Put me in Coach

Dorlack

:blink:

The guy is LISTED at 6'0" 178 lbs and is not the fastest skater on the squad and you want him 'knocking guys off the puck more?'

He is one of 2 forwards on this team that can actually play at both ends of the ice and the only 1 of the 2 that can chip in goals consistently and you want him hitting people more. Really?

Don't the Sabres have enough guys on the BF-LTIR list already? Do we really need to add the Captain to that list?

Do you also think that Datsyuk should be laying people out more often?

Heilig scheisse. Ich verstehe wieder warum ich nicht sehr oft hier absenden.

gesundheit.

He is one of 2 forwards on this team that can actually play at both ends of the ice and the only 1 of the 2 that can chip in goals consistently and you want him hitting people more. Really?

That other guy looks pretty solid so far. Maybe it's just a product of who he's skating next to, but hopefully he can stay healthy and continue to play like this.

The guy is LISTED at 6'0" 178 lbs and is not the fastest skater on the squad and you want him 'knocking guys off the puck more?'

Don't the Sabres have enough guys on the BF-LTIR list already? Do we really need to add the Captain to that list?

gesundheit.

What was that internet rule about Hitler?

I just wanted to get everyone's opinion. Perhaps Lindy's coaching is to blame here? I am a huge fan of Lindy and would hate to see him leave, but it seems like it just might not be working anymore.

If Lindy was let go he wouldn't even be able to reach for his papers before someone called him. He would be the very hottest coach to go after. He took several under rated teams deep. Imagine if he gets the players he wants. Lindy is not the problem it has always been the club itself. Lindy is and will always be a Sabre and his fan base alone draws people to Buffalo. The Sabres are not a bad team and are one of the better ones this year. He just brought up nine rookies and won with them. That is his system that he has with Buffalo and it is working. If the Sabres don't win it this year they will very soon. Taking Lindy out of Buffalo is no different than taking the chicken wing out. Buffalo is known for the wings as the Sabres are known for Lindy. Some things you just don't touch and this subject is one of them.

No - who specifically is tuning Ruff out? By name.

Is it Vanek - who is playing the best hockey of his career?

Is it Pommers - who is playing the best hockey of his career?

Is it Roy - who was playing the best hockey of his carreer before the injury last year, started slow due to injury, but has been playing like his hair is on fire lately?

Is it Goose who has been playing the best hockey of his career?

Is it Staff - who played the best hockey of his career last year, is in a slump, but is still driving the net hard and added size and a bit of a physical edge to his game this season?

Who else is a memeber of the core? Who by name do you feel has tuned Ruff out?

Good post. I just want to seem them do it when it counts.

If it counts for anything, I like it when you're here :blush:

Do I want Pomminstein to lay people out? It would be funny to see but no. I already said I'm not lookin for that out of him. Simply use the six foot frame he has to suppliment his talent. Is that so much to ask? It seems that you are ok with him waving his stick at an opponent while he skates big wide circles. Explain how not hitting helps take the puck away. I just love seeing the guy who is supposed to set the example on the team get out worked by half of the team. Does he score? YES Does he get assists? YES He is also the Captain. So if the team is getting out hit and outplayed physically, where does he come in to say "lets pick it up". If Kaleta or Goose heard pominville say that in a game where we were getting manhandled and he wasnt hitting, what do you think their response would be? As far as other captains are concerned, I think of Messier,Stevens and oh ya Ovi who even though he is having a slow year is way more talented than pommers and plays a physical game. I hate to bring it up but where was our fearless leader when Miller got hit. He sure made Boston and Lucic pay by leading us to a huge victory. We had a changing of the guard when our core players came up almost a decade ago. From what we saw in the game against Washington I think our future is bright and that another changing is coming in the near future. Cant always count on the same handful of guys to put the opposition in check if you want to go deep into the playoffs. If Pommers does get hurt I'm sure we can manage with what we have to call up.

Do I want Pomminstein to lay people out? It would be funny to see but no. I already said I'm not lookin for that out of him. Simply use the six foot frame he has to suppliment his talent. Is that so much to ask? It seems that you are ok with him waving his stick at an opponent while he skates big wide circles. Explain how not hitting helps take the puck away. I just love seeing the guy who is supposed to set the example on the team get out worked by half of the team. Does he score? YES Does he get assists? YES He is also the Captain. So if the team is getting out hit and outplayed physically, where does he come in to say "lets pick it up". If Kaleta or Goose heard pominville say that in a game where we were getting manhandled and he wasnt hitting, what do you think their response would be? As far as other captains are concerned, I think of Messier,Stevens and oh ya Ovi who even though he is having a slow year is way more talented than pommers and has layed people out.

Simply use the sub-180 lb frame he has to be throwing checks, that's all you want. If he starts hitting on a regular basis, he will start finding himself out of the lineup far more often as the laws of physics start evincing themselves and taking a toll. His being out of the lineup didn't really work out too well for the Sabres when he had the concussion nor in the playoffs last year.

Pominville is the 2nd best defensive forward on the team; add his consistently being a 60+ point contributor and I can overlook his deficiencies on the forecheck. His role isn't to be the guy digging the puck out of the corner. I'm fairly certain that Goose and Kaleta realize that as well.

