(OT) Fielding a team of Halloween Candy

Ghost of Dwight Drane

Boo!

I chuck those. They go under the Skittles family tree.

Double Bubble almost made it, but it's usually cheapskates who hand those out. Atomic Fireballs are nice, but same boat. Junior Mints are old school.....if someone gave a little box of Junior Mints and Milk Duds, I would respect that. Then you'd always get the 70 year old who handed out pennies, or a nickle if you were lucky. Bless their souls.

No good costumes this year. Someone is usually pretty clever, but I think people are going on the cheap.

I have disagreed with you on this forum in the past ... but this, sir, is unforgivable.

If someone had a box of Mike+Ikes or Hot Tamales.... I like those. Usually the fruit candies represent cheapness. You hand out a Snickers or a Reeses Cup, and I know you are ok.

I get the feeling that stuff like skittles and starburst go over well with the young kids because it keeps them busy for a longer time.

a very worthy contribution, especially the bolded portion.

Thanks for noticing. Seemed like a natural fit, especially when considering Wayne's contribution to the hockey world vs. that of big brother Keith. Or our other recent attempt at drafting good genes - Andrew Orpik. Is our Boychuck related to the good one? Hard to tell. Boychuck is like Smith up in your neck of the woods..

Thanks for noticing. Seemed like a natural fit, especially when considering Wayne's contribution to the hickey world vs. that of big brother Keith. Or our other recent attempt at drafting good genes - Andrew Orpik. Is our Boychuck related to the good one? Hard to tell. Boychuck is like Smith up in your neck of the woods..

So, what candy represents Keith Gretzky? cheap bagged cream taffy?

After handing out candy to over 150 kids last year, had no choice but to make the switch this year to the "cheap skate" bag that included a high ratio of Double Bubble. Also included were smarties, warheads, etc.

Warheads....much better than sour patch kids. I put them in the Everlasting Gobstopper tree.

I won't knock anyone for handing anything out. Besides, they pay up for smarties in the city because they throw the white ones into codine bottles and sell them on the street. Just kidding.....I think....

Archived