Transfer of Power: THE EMERGENCE OF ENROTH!

HopefulFuture

We should all be discussing Grags/Weber before we talk Miller/Enroth.

I tend to agree with many, Weber brings that physical force that compliments one of our offensively minded d men.

I tend to view Myers, Leopold, Ehrhoff, Sekera and Gragnani as Offensive Defensemen. That only leaves Rheger and Weber as our Defensive defensemen. I'd like to think Myers can become a great Two-Way Defenseman, but he just appears so lost out there right now.

I would like to know what happened to the kid that has his game confidence so shattered right now, atleast in appearances.

I don't disagree with your assesment that Miller got them to the Gold Medal game.

My methods are just fine.

You will not find a ###### in this armor, no matter how hard you attempt to hit it with hammers.

OK, this is funny. You didn't know you were throwing a racial slur out there, did you. :clapping:

Shrader, you started the day saying that your commute went welland on a THURSDAY, you didn't have any complaints:

I spent my whole damn afternoon giving you something to complain about. And now your complaining about it.

Your Welcome ;)

Oh, so now you're taking credit for this one? That's awfully greedy if you ask me. But you did just pick up on recent trend in the past month that is making complaint thursday a bit more difficult for me, so :thumbsup: to you on that.

Ruff has a good relationship with Miller. If Lindy believes Miller is mentally ready tomorrow, play him.

I can see an argument for starting either tomorrow. Enroth won at home and played solid last night. Miller has lost all his home games.

Miller usually responds great after tough outings.

I'm not concerned about either starting tomorrow. I think Miller would perform and so would Enroth.

I am merely looking for a different outcome come those must win games.

Based on his skill sets (which, if you bothered to research his junior career you'd see) and by his ability to show patience in training within the AHL (the transition to the NA game) combined with his swagger, if you will, mentally.

Wasn't Enroth ready to jump ship to Europe earlier this year?

Oh, so now you're taking credit for this one? That's awfully greedy if you ask me. But you did just pick up on recent trend in the past month that is making complaint thursday a bit more difficult for me, so :thumbsup: to you on that.

All right, I won't take the credit, but I'm still glad you get to celebrate our weekly holiday.

I'm not concerned about either starting tomorrow. I think Miller would perform and so would Enroth.

I am merely looking for a different outcome come those must win games.

Completely agree. The whole team must fight harder, I saw limited aggression (albeit I don't catch many games, I should be getting more now NHL Gamecenter live is available in the UK). I mean physically and towards the puck, puck carrier and in the neutral zone. Roy's line seemed to have the best game (VAP doesn't count as they play so well and create so many chances).

I would be very interested in switching to a "play til you lose" system. How long can a second round draft pick who plays like Enroth be expected to sit around on a bench?

+1000 start enroth friday and play him till he loses , put in milsy and let him go till a loss. Only issues is these back to back and 4 games a week weeks may kill the hot guy

Are u retarded? Say this isn't a hate on miller thread then say nothing good and say we should trade him?!? Get the f out of here. I'm talking about yourself and ur ideas. Trading him would leave us no decent backup. Are u crazy?

Your. You. This is not how we communicate on this board.

I don't disagree with your assesment that Miller got them to the Gold Medal game.

My methods are just fine.

You will not find a ###### in this armor, no matter how hard you attempt to hit it with hammers.

Being set in your own ways doesn't mean you're right. And what exactly are we finding in this armor? :w00t:

From what I saw from Weber last night, I don't think there is any discussion... Weber needs to stay in the lineup. The physical force that he brought was much needed.

+1

HopefulFuture can I ask you how many clutch games Hasek choked in while he was here for such a brief period of time?

He was here for 8 seasons, I hardly call that "a brief period of time".

Thanks for playing. Miller has been here almost as long and nobody seems to realize that.

I lurked all day and watched this unfold.

Saying miller does not perform in clutch games is flawed in its inception. I would like an exact definition of "clutch game" championship games mean the gold medal game and if you call for elimination games in the playoffs than Miller may have done poorly... What about the team in front of the goaltender? Does that matter? I say yes. This whole thread is bad.

Enroth should start tomorrow, but Miller is the Starter still, we could revisit this around game 41.

I lurked all day and watched this unfold.

Saying miller does not perform in clutch games is flawed in its inception. I would like an exact definition of "clutch game" championship games mean the gold medal game and if you call for elimination games in the playoffs than Miller may have done poorly... What about the team in front of the goaltender? Does that matter? I say yes. This whole thread is bad.

Enroth should start tomorrow, but Miller is the Starter still, we could revisit this around game 41.

I've already stated it can be revisited in 41 days, and yes, those mentioned games would be accurate and he didn't necessarily do poorly. I don't want my comments on his abilities to be construed in a way that puts the loses on him solely, of this, when you mention the team (as others have) you are correct.

I am merely looking at it from his inability to pull out the victories via his own play. Especially in those must win scenario's.

I am comfortable with Enroth handling those type of duties, and the reasons why I've stated, but once again, I want a different outcome, and time and time again we get the same results with Miller, from the start of his career on.

I think Enroth can overcome that, this is where fact (Miller's inability) meets opinion (my thoughts on Enroth).

At the very least it couldn't hurt any, if the expected results with Miller are a negative, I see no negative in getting Enroth in there and see what he can do.

Thanks for playing. Miller has been here almost as long and nobody seems to realize that.

Thanks for playing what exactly?

Miller has been here 6 years, a couple shy of Hasek, and in no way would I ever, in any time frame, put Miller on the same plain as Hasek, 2 entirely different netminders with 2 entirely different teams.

Miller couldn't even carry Haseks bags in my opinion, but the numbers themselves season in and season out for both netminders proves this accurate as well.

The reasons for Hasek's inability to acheive success here are far different than Miller's.

Hasek had to go through a complete roster change over from when he first arrived.

It went from an offensively minded system to a defensively minded one, and before it is stated, no, the Sabres were not gifted in the player personnel dept. with the transition save a few players, very few.

There was the Muckler/Nolan fiasco (which lasted a season in a half) then there was the sale of the team, a new arena, and of course, the subsequent falling out with Regier over managements straight out refusal to go out and get the talent needed to continue the run. His leaving had less to do with paying him and more to do with bringing in the added components for Cup success. Whether that was Rigas or Regier remains to be seen actually.

But, it can be noted, in his time with Buffalo he had 6 Vezina's and 2 Hart trophies and dam near carried the team to a Cup. As I previously stated, the only thing that stopped him was himself.

But to compare the 2 is laughable, Miller's numbers never have nor ever will (in my opinion) approach Hasek's. And this isn't to say Enroth's will either, but I'd still like Enroth guarding the net come clutch game time. Miller has repeatedly crapped the bed in this area.

Archived