GDT: Buffalo at New York Islanders 3-15-14 at 7:00 PM EDT

26CornerBlitz

Sabres are nine points out of second (last) but with two games in hand over Edmonton. Islanders are 4th last with Calgary and Florida on either side by two points. No matter the outcome, we don't see DEFEAT here. If the Sabres win, the possible Islanders pick gets better. If the Sabres lose, our first round pick gets even more cemented.

Therefore: TANK HAS AUTOMATIC VICTORY!!

T-90_tanks_during_the_Victory_parade_2012.png

7270290.jpg

If anything, I'd like to see the Islanders lose, just to smash their confidence, drive the fans nuts, drive up the value of that pick, and drive away any free agents that may make them better next year. But I'm not married to that.

I like Nolan, I really do and I hope he's behind our bench for at least 2 more years. That being said, I really have to question his coaching ability when I see him putting Leino on the power play.

My theory is - he knows why Nolan left the Sabres the first time. :lol:

And speaking of Leino.... Rick and Rob seemed quite critical of Leino's treating the puck like a game of "Hot Potato" and getting rid of it as quickly as possible instead of shooting.

In the interview, Leino talks about changes to his stick .... maybe try shooting with it instead of looking at it? LOL

holy cow leino wtf r u doing. gets a great feed from risto and blows it with a stupid pass to a covered guy in the slot when he should've put it on net

He's reached his month's quota of SOG's with 2, anything more and he'll be looking to renew his contract.

And speaking of Leino.... Rick and Rob seemed quite critical of Leino's treating the puck like a game of "Hot Potato" and getting rid of it as quickly as possible instead of shooting.

In the interview, Leino talks about changes to his stick .... maybe try shooting with it instead of looking at it? LOL

For a while there in the 1st half of the period, it sounded like Ray was the President of the Ville Leino fan club.

He's reached his month's quota of SOG's with 2, anything more and he'll be looking to renew his contract.

I didn't realize.... Leino is the 2nd highest paid player on the team and the highest paid offensive player - he makes 50% more than Ennis.

Wouldn't it be demoralizing for the other lesser paid players to see Leino out there so uselessly... making bad decisions, scoreless for the entire season, and getting an apparent pass from Ted Nolan on it? Ted keeps giving him ice-time.

http://www.capgeek.com/sabres/

Should interference against Ristolainen been called? Risto didn't have the puck but was prevented from reaching the goal.

Edited by Jsixspd

I didn't realize.... Leino is the 2nd highest paid player on the team and the highest paid offensive player - he makes 50% more than Ennis.

Wouldn't it be demoralizing for the other lesser paid players to see Leino out there so uselessly... making bad decisions, scoreless for the entire season, and getting an apparent pass from Ted Nolan on it? Ted keeps giving him ice-time.

http://www.capgeek.com/sabres/

Nolan is giving him every chance to succeed or fail before he is bought out

Playing Leino gives them ample reason to cut ties after the season. no way his agent can spin it other than "my client stinks on ice", Maybe he will return to his homeland and pursue his true love music. Hockey is a sideline for him. No passion whatsoever.

Nolan is giving him every chance to succeed or fail before he is bought out

Sounds reasonable. But....you'd think a decision would have been made by now, this far into the season. Not like there isn't a big pool of data on the guy by now.

I like Nolan, I really do and I hope he's behind our bench for at least 2 more years. That being said, I really have to question his coaching ability when I see him putting Leino on the power play.

That is one way to manipulate the roster for the tank.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.