Transfer of Power: THE EMERGENCE OF ENROTH!

HopefulFuture

Didn't like my "Miller is Overrated" post?! Guess you're a Lee Evans fan as well!

Here's a quote right from the sabrespace front page: ‘Miller, who is 0-4-0 in his last four games with a 3.91 goals-against average.’ Those stats aren't even average.

Got a question for ya, how many goals did Enroth let in during his 54 minutes in net last night?

About my points from my post, so you're against the idea of getting true centers? You'd rather have a team full of good wingers and a above average goalie? Good luck with that!

You can't compare the time Enroth spent in net to the 7 minutes Miller put in. Philly was playing a totally different type of game at that point.

And I don't think she really gives a schitt about your Miller is Overrated post, just that you started a new thread with a thread already screaming MILLER vs ENROTH.

I rather see someone posting in the right ###### thread before they go open new ones with the same ###### discussion going on. If you ###### read at all here you'd know my ###### opinion on centers. /rant

Actually Einstein, this topic is called "Miller vs Enroth", not "Miller is Overrated". Since people are talking about the differences between the two goalies, no one else can start a seaparate thread about either one of them and discuss their opinions about one of them.

Are you butt-hurt because I called your man overrated...then go get a straw & SUCK IT UP!!!!!

Actually Einstein, this topic is called "Miller vs Enroth", not "Miller is Overrated". Since people are talking about the differences between the two goalies, no one else can start a seaparate thread about either one of them and discuss their opinions about one of them.

Are you butt-hurt because I called your man overrated...then go get a straw & SUCK IT UP!!!!!

more...more please...

seriously? have you not looked over the thread? and seriously you're going to start ###### with one of the moderators? What you're saying is overboard and ludicrous if I may say so.

Although it's against my better judgement, let us breakdown what I am supposed to prove wrong? Shall we?

Am I retarded?

Ok, let's break it down and try and prove you wrong, shall we?

Let's see, Buffalo Sabres fan posts his opinions on an Enroth vs Miller comparison and expresses facts and opinions (formulated by the facts, and yes, some bias here, by the inability of Miller to perform in season/series/tournament ending games) in a reasonably intellegent manner.......

Answer, no, I am not retarded.......

Say it's not a hate on Miller thread, then say nothing good and say we should trade him.

Breakdown,

I believe I stated he is a slightly above average goalie who fails to perform in those "must win, clutch games".

And then suggest that I'd go with Enroth and maximize my offensive returns (i.e. stud centerman) via a trade of Ryan Miller either standalone or in a package deal.

Answer, doesn't appear to be anything to be proven wrong on, but I might be missing something here, help me, give me particulars when it comes to this line.

Get the f out of here, I'm talking about you and your ideas.

Breakdown,

I can't believe you would actually say start Enroth and trade Miller, you must be an idiot. You have no idea what your talking about. Do you realize what Ryan Miller means to this team, for our future hopes for a Cup (atleast I am hoping you think for a Stanley Cup and don't have some type of man love thing for him, maybe it's his long hair or his eyes with you, who knows).

Answer, yes, you can believe I stated that was my opinion, because I did. And why should a coherant poster get the f out of here?

Well, not proven wrong here, atleast opinion wise, however, if, as some have pointed out, this were to happen and the trade did not infact garner us a return of equal or lesser value to the overall goal of the team, then I'd be proven wrong.

Tell ya what, we'll get back to this one as I don't see Miller playing out the remainder of his contract here. It may not be this season, or even next, but I think they trade him before the end of this contract, just call it a hunch is all.

And finally, trading him would leave us with no decent backup, are you crazy?

Actually a 2 parter, but since this post is already unbelievably long, let's combine the 2, ok?

No, I'm not crazy, it only appears that way to some, to others what I state makes logical sense, it's all in the passion.

And as for a backup, if the goal is a Cup within 3 seasons, a backup suitable for our needs can be found at a much lower cost for both Enroth and the backup then 6.25 million. Thereby creating more space for some real FA or trade signing situation without sacrificing the farm, in my opinion.

I think this thread is a disaster and I can't say I've read more than two of your posts in it because I find them unbearable, but some part of me still feels just enough compassion to make fair warning that trying to have a reasonable discussion with this jabroni is just going to end in a flame fest. Save yourself the time and spend your hot air on the legitimate posters in this thread.

Or don't. Maybe you two duking it out could send this thread straight to the top of the wall of shame.

Carry on.

Just logged on for the first time today and lo and behold I see the thread I expected to see. So this is now going to be a Flutie/Johnson thing all year again. Everyone wanted a capable backup, now that we have one, many of you want him to start. I guess its just like the say, "The favorite player on the team is the backup goalie/quarterback".

