The Chanting Thread

I am Defecting

It's rare that they try to start one there, fortunately.

Loved what Seattle brought to the music scene, hated the coffee shop on every corner thing, and absolutely despised their sporting event innovation. Though it was fun back in grad school to get a counter wave going and have the 2 cancel out.

I always thought it would be cool to do a different version of "The Wave" - to start, the entire first row of seats behind the glass stands up and cheers, then the second, third, fourth rows, etc. So instead of the wave going around the arena, it goes up row by row and then back down. Kind of like ripples in a pond...hey, The Ripple! (OK it's early and I only have one cup of coffee on board...)

Poor Yuri.

Everybody always saying he is high.

Nobody want to do his chants at games.

:(

Brownies are Yuri's only consolation...

I'll give you credit bud, if you were a college student in a student section for hockey games, your ideas would be great. I like them. They just can't translate to NHL games where the people in the crowd changes every night.

Well, damn it. If the problem is the crowd changing every night, then the problem is the Culture, ie. there isn't one.

That's been my point all along. The culture of being a Sabres fan is all messed up. No one wants to cheer at the games because no one wants to look stupid when no one else cheers with them. Everyone is high class, sober, reserved, and boring.

College games are better because half the fans are stupid and drunk and can afford to go to every game.

I don't post much, but I am drawn to this thread. I am a huge believer in home ice advantage when the fans are in the game with chanting, chorus, cheers, etc. For those that do not think that we have it in us as Americans, I disagree. If you've ever been to a USA Men's soccer match in Columbus Ohio against Mexico you have the evidence that it is in us. I think Mr. Black and team have an opportunity to slip some rum in the punch and get the crowd going. Wether that is paying a few people to be scattered throughout the crowd, using the student section, etc, I think it is possible. It just takes a focused effort on their part.

I admit there are a lot of people with blank stares at the games that just won't get it, but if you can get 1 out of 10 you'll have 1800 poeple chanting...that would be loud.

Love this thread!

• 2 weeks later...

I POSTED HER AND SHE TO ME!

(to the tune of Lola)

that's the way

that I want it to stay

and I always want it

to be that way

with my spncdchz.

spnd-spnd-spnd-spnd spndnchz.

boys will be boys, and girls will be girls.

its a mixed up

hockey puck, sticks up world

with my spndnchz.

spnd-spnd-spnd-spndd spndnchz.

well I'm not dumb

but I can't understand

how she looks like a woman

but posts like a WOMAN

oh my spndnchz

spnd-spnd-spnd-spndd spndnchz

spnd-spnd-spnd-spnd-spndddnchz.

I POSTED HER AND SHE TO ME!

that's the way

that I want it to stay

and I always want it

to be that way

with my spncdchz.

spnd-spnd-spnd-spnd spndnchz.

boys will be boys, and girls will be girls.

its a mixed up

tipped up, sticks up world

with my spndnchz.

spnd-spnd-spnd-spndd spndnchz.

well I'm not dumb

but I can't understand

how she looks like a woman

but posts like a man

oh my spndnchz

spnd-spnd-spnd-spndd spndnchz

spnd-spnd-spnd-spnd-spndddnchz.

Greatest Internet Forum Mod Ever! (in my experience) (Jimi Hendrix emoticon)!

:beer:

:thumbsup:

Just remember, her current boyfriend can coldcock a Loaf's fan w/ 1 shot. (Of course, I've seen terriers that can do the same. They are Loaf fans for cryin' out loud. ;))

Archived