Do you think prices will go up next year?

PromoTheRobot

I was just taking stock of my Sabres account looking at the shortfall I'll have to cover for next year. Then it struck me that they might try to raise prices again. Do you think they have the 'nads to do that after the year we just went through and will likely go through again?

Yes.

I'd imagine so under the guise of the "we need to qualify for revenue sharing for future owners" line they used last year.

Right. Ted said he doesn't assume Terry will always be around. What that welfare check from the wealthier owners has to do with future ownership, who knows.

Right. Ted said he doesn't assume Terry will always be around. What that welfare check from the wealthier owners has to do with future ownership, who knows.

Mannnnnn that welfare check has to piss off the other owners who have less net worth.

The price of what? Our pride, our dignity, our loyalty? No that's tanking!

Season tickets, curiously, will go up, and up, and up, till..

This bubble's gonna burst! The smell of rotten garbage will be enough to drive ticket holders away. There will be enough amateur hockey in the area to satisfy demand. We will dump our rotten garbage in the middle of the 'professional' ice, and Buffalo will be proud!

Edited by Marcellus

Exactly, why would they go down?

TP has the fanbase hook, line and sinker believing in "the Tank", and with a waiting list for Season Tickets, they know people won't give up theirs and possibly lose their chance to get them back when the team gets better. Whatever tickets they have left after Season tickets they know they can sell pretty well to the opposing teams fans so they continue to increase prices every year

The price increase probably won't be huge though, but theres always going to be an increase

Not down, but hold steady for a season in recognition that the JV team they will be fielding is not worth a price increase? Would be a nice PR move to hold prices for one season.

Black was on WGR this morning all but saying that there will be an increase in order for them to stay eligible for revenue sharing. Something related to a league formula of 75% ticket revenue: http://audio.wgr550....ack-on-wgr.htm?

Black was on WGR this morning all but saying that there will be an increase in order for them to stay eligible for revenue sharing. Something related to a league formula of 75% ticket revenue: http://audio.wgr550....ack-on-wgr.htm?

FIgure another $1 increase for 300 level seats and we're talking $2,246 a pair, $82 more. Whatever.

FIgure another $1 increase for 300 level seats and we're talking $2,246 a pair, $82 more. Whatever.

Ya right whatever. The last couple seasons have not been just a buck for me. Mine was $16 per pair for this season. They better not be pulling that chit again for next season on my seats. Please.

Edited by beerme1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.