Then it's a draw. I believe he can give a few more bumps to subtly knock a puck loose then feed it to Vanek on the forecheck. You believe maintaining his current performance is good enough. Now for another question. Do you believe Erhoff,Leino and Regher will all finish their current contracts with the Sabres or will their be a trade? I see Leino finishing his with another team unless he can put a few more in.

You guys are reading an awful lot into a win against a Washington team that was trying to get its coach fired. Washington barely showed up, and the newbs took advantage. Good for them, but don't think the result would have been the same against Boston.

Don't play games. Who else?

I think it is strange that you make a statement, and then agree with the person who disagrees with your statement. :unsure:

See a few posts down (up I guess) the thread ...

Why is it so strange ... I stand by my statement and the player I am talking about is not part of your points, therfore, why would I not agree with your statement.

Simply use the sub-180 lb frame he has to be throwing checks, that's all you want. If he starts hitting on a regular basis, he will start finding himself out of the lineup far more often as the laws of physics start evincing themselves and taking a toll. His being out of the lineup didn't really work out too well for the Sabres when he had the concussion nor in the playoffs last year.

Pominville is the 2nd best defensive forward on the team; add his consistently being a 60+ point contributor and I can overlook his deficiencies on the forecheck. His role isn't to be the guy digging the puck out of the corner. I'm fairly certain that Goose and Kaleta realize that as well.

I think a lot of times, he is the best defensive forward on the team. He has a complete game despite the fact that he's not a hard hitter, as you say.

Then it's a draw. I believe he can give a few more bumps to subtly knock a puck loose then feed it to Vanek on the forecheck. You believe maintaining his current performance is good enough. Now for another question. Do you believe Erhoff,Leino and Regher will all finish their current contracts with the Sabres or will their be a trade? I see Leino finishing his with another team unless he can put a few more in.

You mean his current performance where he's on pace for ~90 points? Yeah, I'll take that any day. There is not one single player in the entire league that can play every single role. That's why it's called a team. If you have the right pieces around that guy who is on pace for 90 points, you're in good shape.

Vanek is on pace for over 40 goals this season and both he and Poms are on better than 1ppg paces and you think he should be giving 'a few more bumps to subtly knock a puck loose then feed it to Vanek,' the fact his body isn't built for it be darned. Really? Vanek is 6th in the league in goal scoring, and yet Pominville's play is somehow holding him back? Really?

Shoot, maybe Enroth should be laying a couple of hits on as well, maybe that'd help the D clear the puck out of the zone a little better.

I think a lot of times, he is the best defensive forward on the team. He has a complete game despite the fact that he's not a hard hitter, as you say.

Considering the best one has only been in the lineup for 1 week, there's a lot of merit to that sentiment.

See a few posts down (up I guess) the thread ...

Why is it so strange ... I stand by my statement and the player I am talking about is not part of your points, therfore, why would I not agree with your statement.

Why are you so afraid to say it?

Do you mean Miller? Are you claiming Miller has tuned Ruff out?

Ruff doesn't even coach Miller, other than to ask him if he's ready and to consult with him on issues affecting the team. Ruff doesn't know the first thing about coaching a goaltender, which is why Corsi is on board. Miller is the de facto captain of this team and has been since 8/1/07. Ruff has consulted with Miller on every major and minor decision affecting the team since then.

If you have an argument to make, make it. I can't even guess where you are going with this.

Why are you so afraid to say it?

Do you mean Miller? Are you claiming Miller has tuned Ruff out?

Ruff doesn't even coach Miller, other than to ask him if he's ready and to consult with him on issues affecting the team. Ruff doesn't know the first thing about coaching a goaltender, which is why Corsi is on board. Miller is the de facto captain of this team and has been since 8/1/07. Ruff has consulted with Miller on every major and minor decision affecting the team since then.

If you have an argument to make, make it. I can't even guess where you are going with this.

With that kind of attitude he won't give you a little plus for every single one of your posts.

With that kind of attitude he won't give you a little plus for every single one of your posts.

Does someone want his Wubby of a negative button back?

Sometimes there are those who actually focus on justice and try to balance the scales from those who thrive off being selfish.

As simple as the gesture may be, it doesn't go unnoticed. The fact that it riles you up is even better.

Sometimes there are those who actually focus on justice and try to balance the scales from those who thrive off being selfish.

As simple as the gesture may be, it doesn't go unnoticed. The fact that it riles you up is even better.

As long as it keeps people from replying with nothing but "+1" in a post, I'm all for it. But otherwise, the whole thing is just some stupid online dick measuring contests. And we all know chz will win that one.

As long as it keeps people from replying with nothing but "+1" in a post, I'm all for it. But otherwise, the whole thing is just some stupid online dick measuring contests. And we all know chz will win that one.

I beg to differ.

And judging by today's content, it appears that godd is looking to sharpen his keyboard again.

This time he has wisely chosen a topic that has no right answer.

It deserves it's own thread. Will make it much easier for the mods to delete it when it all goes up in flames.

:w00t:

You should lay off the ketamine.

My dick is quite big, although rubber.

Archived