking intentional runs at our goalies "because they can?" Are our d-men so bad that they let them run the goalies? Why can't the Sabres protect their goalies better? Is our team so without heart that we don't stand up for the goalies after they get run?

Seems the Lucic incident has really defined our team and there was no transformation after that, just decomposing.

Teams take liberties with the Sabres not because they are soft, but because they can't score.

No worries running a few guys if they can't convert their PP opportunities.

If you can't convert a 5-3 ...........not only does your goalie get run, everyone gets run.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.