The entire discussion is moot, because Pegula will never let Regier get rid of Miller. Pegula loves this team, these players and I believe he knows that Miller is not the problem with this team. Miller has won more games by himself than we have lost because of him. Its funny after the Montreal game and Florida shutout he was perceived as the greatest. Now a bad goal, maybe 2 bad goals and he's fodder.

What we really need is scoring from more than just the top line, that's the problem, not Miller.

The only thing that should happen as far as goaltending is Ruff needs to play Miller only about 55 games and Enroth about 25 or so.

But you guys just go on with your anti-Miller crusade...

I can get behind some of this response without question. The problem your going to run into here is where to get that secondary scoring beyond the 1st line. And even then, I wouldn't catagorize Luke Adam or Ville Leino or Derek Roy or anyone on this current roster as the true catalyst for making the top scoring line a beast.

I am of the view that we have plenty enough wingers, scoring wingers at that (when given a pivot player worthy of dishing the puck to them) to create 3 scoring lines.

I am also of the view that Roy and Adam solve 2 out of 3 of those positions.

My opinion on the trading Miller aspect comes solely fromt the potential return, and most likely it would be a package deal to include a winger or D man or pick(s)/prospect(s).

While enhancing the forward lines abilities in a scenario such as this, we'd be removing 6.25 mil off the books, granted, a worthy backup to Enroth would most certainly have to be signed or brought in with the trade. Turco is the only viable option in the FA market to date (atleast, he was still on the market yesterday).

I would submit that with the recent statements of Hasek's desire to return, I would go with the nostalgic route for the remainder of this season (wouldn't that be something).

My thoughts are not that a Miller trade would equate to a Cup this season, but to prepare the roster for a run next season and that is a process that would continue into the off season.

I haven't commented on Miller's play this season, every goalie goes through ups and downs, I am looking specifically at the performance of Enroth to date and Miller's known record in must win scenario's. I prefer to try something different this time around, and with Enroth, we are afforded the opportunity to do so is all.

I think this thread is a disaster and I can't say I've read more than two of your posts in it because I find them unbearable, but some part of me still feels just enough compassion to make fair warning that trying to have a reasonable discussion with this jabroni is just going to end in a flame fest. Save yourself the time and spend your hot air on the legitimate posters in this thread.

Or don't. Maybe you two duking it out could send this thread straight to the top of the wall of shame.

Carry on.

I was a bit sarcastic in the response, but then again, why all the hate on my views and opinions.

Surely a much more experienced poster such as yourself can find some common ground to go point/counter-point on the subject at hand.

My butts just fine thanks for asking. Who is Lee Evans?

This is exactly what is wrong with this messageboard.

I was a bit sarcastic in the response, but then again, why all the hate on my views and opinions.

Surely a much more experienced poster such as yourself can find some common ground to go point/counter-point on the subject at hand.

He's just saying it's best not to feed the trolls.

yeah...kind of my thoughts too...this is almost to the point of ridiculous.

Where's my buddy D4rksabre...train wreck indeed sir...and Chz...now I want Mighty :unsure:

@LPF: Afterburners. ###### fantastic. :lol: It's like when Doc Brown throws those colored logs in the time traveling train.

I seriously want Mighty now. They broke ground on the one here in Henrietta. Should be open by Christmas. :w00t:

@LPF: Afterburners. ###### fantastic. :lol: It's like when Doc Brown throws those colored logs in the time traveling train.

I seriously want Mighty now. They broke ground on the one here in Henrietta. Should be open by Christmas. :w00t:

I can't wait! go to some RIT hockey games, drink a little, then grab some mighty...it'll be great...well even better than it used to be because now I dont have to find some stupid sap to drive a few of us to Buffalo to get the mighty now ;)

Although it's against my better judgement, let us breakdown what I am supposed to prove wrong? Shall we?

Am I retarded?

Ok, let's break it down and try and prove you wrong, shall we?

Let's see, Buffalo Sabres fan posts his opinions on an Enroth vs Miller comparison and expresses facts and opinions (formulated by the facts, and yes, some bias here, by the inability of Miller to perform in season/series/tournament ending games) in a reasonably intellegent manner.......

Answer, no, I am not retarded.......

Say it's not a hate on Miller thread, then say nothing good and say we should trade him.

Breakdown,

I believe I stated he is a slightly above average goalie who fails to perform in those "must win, clutch games".

And then suggest that I'd go with Enroth and maximize my offensive returns (i.e. stud centerman) via a trade of Ryan Miller either standalone or in a package deal.

