Sabres "Fantasy Gambling" Contest

Ghost of Dwight Drane

i was away for the last four days sorry I didn't bet on the last couple... since i'm at 145, i'll go all in on Detroit.

How is that a smart move for you? Why would you not hold and pray for a Sabres win? That's really the only chance you have.

12 units each. Damn you two for forcing me to go big. I was hoping to sit this one out with it being in buffalo. Taro and cereal are now forced to bet 11 units or fall out of the competition. If Claude stand pat, and the Sabres win, Claude pretty much wins by default.

I hate you both for Making me do this, 15 units (3K) on the wings.

Taro and cereal are not forced to do anything, and Detroit may well lose! Frankly, I wanted to stay away from it, too, but someone overtook me on the leaderboard. Wonder who that was?

We'll agree to disagree on on taro and cereal. As far as me taking the lead that is completely your fault for passing on the wings and blues at home. My strategy from here on out, subject to change if my right pinky toe itches, is max units against the Sabres up until the pick-em against the Isles. I'm hoping my lead will be big enough I won't have to bet that one.

We'll agree to disagree on on taro and cereal. As far as me taking the lead that is completely your fault for passing on the wings and blues at home. My strategy from here on out, subject to change if my right pinky toe itches, is max units against the Sabres up until the pick-em against the Isles. I'm hoping my lead will be big enough I won't have to bet that one.

Ha! I didn't trust the Wings then just like I don't now. I didn't like the odds on the Blues game at all. I actually almost put a small amount on the Sabres, remember?

You and I are very likely going to be betting the same way, provided that we survive, so count on betting that Isles game if we're still in it.

Did you really think the Sabres would win in StL? If not, the the unit cost is not relevant, you're not betting against a spread. Assuming the wings win tonight I'm up almost nine hundred. Even if you bet max units with me my lead will grow because I will have more units available. I figure I'll have 2-3 more units for the Boston game depending on the number. That will put me 1100-1200 ahead of you. I think the rangers line will be closer to the red wings line, the lower the line the more units I'll have available than you. You're right, I'll most likely have to bet the Isles game. But I won't have to bet much, and I won't have to win, I just have to bet the same team you do. You have to bet max units and hope I bet the other team.

Did you really think the Sabres would win in StL? If not, the the unit cost is not relevant, you're not betting against a spread. Assuming the wings win tonight I'm up almost nine hundred. Even if you bet max units with me my lead will grow because I will have more units available. I figure I'll have 2-3 more units for the Boston game depending on the number. That will put me 1100-1200 ahead of you. I think the rangers line will be closer to the red wings line, the lower the line the more units I'll have available than you. You're right, I'll most likely have to bet the Isles game. But I won't have to bet much, and I won't have to win, I just have to bet the same team you do. You have to bet max units and hope I bet the other team.

1. I didn't think the Sabres would win a lot of the games that I bet them. Until now, the endgame, I bet the Sabres when I saw incredibly attractive odds. So I seriously considered the St. Louis game.

2. You're correct with the analysis as far as I can tell.

Leaderboard as of 4/9

Hank 4620

Eleven 3750

UBKev 3700

Cereal 2910

TaroT 1965

ClaudeVeret 1930

TM8-PL16 220

We go blind the last 3 games

I will set the line the night before each game...and try to do it early for the weekend games.

PM me up until puck drop with your wager.

I will post all wagers as soon as possible after puck drop.

Good luck.

Leaderboard as of 4/9

Hank 4620

Eleven 3750

UBKev 3700

Cereal 2910

TaroT 1965

ClaudeVeret 1930

TM8-PL16 220

We go blind the last 3 games

I will set the line the night before each game...and try to do it early for the weekend games.

PM me up until puck drop with your wager.

I will post all wagers as soon as possible after puck drop.

Good luck.

You might not be able to set lines the night before if you're using VegasInsider; I've had trouble finding lines there before the morning of a game. Just saying in case you can't use that source.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.