What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

I just might have to give this a try. I have done the smoker to oven or grill cheating method a few times with pork shoulder and ribs with good results. If I recall, you have a BGE, don't you? I'm so tempted to get one and move away from my Weber bullet smoker and gas grill combo and do all charcoal all the time.

We did a prime rib on the grill for the Super Bowl. Just rubbed it with roasted garlic, sea salt and fresh cracked pepper. Cooked indirect on the grill to 125 internal (I have to highly recommend a Thermapen for baking, grilling and brewing) and let it rest for 30 minutes. It turned out fantastic.

I do have the BGE, and must say I do not love it as a grill. I use it almost exclusively now for either true smoking, or even as an oven when i went to cook something at 350 say, but still get the charcoal/smoke flavor in things like standing rib roast, leg of lamb, beer can chicken etc. For that it has been great. Also, I cannot bake anthing in there to save my life..pizza has always turned out like chit for me, but think it may just be I am a dolt on how to get it done.

I also have the Thermapen, and love it. But for the BGE, i use the Maverick as it gives not only the internal temp of the meat, but the real air temp inside the grill/smoker. The POS thermometer that came with the BGE was almost 60 degrees off.. I kept overcooking stuff and just could not figure it out till i got this. http://www.amazon.co...t/dp/B004IMA718

Do try the pork..it was so good my kids even begrungingly said it was good..and that is a tough thing for them to do :w00t:

Edited by plenzmd1

Had a real crap day at work today that left me wanting nothing more than to mix vodka with various things. Grabbed a lil Russian Standard and headed home. Was a little concerned that my lovely girlfriend would be disappointed in me wanting to get messed up on a Monday until I came downstairs and she already had a drink in hand. Soul mates. :wub:

Anyway, I recommend picking up some Crystal Beach Loganberry syrup at Wegman's the next time you're there. Mix with some club soda and as much vodka as you want, and you'll have yourself a drink my friends long ago named the Dick in a Box.

Or just grab a big cup of loganberry the next time you're at Mighty Taco. ;)

Had a real crap day at work today that left me wanting nothing more than to mix vodka with various things. Grabbed a lil Russian Standard and headed home. Was a little concerned that my lovely girlfriend would be disappointed in me wanting to get messed up on a Monday until I came downstairs and she already had a drink in hand. Soul mates. :wub:

Anyway, I recommend picking up some Crystal Beach Loganberry syrup at Wegman's the next time you're there. Mix with some club soda and as much vodka as you want, and you'll have yourself a drink my friends long ago named the Dick in a Box.

Or just grab a big cup of loganberry the next time you're at Mighty Taco. ;)

That sounds fantastic. And healthy. Recipe please?

I can't take credit for the recipe (it's from this book: http://www.amazon.com/Quick-Easy-Thai-Everyday-Recipes/dp/0811837319), but it's basically:

3 T fresh-squeezed lime juice

2-3 T fish sauce

1 T sugar

2 T each chopped scallions and sliced shallots

2 T (or more) chopped cilantro

12 oz tuna, drained

your choice of heat (I only used about 1 tsp red curry paste since I'm a spice wimp, but you could use chilis or chili pepper flakes)

Add everything to a bowl, stir to combine, and let sit for about 15 min. for the flavors to meld. Good at room temp. or from the fridge, and kind of messy with the amount of liquid so I often just eat by scooping up with crackers rather than having in a sandwich. Delicious.

• 3 weeks later...

Because everything in moderation, including moderation: A burrito from Lloyd Taco Truck and an original (i.e., sugar, not corn syrup) Coke.

After that lunch of champions, I suspect you will be *indisposed* for some time at some point this afternoon.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.