Answer, doesn't appear to be anything to be proven wrong on, but I might be missing something here, help me, give me particulars when it comes to this line.

Get the f out of here, I'm talking about you and your ideas.

Breakdown,

I can't believe you would actually say start Enroth and trade Miller, you must be an idiot. You have no idea what your talking about. Do you realize what Ryan Miller means to this team, for our future hopes for a Cup (atleast I am hoping you think for a Stanley Cup and don't have some type of man love thing for him, maybe it's his long hair or his eyes with you, who knows).

Answer, yes, you can believe I stated that was my opinion, because I did. And why should a coherant poster get the f out of here?

Well, not proven wrong here, atleast opinion wise, however, if, as some have pointed out, this were to happen and the trade did not infact garner us a return of equal or lesser value to the overall goal of the team, then I'd be proven wrong.

Tell ya what, we'll get back to this one as I don't see Miller playing out the remainder of his contract here. It may not be this season, or even next, but I think they trade him before the end of this contract, just call it a hunch is all.

And finally, trading him would leave us with no decent backup, are you crazy?

Actually a 2 parter, but since this post is already unbelievably long, let's combine the 2, ok?

No, I'm not crazy, it only appears that way to some, to others what I state makes logical sense, it's all in the passion.

And as for a backup, if the goal is a Cup within 3 seasons, a backup suitable for our needs can be found at a much lower cost for both Enroth and the backup then 6.25 million. Thereby creating more space for some real FA or trade signing situation without sacrificing the farm, in my opinion.

You're just one of those fans who the next game miller plays well will be on here saying he needs the veznia trophy. Just understand that enroth isn't going to be stellar every game. The only reason he is stellar when he plays is bc he only plays once a week if that. And who would be our backup? Macintyre? Who is anything but a capable ahl goalie? Ur a joke

Egh, I just don't have the energy. These threads grate on me. It's not really a topic I find to be desperate enough to dig in and fight about. If I find myself on either side of the Miller vs Enroth debate I'll gladly throw my hat in, but I'm pretty indifferent at the moment. You obviously feel otherwise and I see no reason to discuss it.

Edit: I should clarify that I don't mean that in an insulting manner at all. You're free to discuss what you'd like. At least you've kept it civil.

You're just one of those fans who the next game miller plays well will be on here saying he needs the veznia trophy. Just understand that enroth isn't going to be stellar every game. The only reason he is stellar when he plays is bc he only plays once a week if that. And who would be our backup? Macintyre? Who is anything but a capable ahl goalie? Ur a joke

Thanks for coming in and hurling insults at the guy, and then saying nothing that hasn't already been said.

As nfreeman would say, outstanding.

He's just saying it's best not to feed the trolls.

Ah, well, in that case he is correct, I won't respond to those posts that seem to be a hazing type ritual for some.

And thanks, to both of you, actually all of you for atleast reading my views and opinions and offering up some rebuttals.

I do take in what many of you say, but as I have pointed out, i'd like to try a different route this season with the goaltending situation.

If there was ever a time for "Politics w/ Crosschecking" this would be it.

I would almost prefer that at this point. CC isn't an unreasonable guy to talk with for the most part, and generally keeps the personal insults out of it. Not a troll by any means.

This is exactly what is wrong with this messageboard.

If there was ever a time for "Politics w/ Crosschecking" this would be it.

Shrader, you started the day saying that your commute went welland on a THURSDAY, you didn't have any complaints:

I'm weak on the complaints so far this week (no driving incidents yet I guess). All I can think of is that my girlfriend and I have schedules that don't mesh together too well.

I spent my whole damn afternoon giving you something to complain about. And now your complaining about it.

Your Welcome ;)

Egh, I just don't have the energy. These threads grate on me. It's not really a topic I find to be desperate enough to dig in and fight about. If I find myself on either side of the Miller vs Enroth debate I'll gladly throw my hat in, but I'm pretty indifferent at the moment. You obviously feel otherwise and I see no reason to discuss it.

Eh, I see your point, but I atleast owe you the thanks for hearing my views out. Thank you.

Ah, well, in that case he is correct, I won't respond to those posts that seem to be a hazing type ritual for some.

And thanks, to both of you, actually all of you for atleast reading my views and opinions and offering up some rebuttals.

I do take in what many of you say, but as I have pointed out, i'd like to try a different route this season with the goaltending situation.

If we trade miller, we will be in a deep hole like Philly last season. Where enroth can't handle the pressure of 10 games in a row, we throw Mac in there and he can't stop a beachball

Archived