Trade Deadline 2014

LGR4GM

Super late to the party, but I think the Rangers got fleeced on the St. Louis deal. Short term it looks good, but if that team doesn't contend this year (doesn't look likely) and next year, their future looks bleak.

I won't go as far to say they got fleeced, but I'm with you on this one. That's a steep price for a 38 year old.

107rwd5.jpg

That was quick. Luongo and St. Louis jerseys. They have a printing machine right in the store if anybody is wondering.

Is that an NHL store in NY or the Hall of fame in TO, cause it looks similar to the gift shop at the HHOF

The Luongo Jerseys are easy, they just had to bring the box up from storage that they put down there when he left Florida the first time

Is that an NHL store in NY or the Hall of fame in TO, cause it looks similar to the gift shop at the HHOF

The Luongo Jerseys are easy, they just had to bring the box up from storage that they put down there when he left Florida the first time

NY. And they got new jerseys since then. :P

From Hockey's Future on Buffalo's pickup

(12) Hudson Fasching, RW,

Drafted 4th round, 118th overall, 2013

The freshman has a near point-per-game pace in his first year at the University of Minnesota. He is currently tied for third on the Golden Gophers with 25 points, and his line with Kyle Rau (FLA) and Sam Warning is helping the team stay atop the Big Ten with a 10-2-2 conference record. Despite having several solid linemates, Fasching has not been a passenger. His style, which mixes the body of a power forward with the hands of a finisher, is translating better than many expected. Fasching also brings a quality of intelligence and leadership to his game, the latter of which will likely be put into the limelight as he hits his junior or senior year. The combination of an already impressive physical skill set and a successful freshman season are helping Fasching move up on the list of King top prospects.

Nicolas Deslauriers, LW,

Drafted 3rd round, 84th overall, 2009

Deslauriers has made a career-changing move from defense to left wing and it is paying off in spades. Not only has this taken defensive stress off the La Salle, Quebec native, it has opened up his offensive abilities. The former defenseman leads the Monarchs with 18 goals. His big-bodied and aggressive style looks promising now as a left winger in a system that is rather depleted in that area. Deslauriers still needs to work on his defensive game and positioning in the defensive zone, but the move Mark Morris has made is reinventing his career and potential NHL future. With a stacked blue line depth chart, the Kings can now start to consider Deslauriers as a potential option as a top-nine winger.

There were ten trades yesterday, so I would say 16 trades so far in reality.

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger

Ruutu to the Devils.

Martin Biron sounds so much like Wilmer Valderrama's character in That 70's Show.

The Mayor John Hoven @mayorNHL

From what I'm told, the #LAKings are done. Of course, something could change, but it's not expected.

Edited by Tankalicious

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.