Who moved at the deadline that you wished Buffalo grabbed?

Weave

Don't know where he would have fit into the grand scheme of things as I am overall fine w/ the Sabres D, and he didn't move today, but I would not mind seeing Jack Johnson in a Sabres sweater.

Jack Johnson has just an amazing skill set. I think Columbus won there. He is such a great skater, the switch can still flip for him and he has the potential to be a dominant presence.

Jack Johnson has just an amazing skill set. I think Columbus won there. He is such a great skater, the switch can still flip for him and he has the potential to be a dominant presence.

Wait, it's you that sites the corsi numbers from time to time, right? I keep hearing that Johnson's is abysmal.

Wait, it's you that sites the corsi numbers from time to time, right? I keep hearing that Johnson's is abysmal.

:lol: I'm not sure about his Corsi...but you see flashes of what he can do from time to time...skating, hitting, vision.

It hasn't come all together for him yet. But I think he'll still put it all together.

I would have liked to seen a player like Leopold be moved for picks.

Okay.. so I have to admit.. I completely agree with you. I wanted Sekera or Leopold dealt with Leopold coming first. I wanted McNabb in the lineup.

I'm still hanging in there with you on Leino. I'm optimistic that this year was as much a bad year for him as it was for the team as a whole.

Still there. I think the Sabres may change to reflect what his skill set can bring. Whether or not it's Ruff that gets the team there remains to be seen. By most accounts on here it sure as heck won't be.

As for players who moved.. not one of them would I have gone out of my way to obtain. Perhaps Ben Bishop if you were really future planning?

I'm still hanging in there with you on Leino. I'm optimistic that this year was as much a bad year for him as it was for the team as a whole.

Same here.

I do think he brings a different kind of attitude to the team.

Still there. I think the Sabres may change to reflect what his skill set can bring. Whether or not it's Ruff that gets the team there remains to be seen. By most accounts on here it sure as heck won't be.

Me too.

As for players who moved that I wanted the Sabres to get -- none, although I wouldn't have been unhappy with Sami Pahlsson, especially with Gaustad moving on. (Or Carter if he had a 2-year contract and not an 11-year contract, but I think answering the question means taking the player the way he is, contract included. And Jack Johnson obviously is a good player, but I don't think the Sabres should allocate any more resources to defense unless Shea Weber becomes available).

Hello guys! First time posting here..... from way up north of the province of Quebec! I'm not a hab fan! I hate them! ;-) If you read or watch sports. It's all you can hear and read about: The Habs! Like nothing else exists. You have twelve persons following them everyday and giving you the same news over and over! It's not RDS for "Le Réseau des sports" (The Sports Network) but RDC for "Le réseau des Canadiens" (Habs network).

I'm enthusiast about what my Sabres did but hope they get some muscle during summer! Seems here that Darcy made big moves and experts say getting first round pick for Gaustad is simple theft!

Kostisyn????? Habs fans are celebrating is departure! Big guy with no heart! He'll be now able to celebrate every nights with is sibling! They love celebrating but maybe Nashville is so dull they have nothing to do so they play hockey!

Actually in Nashville being the country music industry home there is a nightlife right near the Arena they play in...within a few blocks there are tons of bars and party places.

Then you have a bunch of young country music singers im sure they would love to rock their world....

Me too.

As for players who moved that I wanted the Sabres to get -- none, although I wouldn't have been unhappy with Sami Pahlsson, especially with Gaustad moving on. (Or Carter if he had a 2-year contract and not an 11-year contract, but I think answering the question means taking the player the way he is, contract included. And Jack Johnson obviously is a good player, but I don't think the Sabres should allocate any more resources to defense unless Shea Weber becomes available).

Shea Weber....ever if they were to go after him it would have to be some sort of sign and trade....say Weber for Myers plus a few other pieces.

The Sabres have abunch of young D-men they really dont need to go shopping for D-men. They have some 5 or so D-men in AHL or lower who are just baout NHL ready. Both Brennan and McNabb can play D.

One of the problems with Ruff is that he is not good with rookies/young players. He is the coaching equivalent of say baseball hall of fame voters who refuse to vote a first time ballot player in just because it was his first time on the ballot.

They need to use this depth at D as trade bait to improve up front.

I know what the Corsi ratings are, but have never looked up any particular player's ranking.

Based on your later post, I'm assuming that his aren't impressive.

I've been hearing a lot about how poorly his number is lately. It doesn't seem to be a number that is easily available on the internet though.I guess it was X who mentions it from time to time. You two usually offer some of the most interesting stuff on here but I couldn't remember who it was.

And just to add to my confusion, you both like Jack Johnson. :P

I've been hearing a lot about how poorly his number is lately. It doesn't seem to be a number that is easily available on the internet though.I guess it was X who mentions it from time to time. You two usually offer some of the most interesting stuff on here but I couldn't remember who it was.

And just to add to my confusion, you both like Jack Johnson. :P

Actually, thinking about it, it was probably Weave that quotes the Corsi #'s, because I think he's the one that I got the link to them. If I had more (any) freetime, I'd like to study them a bit and then see if I couldn't come up w/ something more useful. ;)

Actually, thinking about it, it was probably Weave that quotes the Corsi #'s, because I think he's the one that I got the link to them. If I had more (any) freetime, I'd like to study them a bit and then see if I couldn't come up w/ something more useful. ;)

I don't usually post corsi numbers as I don;t often look at that link. But I think I am the one that posted it for you. :blink:

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_statistics.php?ds=29&f1=2011_s&f2=5v5&c=0+1+3+5+29+30+31+35+36+37+38+39+40+47+48+49+50+51+52+53+54+55+56

You can filter on position and team to get the player you want.

really can't see anyone that was moved at the deadline that i would've wanted... pre-deadline deals however--->> i agree with previous posters that jack johnson would have been a good fit for me... not necessarily for lindy, because i still have no clue what is system is after all these years. i think that's the wildcard in all of this is that the guys that I/we, probably wouldn't fit in his "system"...

really can't see anyone that was moved at the deadline that i would've wanted... pre-deadline deals however--->> i agree with previous posters that jack johnson would have been a good fit for me... not necessarily for lindy, because i still have no clue what is system is after all these years. i think that's the wildcard in all of this is that the guys that I/we, probably wouldn't fit in his "system"...

Jack Johnson has great offensive ability, but he's a sieve defensively. I think he could help a lot of teams, I just don't think the fit was good with our current roster and organizational depth.

I don't usually post corsi numbers as I don;t often look at that link. But I think I am the one that posted it for you. :blink:

http://www.behindthe...+52+53+54+55+56

You can filter on position and team to get the player you want.

The guy currently at the top of the list: John Matsumoto. I quickly glanced at that and thought read it as Tsujimoto. :D

Archived