Soccer (Football) ~ Everything About The Beautiful Game

Sabres Fan in NS

See what happens when you go against FIFA's *Godfather* ...

http://edition.cnn.c...html?hpt=isp_c1

FIFA is a joke!

I yearn for the day when Sepp Blatter is no longer involved in football and instead is dedicating his days to (unsuccessfully) avoiding an.al intercourse in a poorly maintained Polish jail.

Edited by LaFontaineToMogilny

Ok. A win is a win, but scoring a goal in stoppage time against the last placed team in not a good indication of a team really interested in repeating as EPL champs.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2012/12/22/sp-soccer-epl-roundup-man-city-reading-arsenal.html

And ...

Sorry Santa, but your little yellow birds with green trim lost today.

http://stats.cbc.ca/ifb/story.asp?i=20121222171932210000101&ref=hea&tm=&src=EPL

Ok. A win is a win, but scoring a goal in stoppage time against the last placed team in not a good indication of a team really interested in repeating as EPL champs.

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...ng-arsenal.html

And ...

Sorry Santa, but your little yellow birds with green trim lost today.

http://stats.cbc.ca/...hea&tm=&src=EPL

I know. I knew it was going to happen the minute I posted about the no-loss streak.

I don't mind a one-goal loss to Chelsea, who can afford to buy any player it wants.

In other action, how does Man U seem to score a winning goal in the last minute, or in stoppage time, seemingly every game? How does this happen? Does Ferguson bribe opposing goalkeepers or referees or something?

I don't mind a one-goal loss to Chelsea, who can afford to buy any player it wants.

In other action, how does Man U seem to score a winning goal in the last minute, or in stoppage time, seemingly every game? How does this happen? Does Ferguson bribe opposing goalkeepers or referees or something?

Fergie and Man U do not need to stoop to that level. Different rules for Man U. Always have been and always will be. They will always get *the breaks* when needed.

Also, the latest edition of *Fergie, being Fergie* ...

http://edition.cnn.c...html?hpt=isp_c2

I hate Man U and Ferguson.

EDIT TO ADD:

Like FIFA, English football is a joke!

Man C did not get any *breaks* and lost 1 - 0 this afternoon. Granted, they looked horrible.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

Well, Scotia, your boys are up 2-1 at the half, but will play the second half a man down. We shall see if my low-budget Canaries can steal one!

EDIT now 4-2 and Norwich is really missing John Ruddy in goal.

Edited by Eleven

Well, Scotia, your boys are up 2-1 at the half, but will play the second half a man down. We shall see if my low-budget Canaries can steal one!

2 - 3 ... in the 63rd minute.

Džeko ... Džeko ... will there be a 3rd for the *Bosanski dijamant*

EDIT TO ADD:

Bad luck on the 4th City goal. An own goal on the keeper. If they awarded these goals to the last player who touched the ball on the other side it would have been #3 for Džeko.

3 - 4 now. A good match.

2 - 3 ... in the 63rd minute.

Džeko ... Džeko ... will there be a 3rd for the *Bosanski dijamant*

EDIT TO ADD:

Bad luck on the 4th City goal. An own goal on the keeper. If they awarded these goals to the last player who touched the ball on the other side it would have been #3 for Džeko.

3 - 4 now. A good match.

That was no own goal. Dzeko deserves credit for it.

But Ruddy would have stopped it (and the third one, too)!

Ref gave Norwich plenty of "Ferguson time," but it wasn't enough.

Edited by Eleven

Whoa--Blatter did something right!

http://soccernet.esp...ke-hold?cc=5901

There is a first time for everything.

I agree with Blatter (can't believe I just said that). MLS will never compete on the world stage.

IMO, what needs to happen is that a CONCACAF league needs to be started up, or incorporate MLS into the Mexican and Central American and Caribbean leagues.

There is a first time for everything.

I agree with Blatter (can't believe I just said that). MLS will never compete on the world stage.

IMO, what needs to happen is that a CONCACAF league needs to be started up, or incorporate MLS into the Mexican and Central American and Caribbean leagues.

That might work.

It amuses me that folks in Portland, Seattle, DC, some other places, take MLS seriously. It's like taking a AA baseball team seriously.

That might work.

It amuses me that folks in Portland, Seattle, DC, some other places, take MLS seriously. It's like taking a AA baseball team seriously.

Oh, the fans take MLS very seriously., in many locations. You will not see a more loyal and just crazy about football fan base than in Toronto ... YouTube TFC you will be amazed.

IMO, the problem is not the fans, but in the way the league is run.

As long as MLS insists on bringing over rejects from other leagues they will go nowhere.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2013/01/01/sp-mls-epl-carlo-cudini.html

The January transfer window is about to open. How I wish that some MLS team makes a huge statement and brings in a bona fide star footballer ... I won't say never, but will not happen anytime soon.

And, no, Beckham didn't count, at least not to me.

Lionel Messi wins the Ballon d’Or for a mind boggling and record setting fourth straight time.

If he brings the World Cup home for Argentina in 2014, I think you'd have to give him the title of best footballer of all time. I never thought Maradona would be touched, but Messi is getting awfully close.

Lionel Messi wins the Ballon d’Or for a mind boggling and record setting fourth straight time.

If he brings the World Cup home for Argentina in 2014, I think you'd have to give him the title of best footballer of all time. I never thought Maradona would be touched, but Messi is getting awfully close.

The only thing missing from his impressive career is that WC title.

I think he will do it in 2014 and then the debate will end. Well, for me it will.

all 11 players from the fifa world team are playing in spain .... this is ridiculous ... lol

Agreed

The only thing missing from his impressive career is that WC title.

I think he will do it in 2014 and then the debate will end. Well, for me it will.

As I have said before, Argentina does not have a balanced squad, they won't win the WC in 2014

Nothing changes at the top of the EPL this weekend. Both sides from Manchester won.

And 11, your little birds played to a nil - nil draw yesterday afternoon. Just in case you are still interested.

http://stats.cbc.ca/epl/front.asp

We used to have a badass indoor soccer team at the Aud called the Blizzard. The players also got involved at local town soccar camps.

It would be nice to have a Mens' local professional team to go along with our badass local Womens' team.

Edited by Yuri Olesha

My theory is the entire EPL is tired of his incessant whining about, well everything. So they toss em the game to shut him up.

Very late to this party but was excited to see football talk. Spurs fan in the EPL and Inter fan in Serie A. Was in Milan this August on business and got to see a Europa League match at San Siro. One of the greatest sports moments of my life, sitting right below the Ultras.

My theory is the entire EPL is tired of his incessant whining about, well everything. So they toss em the game to shut him up.

Very late to this party but was excited to see football talk. Spurs fan in the EPL and Inter fan in Serie A. Was in Milan this August on business and got to see a Europa League match at San Siro. One of the greatest sports moments of my life, sitting right below the Ultras.

Milan, I've been through by train, and let me tell you, I felt very fashionable.

But to have been in the laird of Marco Van Basten is something else.