Mr Ryan Miller....

spndnchz

I don't believe Jaskin or Rattie are in the conversation unless we add, and most likely a forward prospect, most likely center since they have an abundance of winger prospects.

I'm looking at Paajarvi (22 yrs old, most likely what Murray is looking for development/age wise), Kurker or Carrier (both are 19 and still in their junior system) as the likely 3. Just my opinion is all. All 3 are LW'ers.

I guess it depends on what the Blues think of Miller (is he the missing link to a cup team?)

Rattie and Jaskin are good prospects but we aren't talking Strome or Drouin or Zadorov here.

If there was a draft of all prospects outside the NHL, I doubt either gets a sniff of the first round.

Kurker and Carrier are dime-a-dozen prospects - Daniel Catennaci types who wouldn't dent our top 10.

Edited by dudacek

Compare and contrast the Sabres and the Oilers and tell me in what way these two teams are similar?

For starters they both suck. I get what you are saying that they need goaltending. Anybody can see that. I just don't agree that Miller makes them a playoff team. Just like Crosby would not make us a playoff team.

Compare and contrast the Sabres and the Oilers and tell me in what way these two teams are similar?

Both teams are very young and have been out of the playoffs for a number of years. Neither team has won a playoff series for a number years. Both teams are rebuilding. Both teams have young talent but lack veteran talent to cover up mistakes. Both teams are strong at one position but weak in another. Neither team has an all star. Both have had leadership problems. Both have the ability to spend more money than they currently are. Both have drafted high in the last couple of years.

FWIW, I would be asking for Jake Allen, but if I was the Blues, I would say no.

Yup. Agreed on both counts.

Yes, Allen would be the ideal return, but I also don't see that happening.

However, Jaskin's interests me along with either Rattie, Taresenko or Schwartz. And unless this is an expanded deal outside of just moving Miller, I don't see that happening.

I look to Paavarji+Halak+Jaskin. A couple of young wingers and a salary dump, but we may have to add on our end a bit more than we'd like to swallow, not sure though.

Edited by HopefulFuture

Yes, Allen would be the ideal return, but I also don't see that happening.

However, Jaskin's interests me along with either Rattie, Taresenko or Schwartz. And unless this is an expanded deal outside of just moving Miller, I don't see that happening.

I look to Paavarji+Halak+Jaskin. A couple of young wingers and a salary dump, but we may have to add on our end a bit more than we'd like to swallow, not sure though.

As far as your offer goes, we send them someone to fill the hole created by Paajarvi, or they can flip to fill that hole, and it might get done. Pretty realistic on all counts. Jaskin and Paajarvi would probably both play for us next year and that's probably what GMTM would prefer. Blues may prefer to give up a pick.

Crosby could probably make us a playoff team.

He just might.

Edited by dudacek

Yes it does. I don't have the time or energy to play your games. Ryan Miller is not good enough to put then in the payoffs. Period. Contrasts and comparisons are a mute point.

Play my games? I'm asking you a question. LGR didn't seem to have any trouble taking a crack at it for you. Want him to hold your hand?

Crosby could probably make us a playoff team.

You can't be serious?

Play my games? I'm asking you a question. LGR didn't seem to have any trouble taking a crack at it for you. Want him to hold your hand?

Here we go again. THIS is why i am not playing your games.

You can't be serious?

Fixes our biggest weakness in the best possible way - turns Stafford into a 30-goal scorer, and Foligno into a 20-goal man, fixes the power play, gives Ehrhoff someone who take advantage of his breakouts, lets Ott concentrate on being a shutdown guy, takes the best checkers away from Hodgson, Moulson and Ennis.

We wouldn't be a legitimate contender, but the playoffs aren't far-fetched.

Fixes our biggest weakness in the best possible way - turns Stafford into a 30-goal scorer, and Foligno into a 20-goal man, fixes the power play, gives Ehrhoff someone who take advantage of his breakouts, lets Ott concentrate on being a shutdown guy, takes the best checkers away from Hodgson, Moulson and Ennis.

So your saying our number one line is Crosby, Stafford, and Foligno? Bet he would be thrilled ;)

Edited by sicknfla

Agreed. A player like Crosby instantly gives this team a legit top line, whereas right now they don't even have a legit 2nd line. It leaves plenty of holes still left to fill, but fixes the most important one. I hear there may be a guy of Crosby's ilk coming out in the draft next year...what do you guys think about tanking next year to give us the best shot at grabbing him? :P

I asked you a question and you refuse to actually answer it. Not sure how that is in any way my fault. Can you answer that question for me?

Holy Christ dude. You don't give up. I will answer for you in great detail when i can. I am driving from Sarasota to Miami. Trying to keep it short. Not the safest way to kill time.

Agreed. A player like Crosby instantly gives this team a legit top line, whereas right now they don't even have a legit 2nd line. It leaves plenty of holes still left to fill, but fixes the most important one. I hear there may be a guy of Crosby's ilk coming out in the draft next year...what do you guys think about tanking next year to give us the best shot at grabbing him? :P

Anyone wanna watch Connor McDavid highlights? Also he turned 17 on the 13th of this month so during these highlights he was 16.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fnjbug0P8h8

Edited by LGR4GM

Holy Christ dude. You don't give up. I will answer for you in great detail when i can. I am driving from Sarasota to Miami. Trying to keep it short. Not the safest way to kill time.

Was that so hard? Once again, all you had to do was say "I can't give you an answer right now but I will come back to it later when I have time."

But of course your first response when challenged is always a gnashing of teeth and throwing your hands up. Shocking.

Was that so hard? Once again, all you had to do was say "I can't give you an answer right now but I will come back to it later when I have time."

But of course your first response when challenged is always a gnashing of teeth and throwing your hands up. Shocking.

You know you aren't helping with a response like this? I am just saying that continually going after him really doesn't help.

About as shocking as you having a girlfriend. That was a joke. Don't get all huffy.

Josie must be a saint.

Edited by sicknfla

Just to step into the wee-wee contest, IMHO Crosby plus Nolan from the beginning of this season makes the Sabres a playoff team, while Miller on the Oilers from the beginning of the season does not make them a playoff team.

Reasons:

1. The Sabres with Nolan coaching are better than the Oilers.

2. Crosby is better than Miller (and I really like Miller).

About as shocking as you having a girlfriend. That was a joke. Don't get all huffy.

Josie must be a saint.

She is :lol:

I'm not trying to give you a hard time for the sake of giving you a hard time, but your posts are consistently lacking and I want to make it clear where those areas are. We are butting heads for the same reason every time, which is that I am asking more from you and you don't feel the need to do it. This is not my problem to fix. It's on you.

Just to step into the wee-wee contest, IMHO Crosby plus Nolan from the beginning of this season makes the Sabres a playoff team, while Miller on the Oilers from the beginning of the season does not make them a playoff team.

Reasons:

1. The Sabres with Nolan coaching are better than the Oilers.

2. Crosby is better than Miller (and I really like Miller).

A little far fetched with the Crosby point, no?

I think everyone here is drastically discounting how well the talent players are playing for Edmonton. They aren't a team of third and fourth liners like Buffalo is. Maybe next year we'll resemble Edmonton with young and talented guys, but right now I don't see it. We're bargain bin while Edmonton is unpolished.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.