2012 World Junior Championships

Bmwolf21

So it looks like the US is fighting against Switzerland, Latvia, and Denmark to avoid relegation. Does anyone know how many teams are relegated?

It looks like two...

http://www.calgaryhe...925675&sponsor=

"When all 10 teams set up shop in Calgary on Jan. 1, the four teams in the relegation round will play a single round-robin. Only the top two teams will earn a ticket to the 2013 world juniors, while the bottom two teams drop to Division 1."

It looks like two...

http://www.calgaryhe...925675&sponsor=

"When all 10 teams set up shop in Calgary on Jan. 1, the four teams in the relegation round will play a single round-robin. Only the top two teams will earn a ticket to the 2013 world juniors, while the bottom two teams drop to Division 1."

It is worth noting that the win in the game against Denmark carries over (USA doesn't have to re-play them), so USA is already 1-0 in the pool. A win against either Latvia or the Swiss will in all likelihood be enough to make it. From what I've seen, Latvia is pretty far below the other teams.

It is worth noting that the win in the game against Denmark carries over (USA doesn't have to re-play them), so USA is already 1-0 in the pool. A win against either Latvia or the Swiss will in all likelihood be enough to make it. From what I've seen, Latvia is pretty far below the other teams.

Sad that we even have to be discussing this.

Awesome. Every one of you Canadian jerks that cheered for Germany (or any other US opponent) in our building last year, please know that I am grinning ear-to-ear.

For you Canadian non-jerks who weren't doing that, well, sorry; your fellow Canadians have caused me to grin ear-to-ear.

Awesome. Every one of you Canadian jerks that cheered for Germany (or any other US opponent) in our building last year, please know that I am grinning ear-to-ear.

For you Canadian non-jerks who weren't doing that, well, sorry; your fellow Canadians have caused me to grin ear-to-ear.

I don't blame you for feeling that way eleven. But in this game we're witnessing one of the greatest ...I won't say it. Yet

When I am named Sports Czar I am going to make it mandatory that if hockey producers insist on showing the goalie going to the bench, they will be required to do so in a picture-in-picture format. I hate missing play because some jackass producer switches cameras to something stupid like that.

How about Armia riding the broomstick in front of the Swedish bench after his SO goal?

"That was the dumbest thing I've ever done in my hockey career," Armia, a first-rounder of the NHL's

Buffalo Sabres, said. "I don't know what happened there."

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/juniorhockey/blog/buzzing_the_net/post/WJC2012-Armia-regrets-riding-stick-after-shooto?urn=juniorhockey-wp5644

Archived