2012 World Junior Championships

Bmwolf21

What the hell happened?

The Fins goalie kept the Fins in the game until the third and then the Fins scored to quick goals and added another for good measure without much response for the Americans........This is after Finland was smashed by Canada 8-1, but they did look like a totally different team in this game.

The Finns earned this one. The thing with these tourneys is you have to jell fast. Game one was too easy for the U.S. and the Finland loss to Canada may have caused the U.S. to expect less. The Finns certainly were a different team. I was very surprised that the Finns got beat so badly by Canada. The U.S. got their shots today but the Finn goalie was strong and their defense got rid of rebounds. Maybe Gibson should have played in the third period of Game One. No excuses, the U.S. only scored once. The penalty against Gibson was unbelievable. That was a penalty? That was interference? The Finns took the momentum and the game after that lousy call. While Armia scored two goals and and added an assist, there was nothing super about those goals. Gibson should have stopped them both. The U.S. has to win out. The Czechs will not be an easy win.

Lookout on Saturday! The U.S. has about six defensemen at least 6"4". I hope the U.S. does some hitting against Canada. At least show more fight than last years game. The animosity of Canadians towards the U.S. is wearing thin. If most of the U.S. paid attention to this tourney, there would be some " back at you" directed towards the Canadians and I'm not talking about what happens on the ice.

As for the question about the boards in last years WJC in Buffalo. Yes, the advertising was replaced for the WJC games, In fact, the Sabres played the Bruins at home in the middle of the tourney (Jan. 1st) and the old ads were back for that one game. I went to all twenty-one WJC games at HSBC and I thought Buffalo did a great job. More Americans in the stands would have been helpful!

http://www.iihf.com/channels1112/wm20/news/news-singleview-wm20/recap/6242.html?cHash=1

The US didn't start Jack Campbell in net and the fins goalie was damn good all game.

I saw the highlights on NHLN last night, and Gibson definitely had a rough night. A couple of the goals the Finns scored were of the strange variety, and the interference penalty he took, though a very weak call IMO, was a killer in terms of momentum.

I saw the highlights on NHLN last night, and Gibson definitely had a rough night. A couple of the goals the Finns scored were of the strange variety, and the interference penalty he took, though a very weak call IMO, was a killer in terms of momentum.

Gibson made a few very nice saves and actually looked pretty solid for the most part. Both of Armia's goals were pretty soft and our boys only put one in the net. You just don't win very many games where you only score one.

Gibson made a few very nice saves and actually looked pretty solid for the most part. Both of Armia's goals were pretty soft and our boys only put one in the net. You just don't win very many games where you only score one.

I at least had hoped that Armia's goals were awesome.

Dammit.

Saw the first period of USA-CZE, ending 1-1 despite USA being on the PP for ~9 minutes.

The Czechs seemed very unaggressive on the puck in the D-zone but pretty aggressive in the offensive zone.

The CZE goalie, Mrazek, is pretty feisty, he seemed to be in great position most of the time.

A great mini 3-on-2 for the first U.S. goal by T.J. Tynan, excellent passing to get the CZE D-men turned around and a perfect feed by Miller to Tynan charging the net.

Just as I was saying that the U.S. defense was doing a great job of not allowing CZE to gain clean entrances into the zone, they flubbed it up by giving a too-easy 2-on-1 that, combined with poor goaltending, yielded the equalizer for CZE.

Oh yeah, also never heard this one before; the announcer on an upcoming 5-minute major power play for the U.S.: "Open up the buffet, it's all you can eat!" :thumbsup:

Apparently you can watch online on nhl.com..... http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=616&id=144594&navid=DL|NHL|home

4-2 CZE up now, 2 minutes left in the third period. Not looking good. Goalie pulled.

Apparently you can watch online on nhl.com..... http://video.nhl.com...vid=DL|NHL|home

4-2 CZE up now, 2 minutes left in the third period. Not looking good. Goalie pulled.

5-2 with an empty netter. The U.S. would need a lot of help PLUS a victory against host Canada tomorrow night to advance out of their pool. Oh well.

Its all politics, he won it already in the game against Canada, i'm pretty sure thats why he didn't get it.........He should have the POG for both teams, thats how good he was.

I only saw the last 10 mins of the game and he was a freaking brick wall. Whatever the reason is, its a BS one and that rule or mindset needs to be changed.

U.S. is officially out of it now that Finland has taken care of business against Denmark this evening. The U.S. will drop to the chumpionship bracket game to play for 7th place, so two more games. Sadly, our primetime game against Canada Saturday night (NHL network) is meaningless for both teams. Very disappointing!!

Our boy Joel Armia scored again tonight for Finland. He has 3 goals out of Finland's 15 total goals. FIN and CZE battle it out Saturday afternoon (not televised) for the right to play Slovakia or the Swiss in quarters; the loser of FIN-CZE would draw a quarters matchup with the loser of RUS-SWE, who play Saturday night. Meh.

It's awesome to see how much Canada gets into the juniors national team. It was cool to see in Buffalo last year, but even most of the people at HSBC were in from Canada. The U.S. team got a pretty sturdy "Nah nah nah, nah........ Nah nah NAH, nah........ Hey HEY hey....... Goo-od byeeeee!" during the last two minutes of the game today. And it wasn't coming from the Czech fans; at least I don't think!

U.S. is officially out of it now that Finland has taken care of business against Denmark this evening. The U.S. will drop to the chumpionship bracket game to play for 7th place, so two more games. Sadly, our primetime game against Canada Saturday night (NHL network) is meaningless for both teams. Very disappointing!!

Our boy Joel Armia scored again tonight for Finland. He has 3 goals out of Finland's 15 total goals. FIN and CZE battle it out Saturday afternoon (not televised) for the right to play Slovakia or the Swiss in quarters; the loser of FIN-CZE would draw a quarters matchup with the loser of RUS-SWE, who play Saturday night. Meh.

It's awesome to see how much Canada gets into the juniors national team. It was cool to see in Buffalo last year, but even most of the people at HSBC were in from Canada. The U.S. team got a pretty sturdy "Nah nah nah, nah........ Nah nah NAH, nah........ Hey HEY hey....... Goo-od byeeeee!" during the last two minutes of the game today. And it wasn't coming from the Czech fans; at least I don't think!

Yeah, Canada hates us.

Archived