GDT: Sabres at Columbus 11/25/11 7:00PM

spndnchz

I don't see Ruff out on the ice, either. EDIT: And yes, it will take more than eight months to fix Quinn's roster screwups.

Still blaming Quinn? Seriously?

Boyes, Leino and Stafford where all signed/obtained after Quinn left. That's $14 mil worth of players with a combined 8 goals and Regier signed/obtained them all. Not Quinn, Regier.

What we are seeing tonight is the quintessential Ruff hockey team, unprepared and uninspired.

Wait, if a coach isn't responsible for what the players are doing on the ice, then why have a coach?

I would like to know what Ruff does? He's not responsible for Myers' development or lack of it. He not responsible for motivating players or getting them ready to play on a nightly basis. What does Ruff do?

And why am I arguing with a cartoon Snoopy?

Thanks, I understand. We're all frustrated with this team, and we all have our theories. I don't take your clear frustration personally, and hopefully you don't take mine that way.

I would like to know what Ruff does? He's not responsible for Myers' development or lack of it. He not responsible for motivating players or getting them ready to play on a nightly basis. What does Ruff do?

He is responsible for a menacing grimace. That is all.

Can we please have last year's team back? I don't remember ever hating a team as much I do this one. Forget the Boston game, this team does not show up 75% of the time. I feel zero connection to these guys and am shocked to say that I have watched fewer periods this year than I have in the last 20+ years. Even when Buffalo started off last season slowly, I never felt like turning the game off...These guys are just killing me!

That really has been the problem I think over the last handful of years. The few games I've been to in Buffalo the last four years there is absolutely no enthusiasm in the building. Even this year with new owner and expectations. There is a total disconnect with this team. I'll take the Ted Nolan style of play any day. The building was at least alive back then...!!!

Or so you assume that he is directly responsible. The guy ACTUALLY Directly responsible for this team was given a pass for this season becdause he was finally going to be "unshackled" and allowed to spend :doh:

This is exactly where the blame lies. Those signings looked great in the off season. How do they look now? But to be perfectly honest this clusterfukc goes much deeper than a couple of free agent signings. Aside from the injury problems which this team is riddled with there is something far more nefarious going on here that finally came to light when Lucic ran over Miller. These guys are playing like a bunch of spoiled millionaires. Oh yeah, they are spoiled millionaires. Pegula should make them use the visitors dressingroom and let their opponents use the 'salon'. IMO this core has had far too long to prove they are a group that can bring home the hardware. Perhaps a few need a change of scenery?

Boyes, Leino and Stafford where all signed/obtained after Quinn left. That's $14 mil worth of players with a combined 8 goals and Regier signed/obtained them all. Not Quinn, Regier.

What we are seeing tonight is the quintessential Ruff hockey team, unprepared and uninspired.

add Leino, regher, MAG also. quinn has been well removed.

Finally, someone with some intelligence.

You know I'm with you on Stafford; in fact, I'll bet I preceded you on wanting him gone.

Boyes was a deadline deal. It was done to satisfy desperate fans, and you're in that category, and it was, what, about three days after Quinn was gone? And I'm still not sure that he's been given the chance to excel here. That might be Ruff's fault in your mind, but it's the fault of circumstance in mine.

Leino seemed like someone that T-Peg, not Darcy, foisted upon us as the answer to the problem at C after Buffalo lost the fake Richards auction. And of course, T-Peg wasn't acting alone. I'll bet that he relied upon DR's advice, and to date, DR was dead wrong. It's a bad fit for the team, and it's a bad fit for the position. I wanted to give him a chance, I did give him a chance, and at the quarter-pole, I want him traded (but not as badly as I want Stafford traded).

Thanks, I understand. We're all frustrated with this team, and we all have our theories. I don't take your clear frustration personally, and hopefully you don't take mine that way.

We're all right.

Wow dude. What's with the 'tude? You are in full attack mode tonight.

Would you like a hug? :wub:

PM me your number. I'm lonely.

Sadly it's not that menacing.

Seriously, I would like to know what Ruff brings to the rink that they couldn't get from another coach and that the Sabres couldn't survive without it.

At this, point, that is among the most important questions facing this organization.

Finally, someone with some intelligence.

You know I'm with you on Stafford; in fact, I'll bet I preceded you on wanting him gone.

Boyes was a deadline deal. It was done to satisfy desperate fans, and you're in that category, and it was, what, about three days after Quinn was gone? And I'm still not sure that he's been given the chance to excel here. That might be Ruff's fault in your mind, but it's the fault of circumstance in mine.

Leino seemed like someone that T-Peg, not Darcy, foisted upon us as the answer to the problem at C after Buffalo lost the fake Richards auction. And of course, T-Peg wasn't acting alone. I'll bet that he relied upon DR's advice, and to date, DR was dead wrong. It's a bad fit for the team, and it's a bad fit for the position. I wanted to give him a chance, I did give him a chance, and at the quarter-pole, I want him traded (but not as badly as I want Stafford traded).

I think it is safe to say that the Sabres have issues top to bottom. Problem with that is Pegula isn't going to allow a move at the top. It was said at the time when Regier and Ruff were retained that the Sabres where just spinning their wheels. That is where this franchise is right now, spinning it's wheels. Until Regier or Ruff or both are gone nothing is going to change.

Archived