Shake up in the office PAT LaFONTAINE RESIGNS

Jeanbe

It appears that LaFontaine and Murray had a great difference of opinion on what to do with Ryan Miller. It appears that the GM wanted to trade him and PLF wanted to re-sign him to a long term deal. What we have here is a failure to communicate.

In addition, I believe that Ted Nolan was another point of friction. PLF is a big fan of Nolan and he hired him personally to steady the ship. I think Ted Nolan has done a good job with the available resources. I believe PLF wanted to remove the interim tag from coach Nolan, but Tim Murray wants to bring in his own head coach.

I think PLF left to avoid a big sh*tstorm public battle between himself and the new GM. PLF is a classy guy. The class level of the new GM is still in doubt.

I think Ted Nolan's future is seriously in doubt now that his biggest supporter has resigned. I don't think PLF could look Ted Nolan in the eyes if he knew he was going to get canned by Murray. PLF would rather quit than see the look in Nolan's eyes when he gets canned.

This is pure speculation to be sure, but the truth is somewhere in this neighborhood I think.

Ouch....

Matthew Barnaby@MattBarnaby3636 4m

Pegula took over looking for a Stanley Cup. This team has just been a comics dream since his arrival. They do have a great dressing room tho

I came from St Louis as part of the Miller trade. Career minor leaguer but good depth player; a poor man's Jerry Korab.

So you're 3rd line material for the Sabres?

It appears that LaFontaine and Murray had a great difference of opinion on what to do with Ryan Miller. It appears that the GM wanted to trade him and PLF wanted to re-sign him to a long term deal. What we have here is a failure to communicate.

In addition, I believe that Ted Nolan was another point of friction. PLF is a big fan of Nolan and he hired him personally to steady the ship. I think Ted Nolan has done a good job with the available resources. I believe PLF wanted to remove the interim tag from coach Nolan, but Tim Murray wants to bring in his own head coach.

I think PLF left to avoid a big sh*tstorm public battle between himself and the new GM. PLF is a classy guy. The class level of the new GM is still in doubt.

I think Ted Nolan's future is seriously in doubt now that his biggest supporter has resigned. I don't think PLF could look Ted Nolan in the eyes if he knew he was going to get canned by Murray. PLF would rather quit than see the look in Nolan's eyes when he gets canned.

This is pure speculation to be sure, but the truth is somewhere in this neighborhood I think.

What do you make of Hamilton's report that Teddy has been offered a 3 year extension. This on the heels of Murray saying they were gonna do just that the other day and that Murray thinks Nolan is the right coach for the team at this time.

GO SABRES!!!

Ouch....

Matthew Barnaby@MattBarnaby3636 4m

Pegula took over looking for a Stanley Cup. This team has just been a comics dream since his arrival. They do have a great dressing room tho

So you're 3rd line material for the Sabres?

Nothing that asshat says can ever be considered "ouch" He's a douche's douche and a circus of a man.

I have heard Murray say, several times now, that they're working on an extension. Someone earlier reported hearing Murray say the same thing elsewhere, plus elaborated with his (apparently positive) opinion on Teddy's ability to coach younger players.

The tweets from "trusted" sources indicated this had nothing to do with Nolan.

Watching Murray's interviews, he strikes me as a person who has little patience with spinning webs of deceit.

I think Hamilton's tweet about the 3 year extension is probably close to the truth and that Nolan's future with the Sabres is in his hands.

Perhaps the sticking point in the contract negotiations isn't money, but the "clash" that just unfolded today.

Not if Pegula told PLF that the hockey department was his baby.

If that's the case, PLF should have hired a GM who was more in-tune with his vision for the team. If this wasn't caused by a personal issue, like health concerns, it speaks more to PLF's inability to be an executive for an NHL team than Pegula's ability to be an NHL owner. .

If I'm motivated, I'll go back and watch Murray's introduction presser. If memory serves, they said they didn't discuss player or coaching moves during the job interviews.

Edited by sizzlemeister

Murray obviously went over PLF's head to get the Ott/Miller deal done. In effect, PLF did his job too well; he hired a pittbull of a GM.

PLF didn't like the move, decides to quit after learning Pegula is an unrepentant meddler.

During the Leafs/Habs 1st int. tonight Don Cherry eluded to the bolded also. Said something to the effect of TM going over/around/under PLF to the owner about the trade, and that was why PLF left.

So I'll ask again

How do you feel about the Miller/Ott/PLF trade for draft picks?

The Sabres put the dys in dysfunctional. Even the Bills are laughing tonight.

Everyone on here just assumed Ryan was gone. Well apparently not everyone in the headshed felt that way.

PFL turned down Pegula's original offer to be GM since he admitted that he wasn't qualified. He then hired a (presumably) qualified GM to preside over personnel moves. Why then should the unqualified guy (PLF) have veto power of personnel moves? He shouldn't. Hire the GM and let him run the team.

This looks to be all about PLF not being able to handle differences in opinion over personnel decisions. And, I don't think it was just the Miller trade. I think this also has to do with the future moves that we'll read about shortly.

BTW - Craig Patrick (another qualified guy) is sticking around. That speaks volumes.

So I'll ask again

How do you feel about the Miller/Ott/PLF trade for draft picks?

The Sabres put the dys in dysfunctional. Even the Bills are laughing tonight.

Everyone on here just assumed Ryan was gone. Well apparently not everyone in the headshed felt that way.

I still love the trade. I don't think Miller was going to re-sign no matter what, so its a pretty good haul for something you weren't likely to have much longer anyway (IMO, at least)

And you gotta figure Pat understands that and that is why he decided to resign. I think he probably expected to have a little more input into the team building process and Murray essentially told him that that wouldn't be happening, which basically leaves Pat with no real job.

By hiring Murray and Patrick he essentially made himself redundant.

From what little we know, that seems the most likely take.

But seriously boys and girls, I ain't got a ###### clue

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.