Soccer (Football) ~ Everything About The Beautiful Game

Sabres Fan in NS

I don't know how Sir Alex Ferguson does it. It must be annoying to hear, as a fan of any other team. Aged 71:

• 20 October 2003 – Two match touchline ban and fined £10,000 after using abusive and/or insulting words towards fourth official Jeff Winter.[97]
  • 14 December 2007 – Two match touchline ban and fined £5,000 after using abusive and/or insulting words towards Mark Clattenburg.[98]
  • 18 November 2008 – Two match touchline ban and fined £10,000 after confronting Mike Dean after a game.[99]
  • 12 November 2009 – Four match touchline ban (two suspended) and fined £20,000 for comments made about the fitness of Alan Wiley.[100]
  • 16 March 2011 – Five match touchline ban (three plus the two suspended for the above offence) and fined £30,000 for comments made questioning the performance and fairness of Martin Atkinson.[101]

I don't know how Sir Alex Ferguson does it. It must be annoying to hear, as a fan of any other team.

Me neither, especially since Man U lacks the funds to field a competent squad year after year. :rolleyes:

No mention of '86-89?

Me neither, especially since Man U lacks the funds to field a competent squad year after year. :rolleyes:

I know it.

Sir Alex has to wait to buy washed up players on the cheap, like Van Persie, or snap them up before anyone notices their talent, like Ronaldo or Rooney.

Edited by Yuri Olesha

I know it.

Sir Alex has to wait to buy washed up players on the cheap, like Van Persie, or snap them up before anyone notices their talent, like Ronaldo or Rooney.

I completely respect his managerial prowess, even if he's afforded the many luxuries that come with a perennial powerhouse like MU. But he's such a douche. I've never heard anyone cry as much as that guy. Every week he moans about something.

He really does. He always blames the officials, or anything, but I've never seen him publicly blame a player. He always protects the players on his team from criticism, and himself from criticism.

I try to not pay attention to his whining, but in the last couple months he's had it out for Tottenham so I can't help it. He bitched about not enough injury time in their loss to the Spurs, and a few weeks ago accused the Spurs of manipulating the system in their signing of Zeki Fryers.

Bob loved football ...

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2013/02/06/sp-bob-marley-soccer.html

He would have been 68 years old today. It's been over 30 years since he died ... only the good die young.

Also ...

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2013/02/04/sp-fifa-soccer-match-fixing.html

Bob loved football ...

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...ley-soccer.html

He would have been 68 years old today. It's been over 30 years since he died ... only the good die young.

Also ...

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...tch-fixing.html

Bob is missed, no doubt. I saw the match fixing report, just depressing....

It's a lesson for other coaches. If the goalkeeper lets one in late in the game, blame the timekeeper. It will make matters worse for you when Bale signs for United. ;) Just kidding. Bale really starting to dominate. How do you like him.

My favorite player, despite the incessant diving. Was talking with a friend about him playing lone striker. I'm all for it in lieu of Defoe's injuries.

Edited by Braedon

I could definitely see it working out. He sort of reminds me of CR7, right before he really started scoring.

Scored his first *own goal* last weekend in a 1 - 0 loss to Madrid, if I recall correctly.

Cristiano is a prima donna. Gareth's a man's man. :P

He is a prima donna alright, the second prima donnaest of them all ... just behind A-Rod.

That said, he is a hottie though.

He also melts under the pressure of the biggest international tournaments ... Euro and WC.

He was from Columbia. Chances are, he was going to end up murdered, anyway.

It was a really sad story. Through no fault of their own the Columbian team were hooked by Pablo's cartel. They played with outright fear. It that case the OG probably cost him his life.

OGs happen all the time tho, heck Walters had 2 in the same game for Stoke a couple weeks back. I guess the moral of the story is don't score on yourself when your teams affiliated with a drug cartel.

Messi is probably on drugs. Best, Maradona, Pele. Coppi, Contador: all drug users. Note in the annals of history that Lance Armstrong needed a European doctor. Project Messi must be still be on drugs, because he is just too good. He's in Lance mode.

He has been all his life, though its for hormonal imbalance leading to stunted growth. He was nothing until he got into the Barca system. Simply amazing.

He has been all his life, though its for hormonal imbalance leading to stunted growth. He was nothing until he got into the Barca system. Simply amazing.

I believe he was snached up by Barca when he was 13 and made his debut with the big club at 19, but I may have that all wrong.

I've been wrong before, eh.

I believe he was snached up by Barca when he was 13 and made his debut with the big club at 19, but I may have that all wrong.

I've been wrong before, eh.

Did you read his story in ESPN mag? If not, it's a great read. He wasn't getting anywhere with the Argentina youth squads and his family couldn't afford his meds. Barca, on the other hand, paid for everything and he moved to Spain with his dad I think. The rest is history.....