• Finland
    • Austria
    • Norway
    • Latvia
    • Slovenia
    • Switzerland

Gold: USA, Miller gets revenge for 2010

Silver: Canada

Bronze: Sweden, although Lundquist goes down in the 2nd, Enroth holds onto the 3 goal Swedish lead to take Bronze

4th: Russia, the stress of being the "home" team crushes many younger Russians and Ovi and Kovulchuk cause internal strife (Ovi tells Kovulchuck he's ruined many Russian players hopes in the NHL)

Seriously? It is like three posts up......

I didn't even notice that the third photo wasn't just another angle on the 2010 mask, LOL

So from the looks of it, its a slightly modified version of his 2010 mask?

Uncle Sam goes through laser surgery to remove the tattoos, clover for luck, new torch, and the rings are replaced by the team USA logo

I was right, his twitter has a few more pictures of it including him Noreen and his dog as Russian nesting dolls.

Either nesting dolls of Miller sees himself as being fat

So who wants to start the rumors based on what the mask is telling everyone?

Theres a clock behind them, could symbolize Miller time, could also mean his time as a Sabre is done?

Noureens jersey appears to look similar to a Canadians jersey, meaning Miller is secretly wanting to go to the canadians, or because noureen is wearing it, and Koivu was once the Canadians captain, he is going to Anaheim to play for the Ducks!

Now I'm just waiting for Eklund to read this and the twitter verse to explode with "Miller wants out of Buffalo and is going to play for the Ducks, E5!!!"

Completed:

BfEnHtuCQAMRyA2.jpgBfCabNeCQAEixB5.jpg

I know I'm being a bitchy artist but man, the way Bishop renders people realllllly bothers me. That Uncle Sam.. oof. I know Miller had it in the Vancouver Olympics as well. The matryoshka dolls are a nice touch, though. Admittedly, until I saw someone else mention them, I had no idea that's what they were- not really clear enough. I thought it was Miller as a punching bag clown.

I'm excited to see all the different goalie masks and uniforms this year.

Edited by Josie914

I know I'm being a bitchy artist but man, the way Bishop renders people realllllly bothers me. That Uncle Sam.. oof. I know Miller had it in the Vancouver Olympics as well. The matryoshka dolls are a nice touch, though. Admittedly, until I saw someone else mention them, I had no idea that's what they were- not really clear enough. I thought it was Miller as a punching bag clown.

I'm excited to see all the different goalie masks and uniforms this year.

Not an artist here, just a goalie who enjoys goalie masks and I have to see I have not been a fan of any of Miller masks. The dolls on the back look nothing like the 2 of them, I could tell that they were supposed to be nesting dolls but only cause I picked up on the difference between this one and his last mask was they changed anything that was from Vancouver to Russia (the torch, the dolls are sort of symbols for russia, etc), and it looks like Uncle Sam went back in for the tattoo again

Either nesting dolls of Miller sees himself as being fat

So who wants to start the rumors based on what the mask is telling everyone?

Theres a clock behind them, could symbolize Miller time, could also mean his time as a Sabre is done?

Noureens jersey appears to look similar to a Canadians jersey, meaning Miller is secretly wanting to go to the canadians, or because noureen is wearing it, and Koivu was once the Canadians captain, he is going to Anaheim to play for the Ducks!

Now I'm just waiting for Eklund to read this and the twitter verse to explode with "Miller wants out of Buffalo and is going to play for the Ducks, E5!!!"

I think I read it's against the IOC rules to have words on the masks. "USA" might be exempted as it's just the name of the country he's competing for. The Miller family in front of the clock is Miller Time as you suggested.

Edit: (link) http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/01/16/jessie-vetter-team-usa-goalie-mask-required-to-remove-constitution-rendering/

That the clock is at 5:00 must mean Miller's an alcoholic who is going to drink these games away.

Edited by Assquatch

Not an artist here, just a goalie who enjoys goalie masks and I have to see I have not been a fan of any of Miller masks. The dolls on the back look nothing like the 2 of them, I could tell that they were supposed to be nesting dolls but only cause I picked up on the difference between this one and his last mask was they changed anything that was from Vancouver to Russia (the torch, the dolls are sort of symbols for russia, etc), and it looks like Uncle Sam went back in for the tattoo again

Yeah. It's just very... Ed Hardy meets Coney Island dude with a ponytail airbrushing cartoon characters on bedazzled denim jackets circa 1993. I really don't like it. D4rk can tell you, I sit around drooling on goalie masks just about daily. Seeing this last week is actually why I suddenly decided I have to learn how to airbrush- if that guy can make bank, darnit, I might as well try!

I actually don't mind Miller's current mask, of the buffalo... still not sure why there's purple in it, but compared to this, it's a masterpiece.

I think the clock on the back there is a reference to business time with his lady love. See how she's kind of in the middle? He thinks about her round the clock and when he goes from six to twelve, well...

I wonder what Quick and Howard's masks look like. I've seen some sneaks of Howard's, but not enough to really see it.

Yeah. It's just very... Ed Hardy meets Coney Island dude with a ponytail airbrushing cartoon characters on bedazzled denim jackets circa 1993. I really don't like it. D4rk can tell you, I sit around drooling on goalie masks just about daily. Seeing this last week is actually why I suddenly decided I have to learn how to airbrush- if that guy can make bank, darnit, I might as well try!

I actually don't mind Miller's current mask, of the buffalo... still not sure why there's purple in it, but compared to this, it's a masterpiece.

I think the clock on the back there is a reference to business time with his lady love. See how she's kind of in the middle? He thinks about her round the clock and when he goes from six to twelve, well...

I wonder what Quick and Howard's masks look like. I've seen some sneaks of Howard's, but not enough to really see it.

Quicks mask:

http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=702892

Maybe we need a mask art thread? Not an Olympic mask but Steve Mason's got a new zombie themed one with dead teammates on it:

Yes.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

I'll take anything by Dave Gunnarsson. Especially a Clint Eastwood mask.

http://www.daveart.c...84/default.aspx

4408735441_4451a7d27d.jpg

He's my favorite.

And that mask makes me so happy. Such a beautiful job.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.