GDT: Buffalo at New York Islanders 3-15-14 at 7:00 PM EDT

26CornerBlitz

You know, this game is exactly why I hate the "tank." Sorry. I spend a ######ton on season tix (I split with one work partner) and I really don't like going to games to see AHL players at NHL prices. It's complete crap. It really is. If I wanted Amerks tix, I'd get them.

###### the tank, and ###### Darcy.

Yes I know it was an away game. Doesn't matter.

Edited by Eleven

Unlike any other league in pro sports, the NHLs superstars always come from the top 5 players drafted. In order to obtain such a player, you need to earn it.

Wishing to strive for a middling team to achieve mediocre status is beyond fool hardy. They need this, more than any team has needed anything. The Sabres need to draft absolute bonafide superstars in the next two drafts. Hoping they sign a bunch of middling players to achieve mediocre status is a fools errand and will only retard the franchises transformation to succes.

We have drafted top 5 before haven't we? Did i miss a parade?

I read it.

Be mad at them because they're bad. As I bantered with Sick, that's perfectly warranted. Don't be mad at them because they said they'd be bad and you bought tickets with the expectation of them being good.

I have the expectation of being entertained. I knew they'd suck. This team is not even entertaining. I pay to see a team that's at least going to compete. This team doesn't. It plays 30 games for new coaches and that's it. (And I freaking love Nolan, by the way, so I don't want to hear any Ruff ######.)

And let's all spare ourselves the "are you not entertained" video, too, ok?

I have the expectation of being entertained. I knew they'd suck. This team is not even entertaining. I pay to see a team that's at least going to compete. This team doesn't. It plays 30 games for new coaches and that's it. (And I freaking love Nolan, by the way, so I don't want to hear any Ruff ######.)

Feel free to cancel your seasons anytime. The blue and gold club wait list is already way to ###### long.

You know, this game is exactly why I hate the "tank." Sorry. I spend a ######ton on season tix (I split with one work partner) and I really don't like going to games to see AHL players at NHL prices. It's complete crap. It really is. If I wanted Amerks tix, I'd get them.

###### the tank, and ###### Darcy.

Yes I know it was an away game. Doesn't matter.

Even for those of us longing for a bottoming-out and a high draft pick, tonight's game was tough to watch.

Feel free to cancel your seasons anytime. The blue and gold club wait list is already way to ###### long.

Exactly, and they know that. They know I won't. Why else would I be so pissed off?

Even for those of us longing for a bottoming-out and a high draft pick, tonight's game was tough to watch.

It was so, so painful. I mean, really, that's an NHL team? Against the freaking Islanders?

Ugh, can't do this anymore. I'm just going to watch a movie or something and fall asleep to it. At least a $9/mo Netflix subscription brings something. Good night, all.

And THIS is better than fighting for a playoff spot and then having your team in the playoffs? At least then i would be watching unlike the last two months.

Sorry guys a two year or more tank for some possible high end draft picks is not worth it to me. Odds are in five years the top teams of today will still be the top teams then.

Good organizations win - not tank.

The goal is a Cup....the non tank has brought us...zero cups. Tank on my friends.

I wasn't thinking that, but when I read that, that video popped in my head, and I lol'd. Probably because of this bar story:

I was at a bar with some friends. And some ginormo dude (6'4, 250+) was visibly livid about something, maybe the insinuation from the undersized bouncer that he was drunk and it was time to go, I don't know. Something set this guy off. So he starts yelling and stomping around the bar, like a bull, chest puffed, just stomping around and yelling about not drunk he was like an enormous three year old that wants to kill the nearest living thing. Everyone in the bar's watching this guy, on edge, because he's the biggest guy there and no one seems to know what his malfunction is. His friend diffuses him a little and he stops stomping around, as the bouncer steps aside to ring the cops, just in case. Just then some random guy runs to the middle of the bar, and spreads his arms palms up and screams at the top of his lungs, "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?!?!, then ducks back into the crowd. Everybody in the bar busts their gut laughing. And the big guy goes ###### ballistic. He starts running around the bar, screaming, "WHO THE ###### SAID THAT!? I'M GONNA ######IN KILL YOU! WHO THE ###### SAID THAT!?! WAS IT YOU?!" So then the guy who yelled it points to my buddy, the second biggest guy in the bar. The big guy runs up to him, real angry like, and I'm like ohshit herewego. And my buddy's like "naw, man, wasn't me." The big guy sizes him up, then continues on his way to run around just ears-smoking angry for a bit until his friends notifiy him of the police presence outside, and he leaves.

I still ###### with my friends by reminding them of that ###### by yelling it, which was very funny to us. So thank you for that reminder.

It sucks to have to watch bad hockey. The only solace is that the worse we are, the better chance we have at being better later on. I know it doesn't make it easier when the bill comes. Don't be the guy that stomps around the bar, be the jackass that makes everyone laugh despite the ###### situation. Or just enjoy your beer.

Take it easy, Eleven. Enjoy the 'Flix.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

Here's something to chew on...... the Sabres need to score 27 goals in the last 15 games to keep from being the worst offensive team in the NHL in the last 78 years.

2013-14 Sabres 1.86 GPG (current)

1998-99 Lightning 1.84 GPG

1936 Canadiens 1.71 GPG

Edited by JJFIVEOH

And for those of you who are still concerned about watching brutal Sabres hockey...if I may quote Hillary Clinton.."what difference, at this point, does it make?"

If you like your tank, you can keep it under the Darcycare program.

Oh well, thanks to the law of averages the odds of Leino scoring in the NEXT game are even better than in this game.

Actually, that's not the way that the law of averages works. The distribution, itself, doesn't change. It's just that the further you are below the mean, the more possible outcomes (in the same distribution) exist above you that would pull you toward it.

BTW, the Sabres are 28 points out of the Wildcard spot, and there are only 30 points now left in the season (15 games). One more loss and they'll be on the brink of mathematical elimination - already. But they're already eliminated by common sense - the Sabres would have to collect 28 out of 30 points. And that ain't happenin'. The team is truly gutted now.

I think they just got knocked out with Columbus winning. They're now 30 points out and Columbus would get the tie-breaker.

Oh well, there's always next year.

Here's something to chew on...... the Sabres need to score 27 goals in the last 15 games to keep from being the worst offensive team in the NHL in the last 78 years.

2013-14 Sabres 1.86 GPG (current)

1998-99 Lightning 1.84 GPG

1936 Canadiens 1.71 GPG

Five years later, that lightning team won the cup.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.